Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

10 hours ago, Badnik Zero said:

They all look like fucking Wilfred.

1ADA719E-938D-4EEA-AA81-6CBFEAB9DEA2.jpeg.85a31bfb11062def2a96b8f6ba983419.jpeg

Oh my God! There's a face I thought I'd never see again. That show... 

I can see it, however. That's just plain wrong.

And here is the excuse he will be using as to why the app is yet again delayed.
"Raves and gasps of amazement"...I will be honest, that is the best fiction writing he has ever done...

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 1

Ah, so he's following the Duke Nukem Forever approach to development.

Kind of obvious in hindsight. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, chaosjam said:

"Raves and gasps of amazement"...I will be honest, that is the best fiction writing he has ever done...

I would make a comment about how hilarious it is that he can't even bother to keep his lies believable, but if you're going to lie to people who already know you're prone to it, you may as well pretend that things went the way you wanted rather than the way they actually did. 

• Thumbs Up 3

54 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Is it still coming soon in 2012?

Just like the last seven years or so. It's RIGHT around the corner! 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, chaosjam said:

This is like the delusions of a raving madman. I also hate that this isn't the worst thing he's tweeted. (I'm just going to pretend everything he said about poor Sally is wrong and never happened.)

9 hours ago, chaosjam said:

Penders, my grandparents gasp in amazement of me knowing the basics of using a computer. I don’t even know what RAM does.

His lies are very, very difficult to believe when his idea has already been done, far better than his.

1 hour ago, prettyinplague said:

This is like the delusions of a raving madman. I also hate that this isn't the worst thing he's tweeted. (I'm just going to pretend everything he said about poor Sally is wrong and never happened.)

Rest easy in the fact that it’s all non-canon. Doesn’t make reading the old Archie Sonic issues any less creepy...

• Nice Smile 1

10 hours ago, chaosjam said:

I think at any given time he hears the Hallelujah chorus in his mind and infinite praise of his work, no matter how awful. It's the only logical explanation to why he seems to believe his work is good and people think it's good. When, the reality couldn't be further from the truth. This train wreck, when it finally crashes into the station upside down with multiple explosions, might just be the wakeup call he needs to see how his work is not as idolized as he thinks ... Or, he'll just keep his view of "my work is the only best work" goggles on and sift through the bad to only see good. 

In all honesty, though, I doubt this will ever see public release since it's been years and no finished product yet.

So, Penders has posted a panel from the prequel comic, this one featuring the newly revealed Dr. Zephur. Coulda swore it was "Zephyr"... in any event-

EA3GQdGUwAETmC2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So, Zephur STILL looks grotesque, but the real story here? Is Penders not only continuing to use photographs in place of drawing stuff, but actually going so far to use photographs of HUMAN anatomy and physiology despite this being a surgical/medical examination of his supposedly alien Echyd'nya. Like, good grief man, it's bad enough when he uses this crap for backgrounds, but this is really taking it to another level given how much he's screamed about this being 'hard science fiction' and crap. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • My Emmerdoods 4

1 hour ago, horridus said:

So, Penders has posted a panel from the prequel comic, this one featuring the newly revealed Dr. Zephur. Coulda swore it was "Zephyr"... in any event-

So, Zephur STILL looks grotesque, but the real story here? Is Penders not only continuing to use photographs in place of drawing stuff, but actually going so far to use photographs of HUMAN anatomy and physiology despite this being a surgical/medical examination of his supposedly alien Echyd'nya. Like, good grief man, it's bad enough when he uses this crap for backgrounds, but this is really taking it to another level given how much he's screamed about this being 'hard science fiction' and crap. 

Probably cause that's how it's normally spelled.

Remind me: Is Zephur supposed to be some sort of feline? Also, is he vivisecting Finitevus?

3 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I believe he was stated to have ties with the Felidae/Cat Country, yes.

That's right, that's right. Thanks.

2 hours ago, horridus said:

On a minor note, what is it with Penders and his characters all sitting with the chair backside facing forwards?

• Thumbs Up 6

What the hell, I didn't want to know what those things look like on the inside. Especially not with an actual image of someone's insides?

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

On a minor note, what is it with Penders and his characters all sitting with the chair backside facing forwards?

Oh, is that what that is? I thought it was an apron.

Perhaps that's just how people use chairs on that planet.

23 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

If I were to guess, he thinks its cool because of William Riker from Star Trek. He had a habit of sitting dramatically which, since Ken ADORES Star Trek, he probably thought everyone should sit like that to look as cool as Riker.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 2

Ick, I'd hate to have my body associated with this thing.

And is it me, or does the guy laying on the table look less like an "Echyd'nya" (or whatever) and more like just one of his many Knuckles clones?

As for the chair thing, playing devil's advocate here, but maybe he's doing it because of their tails? (They do have tails still, right?) You know, like those 90's pics of Looney Tunes where they're wearing pants backwards so their tails can stick out of the zipper?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

If I were to guess, he thinks its cool because of William Riker from Star Trek. He had a habit of sitting dramatically which, since Ken ADORES Star Trek, he probably thought everyone should sit like that to look as cool as Riker.

I guess I'll take your word for it.

4 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

You know, like those 90's pics of Looney Tunes where they're wearing pants backwards so their tails can stick out of the zipper?

lolwut :joy: 

Guessing thats not an x-ray becase in my so far limited experience of having one every few years at the dentist they don't stay in the room with you while it is being done.

4 hours ago, horridus said:

Coulda swore it was "Zephyr"... in any event-

That would be because it was Zephyr. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Is this meant to be a completed panel or still work-in-progress? Because the difference in shading between Zephur and everything else is really distracting.

5 hours ago, horridus said:

I don't know why, but all of this makes me feel like I'm being personally attacked.