Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

On 5/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, DabigRG said:

...What?

Speaking of which, when did Black Panther as a comic come out?

The late 1960’s

On 5/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, Kellodrawsalot said:

someone tweeted at him that there are better more beloved arcs in the books and they mention stuff by Bollers and the Post-Reboot arcs. Penders said that all those arcs were build up from Endgame...like how does he know that when he flat out addmited he never read any of the other works?

He needs to read other stuff than his other works

On 5/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, DabigRG said:

Oh that's right, the Downunda Freedom Fighters were Gallagher's. What did Mr. Bollers do though?

Mammoth mogul I think I could be wrong 

On 5/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, RobotnikHolmes said:

Lol, I guess the dude forgot that there was more than one writer for the Endgame saga. 👀 Both Gallagher and Bollers had a hand in the build-up issues and the proper #50. Then again, Penders isn't above diminishing the importance of other writers on the book...

Ken needs to stop

On 5/15/2019 at 3:57 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

At this rate, I'm surprised he isn't claiming the Russos read Endgame, and loved his storytelling so much that they used Endgame as the title of the final Avengers movie as an unofficial tribute. 

Or y'know, claiming Avengers Endgame ripped him off. Both are equally ridiculous yet equally in-line with PendersLogic. 

Insert lawsuit joke here

On 5/15/2019 at 3:53 PM, horridus said:

Nah, it's just some texturing of the fur that looks a bit like it, nothing more. 

Penders? Tooting his own horn? Shock and horror. This is so very out of character for a man normally defined by his humility and ability to give due credit to his peers on the book. Whatever is the world coming to?

In seriousness, don't pay it any mind. If he really thinks his ripoff of The Fugitive is THE best storyline in the history of the comic, then it's just another sign of his inability/refusal to move past the 90s. 

Ken is narcissist plain and simple

On 5/15/2019 at 3:47 PM, DabigRG said:

Oh, I know there's a lot of stories. I was just questioning the specific term storyline, which implies cohesive serialization.

How many stories 

On 5/15/2019 at 3:40 PM, KingScoopaKoopa said:

He's been going for nearly 30 years now, so there have been a lot of stories.

Endgame might have been the best one to date, and even then, that would require me checking the calendar.

And that's not even getting into other media...

Ok

On 5/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm pretty sure it's nothing, it just looks like he drew the shading of the hairline particularly badly. To me, it looks like the overly shaded end of a stand of hair. If you look closely, you can see a strand of hair poking out of the piece of hair that resembles a scar/N. 

Sonic's had more than enough to warrant such a claim. The problem is that Ken Penders is an egotistical man who doesn't read others' stories, and thinks his work is the best work. It'd be one thing if he said Endgame is the best of what he did for Sonic, but best overall? Yeah fucking right.

Ian's worst work is still about 50 times better than Endgame. Hell, at least the likes of Iron Dominion still had an interesting story, and had the characters actually in-character. Endgame had everyone get hit with the idioticy ball as they believed Sonic is capable of murder, capable of murdering someone he loved, and the only reason anyone stops believing that is because dragons now suddenly have magical truth detection abilities (never brought up before). This is coming from the man who also believes he should own Knuckles because "his stories brought value to the character". 

As for what are actually the best storylines IMO, I'd like to point you towards Eggman Empire (174-177), Scrambled (SU 37-41), Champions (268-271), Control (264-267). Lead-up and aftermath of Genesis (219-224 and 230-235 retrospectively ) are also excellent, not sure if I'd qualify them as best though.

Are those storylines good

On 5/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, DabigRG said:

Has Sonic really had that many storylines to warrant such a claim?

No

On 5/15/2019 at 3:18 PM, Kellodrawsalot said:

Ken Penders apparently said in a tweet response that he wrote the greatest storyline in Sonic's history. (Endgame)

I just can not with this man

Well report the bastard and his some of his toxic followers to twitter to remove them any of their tweets are a clear and present danger to the sonic community 

On 5/15/2019 at 3:16 PM, DabigRG said:

Well, I suppose better that than what I was thinking.

Yes 

On 5/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

...why am I getting the feeling that he's trying to reference Harry Potter.

Well he jk Rowling say both sexually deviant things

On 5/15/2019 at 1:38 PM, DabigRG said:

Criminy, those eyes!

Still, good on him for involving a member of the Felidae. Though it does make me wonder about where this character falls morality-wise.

Also, is that an N on his forehead?

Do you think Ken is sexual repressed like jk Rowling or something?

On 5/15/2019 at 3:42 AM, Ernest the Panda said:

Ken really needs to stop giving his characters four fingers. There’s a reason they were invented for use on cartoony characters.

