Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

His M? Is that James Bond reference or something I wouldn't get?

Yeah. Q being the tech guy, and M being the organization's head who assigns missions. I guess Geoffrey leads this Royal Secret Service?

I never really read the comics or even watched SatAM, so these characters don't mean much to me.

• Chuckle 1

55 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

Yeah. Q being the tech guy, and M being the organization's head who assigns missions. I guess Geoffrey leads this Royal Secret Service?

I never really read the comics or even watched SatAM, so these characters don't mean much to me.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I understand the confusion since rule 34 is the other one.

Thanks for the clear up

12 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

And, shockingly, something related to TLSC that I didn't know about, a new character!

Another Echidna, how quaint. At least compared to the 8th of last month... This really is Geoffrey St. John Chronicles at this point, isn't it?

Y'know the more he says he had story details ironed out but then says he just changed something the less I think he actually has things ironed out. 

Like I'm no writer but like shouldn't you have your details worked out before you start writing? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Oooh, okay. That makes sense.

51 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Y'know the more he says he had story details ironed out but then says he just changed something the less I think he actually has things ironed out. 

Like I'm no writer but like shouldn't you have your details worked out before you start writing? 

That's how it goes at times.

Generally speaking, there's typically a somewhat lengthy outline of key plot points and character arcs that gets elaborated on and adjusted on as the creative team sees fit.

In this case, it depends on just how much Geoffrey is actually in this.

• Promotion 1

I'm suspecting that this Dr. Zephyr might be a Dr. Finitevus-clone since Finitevus is owned by Karl Bollers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

6 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

I share the feeling and honestly, you're making yourself a favor since basically, Penders treated the game cast as if it wasn't good enough compared to his own "superior" creations.

Speaking of which, I imagine that as soon as any of the Archie staff came up with new characters of their own, Kenny boy would waste no time to undermine them too. I mean, just reading how proud he was of Geoffrey (aka Pepe le Pedo) acting like some kind of Chad that had relations with an underage Sally before Sonic essentially paints the whole picture of how he handled things.

• Nice Smile 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

6 hours ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Not at all. Writing is a very fluid process for most people.But should you have your details worked out before you start drawing panels for your comic's issue 1? For god's sake, yes.

Writing is fun for me. I may look at what I wrote a day later and shuffle things around a bit because I thought of something better or don't like the direction or even the premise of what I was doing any longer but that's only natural. It's never a good thing to just have an idea and immediately start drawing it without any thought of where it's going. That's going to lead to regret down the line in most cases.

Maybe not if you're Penders though. Maybe he just thinks everything he writes and draws is gold.

Literal liquid gold spills from the ink of his pen. That's how golden his shit is...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

52 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

I share the feeling and honestly, you're making yourself a favor since basically, Penders treated the game cast as if it wasn't good enough compared to his own "superior" creations.

Speaking of which, I imagine that as soon as any of the Archie staff came up with new characters of their own, Kenny boy would waste no time to undermine them too. I mean, just reading how proud he was of Geoffrey (aka Pepe le Pedo) acting like some kind of Chad that had relations with an underage Sally before Sonic essentially paints the whole picture of how he handled things.

Lol on the Pepe thing 

and yea he does treat people like garbage both in real life and in the comic

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm suspecting that this Dr. Zephyr might be a Dr. Finitevus-clone since Finitevus is owned by Karl Bollers.

He was the one with the black eye thing right?

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Yes he should of planned things out much better

11 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Writing is fun for me. I may look at what I wrote a day later and shuffle things around a bit because I thought of something better or don't like the direction or even the premise of what I was doing any longer but that's only natural. It's never a good thing to just have an idea and immediately start drawing it without any thought of where it's going. That's going to lead to regret down the line in most cases.

Maybe not if you're Penders though. Maybe he just thinks everything he writes and draws is gold.

Literal liquid gold spills from the ink of his pen. That's how golden his shit is...

Yeah and gold is fools gold and it is truly shit

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Oooh, okay. That makes sense.

That's how it goes at times.

