Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Probably cause that's how it's normally spelled.

Remind me: Is Zephur supposed to be some sort of feline? Also, is he vivisecting Finitevus?

Penders has stated he doesn't own Finitevus, so, he can't use the guy. I wouldn't doubt though that he included that particular bit as a dig against the characte, given that he pretty much took the place of Dimitri and the Legion as Knuckles own 'personal' nemesis. That said, given that this looks half-completed, it may be that he simply hasn't colored in whoever that is. Wouldn't be surprised though if that IS a lawyer friendly cameo of Finitevus, tho. 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That would be because it was Zephyr. 

Ha! Knew it. Ten bucks says he'll claim it's a deliberate change from here on out. 

57 minutes ago, Covskin said:

Is this meant to be a completed panel or still work-in-progress? Because the difference in shading between Zephur and everything else is really distracting.

From the looks of it? Yeah, I'd say so, given the flats on that dead (?) Echidna. 

6 minutes ago, horridus said:

Penders has stated he doesn't own Finitevus, so, he can't use the guy. I wouldn't doubt though that he included that particular bit as a dig against the characte, given that he pretty much took the place of Dimitri and the Legion as Knuckles own 'personal' nemesis. That said, given that this looks half-completed, it may be that he simply hasn't colored in whoever that is. Wouldn't be surprised though if that IS a lawyer friendly cameo of Finitevus, tho. 

That was a joke.

I’m honestly shocked that he hasn’t claimed ownership of Finitevus considering it would fit the same warped logic he uses for why he “technically” owns Archie Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

I dunno, that stuff inside the "patient" looks more pleasing to my eyes than some of the stuff I've seen before when it comes to this project. Though it would've been funnier to see some a bit more alien stuff in there, like, there're aliens that resemble humans way more on the outside yet have some different stuff still, like gee I dunno, two hearts? Kanske? It wouldn't be too farfetched to think maybe these guys could have something interesting going on inside them, though the patient seems to miss lot of stuff but then again the stock photos kind of leads me to assume things, but then again, assuming makes and so on... it is hard to be politically correct in this kind of case.

Though I suppose it'd be for the best if Penders would leave certain Brittish/Welsh series alone...

I dunno, actually, this picture in general would prolly be on the better side, but those background stock pics kinda make it feel a bit cheap to me.

But yeah, why don't they design chairs with holes in the backside of the chair in the first place... well, I suppose their design culture doesn't consider the aspect of usefulness or whatever then... Though I suppose that Star Trek reference is the most likely case in here, it fits into his track record after all.

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

But yeah, why don't they design chairs with holes in the backside of the chair in the first place... well, I suppose their design culture doesn't consider the aspect of usefulness or whatever then... 

Isn't that a real thing anyway? 

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting this vibe ... 
The art is just so bad ... My poor eyes.

Image result for Brain mouse image.png.6292f8144b9ce0ac0d66217a24487910.png

Also, what's with him and pulling things from Google images? I mean, there's literally a human surgery picture and x-rays. It doesn't mesh well and I'm sure he doesn't have permission to use images like that. Yeesh.

And I thought the Cats trailer looked horrific. This is way worse. Hopefully, it will stay in the 3rd Circle of the Uncanny Valley where it belongs. 

• Nice Smile 1

13 hours ago, horridus said:

So, Penders has posted a panel from the prequel comic, this one featuring the newly revealed Dr. Zephur. Coulda swore it was "Zephyr"... in any event-

EA3GQdGUwAETmC2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So, Zephur STILL looks grotesque, but the real story here? Is Penders not only continuing to use photographs in place of drawing stuff, but actually going so far to use photographs of HUMAN anatomy and physiology despite this being a surgical/medical examination of his supposedly alien Echyd'nya. Like, good grief man, it's bad enough when he uses this crap for backgrounds, but this is really taking it to another level given how much he's screamed about this being 'hard science fiction' and crap. 

At this point I'm just not surprised anymore. Like yeah the art is gross and Echyd'na's having human insides is laughable but it just...doesn't surprise me anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

You don't need to be an artist to know that the art is terrible. Those faces do not work for that body and the bodies themselves are really deformed. 

Yeah, at this point I moved on from the artwork. I want to know what make the LSC such a deep, layered story.

Hey guys, poking out of my months-long lurking to post something minor and non-important, but I thought it was kind of interesting.

I was reading through someone's sort of review through the Penders Era issues and sort of delving a bit into the convoluted and poorly written lore Penders had made, and there was some images of the comic's data files that went into the backgrounds and info of the characters. I noticed that Penders used nearly the same exact format for his data files on the Lara-Su Chronicles characters.

Sega Data Files:

Spoiler

tumblr_puqgjsgb921u4is2oo1_640.png

And then the Penders data file:

Spoiler

CDzdEQDUkAAEMTy.jpg

I don't think it's a big deal or anything like that, but just sort of interesting.  I think it's kind of amusing that he used a format so close to the one in the comic. He couldn't...change it up a bit or think of something else? It had to be this similar? To me, it shows how many strings Penders still has attached to the Archie comics despite his insistence that they're completely different and he's moved on. But like I said, just something super minor that I thought might be interesting to share.

