Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

29 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

spacer.png

>Ian was always stirring the pot

>Penders - the person who constantly shits on Ian, is the one claiming Ian constantly stirred the pot and threw him to the wolves.

>Penders - the man who quite literally threw Hurst to the wolves, backstabbing him to get his "dream project".

How exactly? By doing so well Archie didn't need grovel on their knees for him to return?

He might as well just come out and admit that he's jealous of Ian's success. We all know he is. He's not fooling anyone, and he certainly isn't doing himself any favors by being a passive aggressive child.

• Thumbs Up 6

When one of Penders fanboys is pointing out that this seems legally questionable you know it's bad.

Maybe it'll help them wake up to what they've been following.

As for "throwing Ken to the wolves in order to protect his dream job," I think he means that Ian didn't testify against Archie or join his side of the lawsuit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Razule said:

I don't recall him being this outright vitriolic about Ian before. He really is bitter.

In the past he has accused Flynn of stealing from him. There was that. And then there was the time he called Flynn's popularity a bandwagon. This though is pretty much the most blatant he's been. There's really no other way to see this other than him sincerely hating the guy. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Like I said upthread, I thought Penders actively tried to DIScourage Ian. If so, why Ian would even hypothetically owe Ken anything is beyond me.

• Thumbs Up 1

And to think, this guy has shown that all of this was in fact out of bitterness, spite and self entitlement. Next to all his Sonic legal shenanigans, Sonic Live and the Image crossover, joining Twitter was the worst mistake he ever made.

• Thumbs Up 3

Penders obviously has some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to Flynn.  From calling his popularity a bandwagon to accusing him of feeding him to the wolves, the man has an axe to grind with Flynn.  And I wonder why.  Flynn didn't do anything but take his place after he CHOSE to leave.

3 minutes ago, goldenchimchar said:

Penders obviously has some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to Flynn.  From calling his popularity a bandwagon to accusing him of feeding him to the wolves, the man has an axe to grind with Flynn.  And I wonder why.  Flynn didn't do anything but take his place after he CHOSE to leave.

As Horridus said, Penders felt that Ian as a former fan of his should have quit in protest when he walked out, so Archie would come crawling back to him. But because Ian didn't Penders see's it as an act of betrayal which is why he hates him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zonic 2099 said:

As Horridus said, Penders felt that Ian as a former fan of his should have quit in protest when he walked out, so Archie would come crawling back to him. But because Ian didn't Penders see's it as an act of betrayal which is why he hates him.

Why would Penders think Ian betrayed him?  Ian never owed Penders anything.  Why would Ian give up his job for a man that would throw him to the wolves if given the chance?

50 minutes ago, goldenchimchar said:

Why would Penders think Ian betrayed him?  Ian never owed Penders anything.  Why would Ian give up his job for a man that would throw him to the wolves if given the chance?

We're talking about the same guy who accused Karl Bollers, his co-worker, of actively trying to undermine him because he said that 25YL was just one of many futures rather than 'the' future. Likewise, he has this incredibly weird idea that Flynn not following the 'plans he left behind' was somehow a breach of 'common courtesy' despite that not being how it works in comics, like at all. This guy does not operate under any kind of normal logic, at all. 

I would also like to take this chance to point out that I did not suggest that Penders felt Flynn should be loyal to him due to being a fan- I was merely bemoaning the fact that Penders treats the man with such open vitriol when Flynn was, once upon a time his fan. Likewise, it was @Ryannumber1gamer who made the comparison between Penders behavior and that of John K, offering it up as a HYPOTHETICAL reason for how Penders can have this view, given that he shares the same kind of diseased, deluded form of egomania that has come to define John K. 

Edit: Ah, speak of the devil.