Generally speaking, there's typically a somewhat lengthy outline of key plot points and character arcs that gets elaborated on and adjusted on as the creative team sees fit.

In this case, it depends on just how much Geoffrey is actually in this.

He still needs publish his script or something to show the whole world on this is story being legit

5 hours ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Not at all. Writing is a very fluid process for most people.But should you have your details worked out before you start drawing panels for your comic's issue 1? For god's sake, yes.

Ken needs show us the progress he made more clearly to his audience 

Just a quick question--if Ken were writing the current Metal Virus Storyline in IDW, what would his version of Dr. Starline look like?

• Too Many Rings 1

2 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

Just a quick question--if Ken were writing the current Metal Virus Storyline in IDW, what would his version of Dr. Starline look like?

He would probably outshine Eggman and eventually take over the arc.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Ken, the reason Ian stated that the Robo-Robotniks in #19 and #22 were different wasn't to "cover up for Archie"; It was to fix a plothole you and Karl created, because unlike you guys, Ian actually cared about creating a consistent world.  Heck, his logic that it's to cover up for Archie doesn't even make sense to begin with, since both Robo-Robotniks were created by Ken, so it wouldn't change who created what.  Ken seriously can't even remember what he actually did in the series.

Also, good to see Ken is still trying to claim ownership over literally Dr. Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, SatAMhog said:

It'd be a nightmare trying to tell which characters were supposed to be robo-zombies and which ones weren't. They all look like they hunger for sentient flesh.

I'm sure Ken will edit the Wiki to say that Starline totally did it with Amy or something. Then when Amy's age gets pointed out he'll say "Well, in hedgehog years..."

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

Ken, the reason Ian stated that the Robo-Robotniks in #19 and #22 were different wasn't to "cover up for Archie"; It was to fix a plothole you and Karl created, because unlike you guys, Ian actually cared about creating a consistent world.  Heck, his logic that it's to cover up for Archie doesn't even make sense to begin with, since both Robo-Robotniks were created by Ken, so it wouldn't change who created what.  Ken seriously can't even remember what he actually did in the series.

Also, good to see Ken is still trying to claim ownership over literally Dr. Eggman.

I'm actually in the middle of reading some of the earlier stuff and I've shot past the introduction of Robo-Robotnik. I'm like on Issue 31. I don't know which plot-hole this is though. I think I may have missed something if there was one. 

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'm actually in the middle of reading some of the earlier stuff and I've shot past the introduction of Robo-Robotnik. I'm like on Issue 31. I don't know which plot-hole this is though. I think I may have missed something if there was one. 

In Issue 22, it was made extremely clear by Ken that the Robo-Robotnik in that issue was different from the one in Issue 19.  In Issue 75, when Robo-Robotnik returned, he stated he was the same one from both issues, which created a plothole.  This Robo-Robotnik then became Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

In Issue 22, it was made extremely clear by Ken that the Robo-Robotnik in that issue was different from the one in Issue 19.  In Issue 75, when Robo-Robotnik returned, he stated he was the same one from both issues, which created a plothole.  This Robo-Robotnik then became Eggman.

Alright. I knew Robo-Robotnik eventually becomes Eggman but I forgot that detail about him saying he was a different Robo-Robotnik...

... Is... Is there a reason he had him be a different Robo-Robotnik? 

Why make two Robo-Robotniks? 

• Chuckle 1

32 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Boy. All those times he talks about stuff being 'water under the bridge' and trying to appear like he doesn't resent Flynn, and then something like THIS comes up and that thin, thin veneer of civility is just torn off in an instant. And over something so goddamned minor. Like, seriously, why does he even CARE enough to comment on this?? It's a minor continuity screw-up that FLynn fixed, and yet Penders STILL can't stop himself from acting like a vindictive prick about it. Sheesh. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

He could kill off sonic as big middle finger to sega

35 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

"HOW DARE ANYONE VIOLATE MY CHARACTERS LIKE THIS" Ken screams while violently drawing a goatee on Knuckles.

