Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

It seems with every new question about plot with this LSC comes another pile of dirt tossed over as he keeps digging that hole deeper. What boggles me is the whole inconsistency of it all. There is going to be nothing but plotholes because of his petty actions and the fact that he can't put Sonic characters into this arc which is clearly based on characters of Sonic universe is just ... (Sigh). I mean, how can you have these aliens that are clearly all Knuckles clones, and everyone knows they are, not be part of your prior source material? No amount of, "Well, they're off screen," is going to fix this mess. That's just going to cause a whole bunch of blank pages with nothing but background... But Penders has always been delusional. 

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

967AEF9B-0533-4E1B-93DA-7AA9E93F768A.jpeg.b3ea4897b8355c0050353cb97fbdb81e.jpeg

Like... I guess?

But is that really something to advertise over Twitter unless you're trying to attract "certain" demographics?

Does this even count as world building? Were we to assume they didn't have anything there just because they weren't rendered?

I regret everything after clicking on this topic today.

• Absolutely 1

I mean there's nothing wrong with your art being detailed I guess but he seems to put that above whether or not it looks visually pleasing.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, after the hubbub that that one pic of Lien-Da being tickled caused, you'd think he'd just reaaaallly avoid anything that mentions feet in any context short of an IRL foot injury. 

And yet here we are. 

In seriousness though, it's just a weird thing to make a big deal out of. 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I'm never certain how this guy still manages to keep people paying attention to him. Nor do I get what liveliehood he's making with all this talk of a book that's going nowhere.

7 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I'm never certain how this guy still manages to keep people paying attention to him. Nor do I get what liveliehood he's making with all this talk of a book that's going nowhere.

By being so much of a disaster it's hard to look away. But even that seems to be losing its luster by now, at least for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Working on the important details.

What do you even say to that? :lol:

Better yet, why did that need to be said?

Ah yes, the enticing rich history and lore of the Echyd'nya race continues. Really makes you think.

You know, he's right. Why don't more series think about stuff like this? 

Why didn't Dr. Light install toenails on Mega Man? Sort it out, doctor. 

• Chuckle 4

14 hours ago, horridus said:

You know, after the hubbub that that one pic of Lien-Da being tickled caused, you'd think he'd just reaaaallly avoid anything that mentions feet in any context short of an IRL foot injury. 

And yet here we are. 

I'm going to be honest I don't think he knows that Foot Fetish is an actual thing. I mean I know the guy who commissioned the Lien-Da pic and I can tell you for certain there was no political commentary involved.

I think a while back, before I deleted most of my tweets to Penders, I suggested doing a webcomic.

He laughed and said he could do one in his sleep.

Thinking of unimportant details like toenails. Thinking of characters stories that you can't put in your story because of copyright... Yeah he's procrastinating badly (duh). I know because I do too, it's a bad pattern I get into. I remember back then he said it was going to be free, though I could be wrong. Pender's is aiming for too high of a scope with this app. At least with a web comic he could put up a page when it was done. Have patreon supporters. Then sell merch.

Fan could dub it too if they like it. Maybe if the webcomic's finish go for the app.

Could've read Homestuck again in the span it's taken him.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think he said it's be free. What he said he intended to do was collect all of the M25YL material and release it free on his comic app that is supposedly amazing.

Y'know, those issues, with SEGA owned characters, he's gonna release them for free. Which would be about the same as uploaded scans of the issue to YouTube or something. There's also Butler's art to consider, which given Penders' complaints in the past about credit and royalties for past work, we haven't heard a thing if he has asked Butler for permission or offered royalties for the use of his past work.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, SBR2 said:

I'm going to be honest I don't think he knows that Foot Fetish is an actual thing. I mean I know the guy who commissioned the Lien-Da pic and I can tell you for certain there was no political commentary involved.

You'd think so. But do recall that when that pic first got posted, he got hit with jokes and accusations and the like and managed to handle it with a surprisingly level of grace, going 'Yeah, I know what I made, but I kept my word about the raffle'. It was only afterward that he made the absolutely bizarre decision to try and justify it as actually being political in nature, opening himself up to some rather intense ridicule in the process. I honestly have no clue what is up with him. 

• Thumbs Up 5

It's time for the 2020 edition of Ken Penders Insults a Dead Man:

Yeah, uh, Ken seems particularly angry about Ben Hurst this time around.  More than he usually is.

It's been a while since I read that old Ben Hurst interview, but I could've sworn that Ben said Ken screwed the project over in the sense of Ken's actions making Sega decide they didn't want to work with them, not claiming Ken intentionally tanked the project.

In fact, looking back at it, it seems that's pretty much exactly what happened:

The next day, I got a call from Ken Penders, who had been alerted by his contact in their office that I was interested in getting a Sonic movie going. I generously offered to include him in the effort and told him my strategy. Get SEGA to become invested in the idea by hiring us to interview their creative game designers, execs, etc and see if we could develop a story line that would fulfill the third season - and simultaneously give them creative ideas to develop new games. A win-win, situation.

Then, I called SEGA back, but I was shocked when the exec "lit" into me, telling me, "People pay US to develop Sonic product, we don't pay them!" Then she hung up on me. Obviously, Penders had related my strategy to them in a less-than-flattering way. Thanks for the knife, Ken.

Ken's own words from earlier about payment even seem to back up what Ben said.  And show a complete misunderstanding of Ben's intent that he still holds to this day.

• Thumbs Up 4

Another day, another instance of Penders demonstrating what  a bitter, envious old fool he really is. The earth turns, the sun rises, and Penders... does this crap, with the regularity of the seasons themselves. 

Something tells me he's on this particular tear right now thanks to the fact that after so much time spent denying it's existence, the Sonic movie is in fact here, and with it comes the utter eclipsing of his own failed attempt to make a Sonic movie real. I should really be a lot more angry right now, but honestly this entire display is as pathetic as it is disgusting. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Ken just announced that he's on the verge of finishing the Lara-Su Chronicles on Twitter. Thoughts?

I mean I'm not a big fan of what Mr. Hurst did with Sonic if I'm honest but this is honestly really low of Ken. He just can't accept that he's a smaller name in the overall of this franchise and it's so sad.

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What is the Republic?

A political "thriller" that he originally meant to premiere as a TV series on a major network almost a decade ago, until he realized no networks wanted it.  Eventually he re-edited into a movie, which I presume is going to be an online-only premiere.  There's a preview "episode" that he put up on Youtube back in 2011, featuring my personal favourite line of 'This is how teens really speak, right?' dialogue ever, "Dream on, moon unit."

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see it being picked up by a streaming service for a pitance one of those thats only there to pad the we have X movies on our service.