Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

This response caught my eye yesterday.

That's still no excuse to do the same to Jon.
I'm not gonna deny that he's only right WHEN he's being accused of something he had no hand in, but given Ken's behavior and tendencies he's far from being a trustworthy source. If he can't prove how Jon on his first issue as a mere artist managed to usurp the writer of the issue and the editor of the comic with the slap and keep his job, yeah you got a lot of explaining to do, never mind all the reasons you've given us to question your word.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really can't tell if this was meant to be a joke, or actually serious.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

36 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I really can't tell if this was meant to be a joke, or actually serious.

The eternal conundrum when it comes to this guy. Frankly after the shitstorm that was The Geoffrey Revelation, one would think he'd steer away from anything that even VAGUELY brings up the specter of that. 

But of course this is Penders, with all the lack of common sense that goes with that fact. 

On another note - back to the topic of the slap and Jon Gray: 

So the evidence to prove his point is scattered to the wind apparently as well.

So I guess somehow Penders' classified smoking gun is something that proves a context of Ian wanting to screw with Penders I guess?

• Thumbs Up 7

Originally posted by @Dr. Detective Mike - but last week's Bumblekast had Aleah Baker giving a damn good teardown of Penders era Archie and his writing. Mike posted full timestamps, but the whole thing kicks off at 52:29.

• Thumbs Up 3

Has anyone here ever read the only issue of that image comics ken wrote the lost ones and the characters were in that sonic super special image comics crossover

i want to know if the lost ones comic is worth any effort to try and track it down

5 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

i want to know if the lost ones comic is worth any effort to try and track it down

No.

• Chuckle 3

29 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Has anyone here ever read the only issue of that image comics ken wrote the lost ones and the characters were in that sonic super special image comics crossover

Oh, of course! It’s Kenders “best-seller” after all. All one issues of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Originally posted by @Dr. Detective Mike - but last week's Bumblekast had Aleah Baker giving a damn good teardown of Penders era Archie and his writing. Mike posted full timestamps, but the whole thing kicks off at 52:29.

Ooh can't wait to see the tweet storm.

I’m surprised Aleah wasn’t afraid to just let rip on Penders, when her husband usually stays hush on the matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Big Panda said:

I’m surprised Aleah wasn’t afraid to just let rip on Penders, when her husband usually stays hush on the matter.

I mean, personally I always thought it was a case of Ian just didn't want to bother humouring Penders and playing into his insane "Ian hates me!!! >:'(" narrative. 

Aleah clearly didn't have a concern about that, lol.

16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, personally I always thought it was a case of Ian just didn't want to bother humouring Penders and playing into his insane "Ian hates me!!! >:'(" narrative. 

Aleah clearly didn't have a concern about that, lol.

Aleah Baker doesn't work for IDW/SEGA. That gives her a good deal of leeway. Plus, the question wasn't about Penders as a PERSON- just his WRITING. That makes all the difference.

• Thumbs Up 4

20 minutes ago, horridus said:

Aleah Baker doesn't work for IDW/SEGA.

That’s a shame. Her Archie input was pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 2

So...is Penders' cycle essentially just to play the blame game to make himself look good instead of just releasing his damn work so people can properly judge how he is in the now?

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

So...is Penders' cycle essentially just to play the blame game to make himself look good instead of just releasing his damn work so people can properly judge how he is in the now?

Yes.

And also passive-aggressively shouting at people who point his hypocrisy and idiocy out on Twitter. I'm legitimately shocked there's people who still try to twist events to be in Penders' favour.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm legitimately shocked there's people who still try to twist events to be in Penders' favour.

I honestly think they're just trying to keep the man mentally and ego-driven, afloat just so that he has enough confidence to release Lara-Su Chronicles and then it can be the laughing stock we all know it's gonna be.

25 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

I honestly think they're just trying to keep the man mentally and ego-driven, afloat just so that he has enough confidence to release Lara-Su Chronicles and then it can be the laughing stock we all know it's gonna be.

Those poor souls. Clearly, it's not coming out in this decade...or timeline.

3 minutes ago, antyep said:

Those poor souls. Clearly, it's not coming out in this decade...or timeline.

Oh yeah, what's his page progress so far? I ask as someone who's been here for this inane ride since the start back in 2014.

59 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Less a cycle than a state of being, I think. Cycles tend to change before returning to form.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Less a cycle than a state of being, I think. Cycles tend to change before returning to form.

I fear to see the devastation that'll occur when he reaches his homeostasis then.

8 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Oh yeah, what's his page progress so far? I ask as someone who's been here for this inane ride since the start back in 2014.

Depending on the day it's somewhere between releasing in 3 months and some real life event has shown how to resolve a plot point for a major character.

24 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

some real life event has shown how to resolve a plot point for a major character.

Which, let me guess, has him push back the release date.

10 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Which, let me guess, has him push back the release date.

Sort of, the release date isn't constantly shifting to some point roughly 3 months away it just ends up being about  that the few times the question gets answered.