Guess that confirms his working logic is that Flynn basically going "That is how Archie operates, as far as I am aware" with regards to the contracts as being a deliberate act of malice. Good grief. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Whoops my bad ^^; anyway
I really hope Midnight's Edge is seeing this and addresses Ken's professionalism in a civilized manner after their interview because this is becoming more childish than pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, horridus said:

We're talking about the same guy who accused Karl Bollers, his co-worker, of actively trying to undermine him because he said that 25YL was just one of many futures rather than 'the' future. Likewise, he has this incredibly weird idea that Flynn not following the 'plans he left behind' was somehow a breach of 'common courtesy' despite that not being how it works in comics, like at all. This guy does not operate under any kind of normal logic, at all. 

I guess I was expecting too much from him.

10 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Penders quitting because he was asked to include a few more game characters becomes a complete joke in comparison.

Is that why he quit?! I thought he wanted to do some wild shit and people kept reasonably telling him no. If that's actually the reason that's funny and sad.

2 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

That's also sad

Also learned new shit about john k

4 hours ago, horridus said:

You know, it gets all the worse when you remember that Flynn was a fan of Penders. He once looked up to the guy. He was a regular on his forums. And for the crime of succeeding him and replacing him, even after that stupid lawsuit, THIS is what he gets. Along with a bevy of other things. 

I really should be furious and ranting and all that but truthfully? This whole thing is just so astoundingly pathetic that all I can feel is pity. This guy is so twisted up by the fact he isn't seen as the 'good guy' in all of this that now he is honestly deciding to make his successor out to be the bad guy specifically. 

You kinda got to love it though. Ian is working with a big name in comics like Frank Tieri on Archie's revival of Super Duck and Ken is trying to reprint material that isn't his. It's funny to see just how far apart they really are. 

• Thumbs Up 6

20 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

You kinda got to love it though. Ian is working with a big name in comics like Frank Tieri on Archie's revival of Super Duck and Ken is trying to reprint material that isn't his. It's funny to see just how far apart they really are. 

The only person who thinks there's a comparison between Ian and Penders is Ken Penders himself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Yeah, uh, this is getting kind of concerning, to say the least.

He's sure he has a clue what he's talking about?  Really sure?  Alright, then, let's take a look at the old statement Ian made 10 years ago that apparently sparked all of this:

https://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2830

Everyone on staff (and I include us freelancers when I say this) has to sign that contract. So unless Mr. Penders's contract was wildly different, he signed away those characters before he even created them.

And let's look again at the tweet Ken made to start this all off:

It doesn't take a whole lot to realize that Ian gave a really clear qualifier that Ken's contract (or even lack thereof) could have been very, very different from his own.  Heck, Ian even noted at the start that "[all] I'm going off of is my limited understanding of the ownership of things within the book and franchise."  Somehow I get the feeling Ken didn't re-read that post before talking about it, and just went off nearly 10-year-old memories of it.

• Thumbs Up 9

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

spacer.png

>Ian was always stirring the pot

>Penders - the person who constantly shits on Ian, is the one claiming Ian constantly stirred the pot and threw him to the wolves.

>Penders - the man who quite literally threw Hurst to the wolves, backstabbing him to get his "dream project".

Also:

Uh, yes Ken. They do. Because they own their characters.

Kenny's projecting hard here.

• Thumbs Up 2

He is now attempting to play nice. 

Ken, I think we're well past the point of seeing you as being anything other than a man utterly fixated on the past and on your successor. 

This really doesn't help-

Why is it the more insight we get into his precise view of his past career, the more depressed I get? 

• Thumbs Up 7

32 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Yeah, uh, this is getting kind of concerning, to say the least.

He's sure he has a clue what he's talking about?  Really sure?  Alright, then, let's take a look at the old statement Ian made 10 years ago that apparently sparked all of this:

https://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2830

And let's look again at the tweet Ken made to start this all off:

It doesn't take a whole lot to realize that Ian gave a really clear qualifier that Ken's contract (or even lack thereof) could have been very, very different from his own.  Heck, Ian even noted at the start that "[all] I'm going off of is my limited understanding of the ownership of things within the book and franchise."  Somehow I get the feeling Ken didn't re-read that post before talking about it, and just went off nearly 10-year-old memories of it.

Well, we all know he proudly admits he doesn't read anything anyone else wrote (while simultaneously claiming to know all about it).

• Thumbs Up 4