I don't know if anyone's brought this up so if it's already been noticed, my apologies.

7 minutes ago, TideKai said:

Hey guys, poking out of my months-long lurking to post something minor and non-important, but I thought it was kind of interesting.

I was reading through someone's sort of review through the Penders Era issues and sort of delving a bit into the convoluted and poorly written lore Penders had made, and there was some images of the comic's data files that went into the backgrounds and info of the characters. I noticed that Penders used nearly the same exact format for his data files on the Lara-Su Chronicles characters.

Sega Data Files:

Hide contents

tumblr_puqgjsgb921u4is2oo1_640.png

And then the Penders data file:

Hide contents

CDzdEQDUkAAEMTy.jpg

I don't think it's a big deal or anything like that, but just sort of interesting.  I think it's kind of amusing that he used a format so close to the one in the comic. He couldn't...change it up a bit or think of something else? It had to be this similar? To me, it shows how many strings Penders still has attached to the Archie comics despite his insistence that they're completely different and he's moved on. But like I said, just something super minor that I thought might be interesting to share.

I don't know if anyone's brought this up so if it's already been noticed, my apologies.

Eh, it could just be how he prefers that stuff to look.

But yeah, it's probably because there is technically an inherent connection lingering despite the branching. Partially because he made it such a major aspect in the first place.

7 hours ago, Mr.J said:

Yeah, at this point I moved on from the artwork. I want to know what make the LSC such a deep, layered story.

99% sure it's mostly a bunch of mysteries and cliffhangers and poorly handled romance. Y'know the usual. 

When listing people’s known family members in a profile, most people just put the most immediate family members (parents, siblings, grandparents, etc), not a family tree without the tree.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Seems like your standard comic book universe sourcebook profiles to me, aside from the aforementioned flourishes unique to Penders himself (I.e. family trees).

A565AE87-5A45-4D69-B5EF-CB4008ABB1D8.thumb.jpeg.19243afef26560ae9095929d48511d20.jpeg0C9890DC-5048-4358-990E-20411BA78372.thumb.jpeg.30035cbaf74eed40de501cdc7123adcc.jpeg036169FB-3C1F-4ACB-BB49-D981519D6F00.thumb.jpeg.2e045fca260cb098925dc0c495164f37.jpeg

42 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Seems like your standard comic book universe sourcebook profiles to me, aside from the aforementioned flourishes unique to Penders himself (I.e. family trees).

Hide contents

A565AE87-5A45-4D69-B5EF-CB4008ABB1D8.thumb.jpeg.19243afef26560ae9095929d48511d20.jpeg0C9890DC-5048-4358-990E-20411BA78372.thumb.jpeg.30035cbaf74eed40de501cdc7123adcc.jpeg036169FB-3C1F-4ACB-BB49-D981519D6F00.thumb.jpeg.2e045fca260cb098925dc0c495164f37.jpeg

Did Ken Penders do one of those too?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Did Ken Penders do one of those too?

Not that I'm aware of, but can't confirm or deny. I just took the first usable results from a few Google Image Searches.

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Eh, it could just be how he prefers that stuff to look.

But yeah, it's probably because there is technically an inherent connection lingering despite the branching. Partially because he made it such a major aspect in the first place.

3 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, okay, it was probably just me then. I wasn't purposefully trying to nitpick or just find another small inconsequential thing to rag Penders about, so I hope I didn't come off that way. Was just reading these data files and noticed he still used a similar format. Sorry for derailing the conversation about something so minuscule, haha.

(On a tangent, the backstory Penders gave Amy was interesting. Not terrible to me or anything like that, but interesting. Sorry, that's pretty much my cop-out word when describing something, haha.)

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, TideKai said:

Penders has repeatedly stated how he envisions his current project as a 'continuation' of his work on the comic (or... SOMETHING), and him replicating the format he used for those stupid datafiles (right down to using 'Stone' and 'Mark' as units for weight and height) is pretty par the course. As you have observed, it's just another way that he continues to cling as much as he can to the old book despite his various claims to the contrary. 

6 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Reveal hidden contents

The difference is that these actually give you some insight into the characters and who they are rather than just listing off events that happened to them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

The difference is that these actually give you some insight into the characters and who they are rather than just listing off events that happened to them.

Well, yeah, but by that same token, we have good comic book stories and we have comic book stories Penders wrote, but they're all comic books.

...much as the latter scratches and claws to escape that fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, horridus said:

Penders has repeatedly stated how he envisions his current project as a 'continuation' of his work on the comic (or... SOMETHING), and him replicating the format he used for those stupid datafiles (right down to using 'Stone' and 'Mark' as units for weight and height) is pretty par the course. As you have observed, it's just another way that he continues to cling as much as he can to the old book despite his various claims to the contrary. 

Are "stones" and "marks" real or fictional measurements?

47 minutes ago, TrueBlueHero said:

Are "stones" and "marks" real or fictional measurements?

Stones are real they're 14lbs making Lara a little over 95lbs.

Marks can refer to ' feet and '' inches

If 76 marks is 76 inches or 6' 4'' Lara is dangerously underweight.