Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

2 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I always thought Geoffrey was meant to British, considering how he seems to of been inspired by James Bond. Unless he is channeling George Lazenby.

He varies between British and Australian. Here he's just an American dude dryly reading his lines.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

He varies between British and Australian. Here he's just an American dude dryly reading his lines.

Well an American has played Bond. All we need is for him to switch to Irish and that would be the Bond actor spectrum complete.

7 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look, I don't like the man very much or most of his opinions.

But even I admit...

This one doesn't look too bad.

He gave him a mouth, so it's invalid.

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Geoffrey doesn't even sound Australian. 

Clearly SEGA copyrighted Australian/British accents.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:36 PM, horridus said:

Boy. If there was ever any doubt (all but impossible at this point) about what Penders REALLY wanted to be working on, this kinda obliterates it. 

I mean really, the man constantly whines about the crap that gets slung his way over how closely he's tried to maintain the Knuckles connection, insists on the originality of his work, and then... boom. Art that demands people pay attention to the Knuckles connection. 

I don't get why, whenever he draws Knuckles, it feels like he's trying to emphasize a bunch of gross bumps and tumors in his bone structure across his body.

• Thumbs Up 3

The more I see of this, the more I just get these gross jitters about it. I mean, what in the world is this man thinking and why would anybody buy this? It just has no soul or feeling and the art looks rubbery and just plain bad. He's tried to push the boundaries of Sonic themed characters into mush and it's still recognizable that, that's where they came from. The sad part is that he's still sketching Knuckles into his little art table things at Comic-Con and it makes me sad to see him there bunched in with these stretched out creepy Halloween faces that just don't belong. He needs to just move on, but he can't. He reminds me of a man-child that refuses to grow up. 

Also, I don't understand why he's so focused on computer coloring when he has no talent for it. He's using stock images of people and backgrounds that break the flow and the cover images are just too cluttered. If this was released, and I knew nothing about it, I wouldn't be interested in it for that fact alone. You want your cover art to attract your audience because it's the first thing they see. He's just trying to cram so much in one place and be like, "Look at all my art ..." It doesn't work like that. Not at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Its like he's still in that mindset that he is a part of a big franchise and that whatever he makes it will get nothing but praise...regardless of the fact that he is no longer working on the Archie Sonic comics, and even if his stuff was once considered good, they've aged like fricking stale milk.

His head is kind of just stuck up his own arse at this point. Nothing's gonna make him change his mind on trying to hype up this +5 year-old trainwreck.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

15 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Its like he's still in that mindset that he is a part of a big franchise and that whatever he makes it will get nothing but praise...regardless of the fact that he is no longer working on the Archie Sonic comics, and even if his stuff was once considered good, they've aged like fricking stale milk.

His head is kind of just stuck up his own arse at this point. Nothing's gonna make him change his mind on trying to hype up this +5 year-old trainwreck.

He also blocks anyone who says otherwise... What an adult 😑🙄😒 

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I feel bad for Ken tbh. He is just so convinced that The Lara Su Chronicles is going to be a success. But at the same time he's been wishing failure on everything Sonic and Archie.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 1

5 hours ago, Mr.J said:

But at the same time he's been wishing failure on everything Sonic and Archie.

Remember that time he said he had heard with out sally and the freedom fighters some comic shops wouldn't pick up the book.

Remember when the book that exists now keeps selling out and sells multiple times more than the old one with out any of those characters.

I also feel bad for him. It must suck to just see that book's success as a representation of you just being wrong... about everything he thinks about sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Remember that time he said he had heard with out sally and the freedom fighters some comic shops wouldn't pick up the book.

Remember when the book that exists now keeps selling out and sells multiple times more than the old one with out any of those characters.

I also feel bad for him. It must suck to just see that book's success as a representation of you just being wrong... about everything he thinks about sonic.

Ah delusion, thy name is Penders... 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:51 AM, Ernest the Panda said:

Another app preview

I legit thought that was supposed to be the voice of a feminine computer due to the dry delivery. Holy hell.

Also, why are they on the Enterprise? I'm more than certain that allowing Ken Penders to utilize it for his shitty fan fic goes against the Prime Directive.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Also, why are they on the Enterprise? I'm more than certain that allowing Ken Penders to utilize it for his shitty fan fic goes against the Prime Directive.

Same reason why in the Sally mini-series, he blatantly copies the beginning of Goldfinger in issue #1 while also introducing the (probably) Bond inspired St John.

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

12 hours ago, Mr.J said:

I feel bad for Ken tbh. He is just so convinced that The Lara Su Chronicles is going to be a success. But at the same time he's been wishing failure on everything Sonic and Archie.

I might have, once, but on that last point, as time has worn on and he's showed his true colors more and more?

Well, this panel from the new series says it well:

26A2D68B-3F88-449E-AB57-69469104C65E.thumb.jpeg.7c61e25309eb8f89c9972748a2fc5bd8.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I might have, once, but on that last point, as time has worn on and he's showed his true colors more and more?

26A2D68B-3F88-449E-AB57-69469104C65E.thumb.jpeg.7c61e25309eb8f89c9972748a2fc5bd8.jpeg

I'm pretty much with you, just in a cosmic sense I'm watching a man destroy himself over sonic of all things and that's a bit weird and sad.

My sympathy has run out, his situation is bbn just kinda pathetic to look at.

9 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

It's hard to have sympathy for someone who has proven time and again that he can't handle the truth and was just a petty jerk. 

Basically he said if he couldn't make money off the characters nobody could. It's just awful what they turned into. Sad. I feel bad for the characters not Penders. 

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

He finished that drawing

Knux looks angry at the artist for even trying to draw him...seriously, it's not bad but given the quality of the VA on that app, the voice work must've been voluntary because the only vibe I get is an old 1970s Star Trek episode with those beeps and boops he's using.  Ah, Ken...still using those stock backgrounds and sound effects.  I wonder when he started doing that or what brought that on....it had to have been early in his life as it seems he's always done that for his backgrounds in the comics.

4 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

He finished that drawing

Oh no. It looks like shit. Who could have foreseen this?

Knuckles looks like he's struggling really hard to do the Meatwad dance.

• Chuckle 3

3 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

He finished that drawing

Lara-Su reminds me of those Kangaroos from Tank Girl.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Oh no. It looks like shit. Who could have foreseen this?

Knuckles looks like he's struggling really hard to do the Meatwad dance.

No, now I can't unsee that! 

• Nice Smile 1

11 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

He finished that drawing

This is a complete admission piece. The front is Sonic rendition and the back is his "redesign" 

Ungh... 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ernest the Panda said:

He finished that drawing

At least it does have a certain charm to it. 

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Guergy said:

At least it does have a certain charm to it. 

* Dontsayit, dontsayit, dontsayit, dontsayit... *

Gotta love how Archie Lara-Su looks the most on-model whereas the Chronicles version looks the most off

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ernest the Panda said:

He finished that drawing

They all look like fucking Wilfred.

1ADA719E-938D-4EEA-AA81-6CBFEAB9DEA2.jpeg.85a31bfb11062def2a96b8f6ba983419.jpeg

• Chuckle 6

I don't know if I'm going to have an aneurysm or everyone in the pic is. 

• Chuckle 3