He should draw 5 fingers like Normal people

On 5/14/2019 at 11:58 PM, horridus said:

Aaand we have a tiny LSC update. Oh, nothing as substantial as a new page, but that "Dr. Zephyr" has been sketched out.

Though I wish to God he hadn't been. God, I mistook the collar of his outfit as being his neck folds...!

You know, as a side note, but I cannot help but feel that this guy exists purely because Dr. Starline is enjoying a great deal of popularity thanks to IDW. 

Why does it look like he stole something from somewhere else?

On 5/13/2019 at 11:29 PM, StellarBlur said:

I can't believe this Penders asshole. Those tweets are out of this world and a blemish on the series.

Ken and some of his toxic should be removed from twitter on the grounds of making threats and harassing others 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, DabigRG said:

Yes Mr. Penders, that's what fanfics are for.

Well at least he is not suing them 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, MightyRay said:

Just thought I'd pop in and show my two cents on this take. He has responded to me but it's not great.

Jesus Christ Ken

On 5/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, CleverSonicUsername said:

As a writer, i always ask myself "who do character fuck?" Ask any writer and they'll tell you, they always do several drafts exploring their character's sex having from all angles. Does this character work better as a gay, an asexual, is he a player??? I have hundreds of documents in my filing cabinet, each one exploring that great question. Anyway, I just moved in across the street and by law I have to inform you that I am a registered sex offender.

Edit: Oh my god that one about how asexual characters are "less interesting." It really tells you what kind of writer Ken is that the only layer of depth worth caring about with a character is whether they're sexually attracted to someone and who specifically they're attracted to.

Ken might be one as sex offender as well lol sarcasm 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:23 PM, antyep said:

Amy seems like Tinkerbell to me

And tails is John 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, BaronGrackle said:

Oh. So he's like Peter Pan. That's cool.

. . .

I think I understand Sonic and Amy so much more, thinking in terms of Peter and Wendy.

Tails so much more, in terms of a Lost Boy following Pan.

Robotnik and Hook, with his fatalistic obsession and alter-ego father figure connection (Kintobar, Mr. Darling).

And Knuckles... well, I think that course was played out by the time Knuckles came. (shrug)

Ken is more moronic version of Peter griffin 

On 5/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, DabigRG said:

I think it sorta helps that Sonic himself is already rather cocky, rebellious, and adventurous.

Oh wow, that last sentence really is a pothole.

Ch'yeah. :lol:

Dammit Ken 

On 5/12/2019 at 7:34 PM, horridus said:

A lot can happen in one hour, let alone thirty-six. Yeah, it's been... well, nauseating, frankly. 

A lot of s hit the fan

On 5/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Mr Silvia said:

I go off the internet for 36 hours and this happens? 

It hit the fan

ken is just losing people can we just please remove Ken and some of toxic fans off Twitter on the grounds of bullying and harassment please just doing something Ken needs to stop 

MOD EDIT: Don't give away people's names and locations. Jesus Fucking Christ.

Edited by Zaysho

It's distorted. Some features look like they're facing the readers, others don't.

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

It's distorted. Some features look like they're facing the readers, others don't.

Always use the horizontal flip

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I gotta ask- if this guy is from Cat Country, shouldn't he look more animalistic than the other characters we've seen, even accounting for the style change? Also yikes, what is up with his eyes? Like, among all the other things wrong with his face, it looks like Ken just kinda gave up with the eyes there. 

At least the collar of his outfit no longer looks like a physical part of his neck. That's a plus, I suppose... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Just looking at the SatAM Season 3 crowd funding thing on the main page here. How long do you think it will take before Penders sticks his 2 cents in? 

7 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Just looking at the SatAM Season 3 crowd funding thing on the main page here. How long do you think it will take before Penders sticks his 2 cents in? 

Given that it's a fan project, I sincerely doubt he'd have anything to say. His main concern is bitching about SEGA/IDW rather than anything fan-made. 

• Nice Smile 1

11 hours ago, SBR2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1131417726520397824

What else can I say except AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously this cat man will haunt me forever. 

I... kind of feel bad for how much entertainment this topic gives me, considering I never knew Penders or read the comics.

For example, someone on that twitter link asks Ken when the app is going to be released. And we can read that and laugh. Because, even though that's generally a legitimate question to ask an author, we know that in this context it's probably a case of trolling. Because the question has no answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Because the question has no answer.

Its usually about 3-4 months after the date of the question like last time it was asked in september or october last year it got a december date.

17 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Sleeperwalkerz, starring Samuel L Catson.

11 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Is Cat Country really that mysterious anymore?