Ken let it go

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Alright. I knew Robo-Robotnik eventually becomes Eggman but I forgot that detail about him saying he was a different Robo-Robotnik...

I know the reason 

the kool aid man is red

idk

Ok

It'd be a nightmare trying to tell which characters were supposed to be robo-zombies and which ones weren't. They all look like they hunger for sentient flesh.

I'm sure Ken will edit the Wiki to say that Starline totally did it with Amy or something. Then when Amy's age gets pointed out he'll say "Well, in hedgehog years..."

Ken is just attention whore for all we know

46 minutes ago, horridus said:

Boy. All those times he talks about stuff being 'water under the bridge' and trying to appear like he doesn't resent Flynn, and then something like THIS comes up and that thin, thin veneer of civility is just torn off in an instant. And over something so goddamned minor. Like, seriously, why does he even CARE enough to comment on this?? It's a minor continuity screw-up that FLynn fixed, and yet Penders STILL can't stop himself from acting like a vindictive prick about it. Sheesh. 

Ken just needs to stop 

insert filthy frank quote here

Dammit Ken just stop

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And try claim credit for eggman

Ken needs to stop sooner or later it will end badly for him or his health

He will kill sonic maybe

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Being honest about his role in this would undoubtedly lead him to needing to admit he made a mistake. I'm afraid not commenting on this is not an option.

His dignity would be shattered if people found out he forgot that he pointlessly wrote in two Robo-Robotniks.

Now if you'll excuse him, he's got a wiki to edit so that it can say his fan-character porked Sally Acorn. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Actually, this whole thing reminds me of the three (?) robotic Sonics from Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and S&K.

• Fist Bump 2

6 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Eh, I doubt it. 

5 hours ago, Alpineredoubt said:

He was the one with the black eye thing right?

The albino mummy. 

3 hours ago, SatAMhog said:

Considering Starline already looks inherently iffy at times, it'd probably even out.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He was talking about the design. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

It's been a good blog while, but didn't the first one get torn apart by an army of Sonics? 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Because 1) the two Robo-Robotnik’s histories contradict eachother in a number of ways, and 2) Ian probably wanted to spare Eggman the indignity of having a backstory that basically boiled down to “Eggman originated from a dumb Terminator parody zone”.

• Fist Bump 2

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Being honest about his role in this would undoubtedly lead him to needing to admit he made a mistake. I'm afraid not commenting on this is not an option.

His dignity would be shattered if people found out he forgot that he pointlessly wrote in two Robo-Robotniks.

Now if you'll excuse him, he's got a wiki to edit so that it can say his fan-character porked Sally Acorn. 

Yeah ken needs to admit he was in the wrong

3 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Because 1) the two Robo-Robotnik’s histories contradict eachother in a number of ways, and 2) Ian probably wanted to spare Eggman the indignity of having a backstory that basically boiled down to “Eggman originated from a dumb Terminator parody zone”.

Thanks to Ian it was so much insight and add that in to the list things that Ken ripped off

11 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Actually, this whole thing reminds me of the three (?) robotic Sonics from Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and S&K.

Ok good to know

10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Eh, I doubt it. 

The albino mummy. 

Considering Starline already looks inherently iffy at times, it'd probably even out.

He was talking about the design. 

It's been a good blog while, but didn't the first one get torn apart by an army of Sonics? 

Thanks for that albino mummy encidnia

19 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Baron, mah good old chap, don't you mean FOUR robotic Sonics?

Remember that there is more than one Sonic 2.

Anyway, I laugh at how Kenny boy resents Ian Flynn, which is funny since the way each of them handled Knuckles tells a lot about their respective abilities: Penders cloned Knuckles god knows how many times and tried to add "depth" to the character in a very pretentious way by brute-forcing the echidna civilization and the countless Knuckles clones into becoming the "be-all-end-all" of the comic. Ian on the other hand, just needed a couple pages to humanize Knuckles in that little chat he had with Amy in one of the last issues of Sonic Universe in such a way that not even the games ever achieved. (Only other person I'd trust Knuckles with is Tyson Hesse)

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 4
  • Chuckle 1