Considering they lacked technology and were untouched by Dr. Droid for years, I'd think perhaps.

• Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, horridus said:

Given that it's a fan project, I sincerely doubt he'd have anything to say. His main concern is bitching about SEGA/IDW rather than anything fan-made. 

Let alone his own project, really.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 hours ago, antyep said:

Let alone his own project, really.

Well it will be on his radar soon enough if the first episode airs 

On 5/23/2019 at 7:24 AM, Adamis said:

Didn't it blow up with Mobius in his comic ?

He is infringing on rights again 

On 5/23/2019 at 12:43 AM, SBR2 said:

It is Nightmare fuel 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, HywelAtTheMoon said:

It will be on his radar and he will target it soon enough or something 

17 minutes ago, Alpineredoubt said:

He is infringing on rights again 

How so?

I thought Sega didn't care for the term

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

How so?

I thought Sega didn't care for the term

It's still part of Sonic via the various spinoff media, and even got utilized for the Japanese translation of Sonic Spinball, to say nothing of it stemming from the US/European localizations of the Sonic games. While SEGA of Japan has never cared for the term and indeed it was phased out of wider franchise with the advent of Sonic Adventure (combined with Sonic Team's own indecisiveness about the nature of the setting leading to the eventual 'two worlds' nonsense), that doesn't change the fact that it was part of the Sonic franchise and a part of the Sonic the Hedgehog trademark and copyright. Given that Penders has been INCREDIBLY vocal about his own precious 'intellectual property', it's deeply hypocritical that he would earnestly use the term 'Mobius', to say nothing of the sleaziness of trying to maintain the connection to his old work through it and advertise his current project as a continuation of works on a franchise he doesn't own. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 1

Putting aside that it's been phased out, I'm sure SEGA cares a lot about some nutjob using Mobius in his book that's coming out approximately never.

• Nice Smile 1

Yeah. At this point it's really more an issue of Penders being a hypocrite, given that he hasn't actually released this project and most likely won't. Even then, the odds of him actually making any real money off of this are slim to nonexistent- he's actively relying on the fact that he's way too small potatoes to be noticed by SEGA even as he tries to trade in on his connection to their franchise. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • My Emmerdoods 1

2 hours ago, horridus said:

Yeah. At this point it's really more an issue of Penders being a hypocrite, given that he hasn't actually released this project and most likely won't. Even then, the odds of him actually making any real money off of this are slim to nonexistent- he's actively relying on the fact that he's way too small potatoes to be noticed by SEGA even as he tries to trade in on his connection to their franchise. 

He is holier than thou as scourge would put it

plus the satam season 3 project will be on his radar soon enough and he will bitch about it as well and threaten legal action or something and lie about it 

2 hours ago, horridus said:

It's still part of Sonic via the various spinoff media, and even got utilized for the Japanese translation of Sonic Spinball, to say nothing of it stemming from the US/European localizations of the Sonic games. While SEGA of Japan has never cared for the term and indeed it was phased out of wider franchise with the advent of Sonic Adventure (combined with Sonic Team's own indecisiveness about the nature of the setting leading to the eventual 'two worlds' nonsense), that doesn't change the fact that it was part of the Sonic franchise and a part of the Sonic the Hedgehog trademark and copyright. Given that Penders has been INCREDIBLY vocal about his own precious 'intellectual property', it's deeply hypocritical that he would earnestly use the term 'Mobius', to say nothing of the sleaziness of trying to maintain the connection to his old work through it and advertise his current project as a continuation of works on a franchise he doesn't own. 

So that is yes on infringement?

"Mobius" isn't a unique term. The context he's using it is obviously due to lifting it from Sonic, in particular because Archie dropped it (which he himself stated on his dead site). I really don't think it's something Sega would give a shit about. It's just more evidence of Penders being a hack who can't let go.

I'd be hardpressed to call it infringement other than it being obvious why he's using the term and where it came from.

What I think Sega will likely descend on him for, and this depends on him releasing a product, are the Echidnas looking like Sega characters and the fact that one of them is literally Knuckles while still calling it an original work.

3 hours ago, Alpineredoubt said:

plus the satam season 3 project will be on his radar soon enough and he will bitch about it as well and threaten legal action or something and lie about it 

Now we're just making shit up here.

• Thumbs Up 7

8 hours ago, horridus said:

In short: He's a parasite.

I'm not even name calling, I'm pretty sure he either fits or closely approximates the textbook definition of a parasite.

A "Pendersite," if you will.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

10 hours ago, Alpineredoubt said:

He is holier than thou as scourge would put it

So that is yes on infringement?

Even though it's directly based on and continuing SatAM rather than the comics.

OK.

• Thumbs Up 2