Jump to content
Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Recommended Posts

This response caught my eye yesterday.

That's still no excuse to do the same to Jon.
I'm not gonna deny that he's only right WHEN he's being accused of something he had no hand in, but given Ken's behavior and tendencies he's far from being a trustworthy source. If he can't prove how Jon on his first issue as a mere artist managed to usurp the writer of the issue and the editor of the comic with the slap and keep his job, yeah you got a lot of explaining to do, never mind all the reasons you've given us to question your word.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I really can't tell if this was meant to be a joke, or actually serious.

The eternal conundrum when it comes to this guy. Frankly after the shitstorm that was The Geoffrey Revelation, one would think he'd steer away from anything that even VAGUELY brings up the specter of that. 

But of course this is Penders, with all the lack of common sense that goes with that fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note - back to the topic of the slap and Jon Gray: 

So the evidence to prove his point is scattered to the wind apparently as well.

So I guess somehow Penders' classified smoking gun is something that proves a context of Ian wanting to screw with Penders I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone here ever read the only issue of that image comics ken wrote the lost ones and the characters were in that sonic super special image comics crossover

 

i want to know if the lost ones comic is worth any effort to try and track it down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Has anyone here ever read the only issue of that image comics ken wrote the lost ones and the characters were in that sonic super special image comics crossover

i want to know if the lost ones comic is worth any effort to try and track it down

Oh, of course! It’s Kenders “best-seller” after all. All one issues of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Originally posted by @Dr. Detective Mike - but last week's Bumblekast had Aleah Baker giving a damn good teardown of Penders era Archie and his writing. Mike posted full timestamps, but the whole thing kicks off at 52:29.

Ooh can't wait to see the tweet storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Panda said:

I’m surprised Aleah wasn’t afraid to just let rip on Penders, when her husband usually stays hush on the matter.

I mean, personally I always thought it was a case of Ian just didn't want to bother humouring Penders and playing into his insane "Ian hates me!!! >:'(" narrative. 

Aleah clearly didn't have a concern about that, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, personally I always thought it was a case of Ian just didn't want to bother humouring Penders and playing into his insane "Ian hates me!!! >:'(" narrative. 

Aleah clearly didn't have a concern about that, lol.

Aleah Baker doesn't work for IDW/SEGA. That gives her a good deal of leeway. Plus, the question wasn't about Penders as a PERSON- just his WRITING. That makes all the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

So...is Penders' cycle essentially just to play the blame game to make himself look good instead of just releasing his damn work so people can properly judge how he is in the now?

Yes.

And also passive-aggressively shouting at people who point his hypocrisy and idiocy out on Twitter. I'm legitimately shocked there's people who still try to twist events to be in Penders' favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm legitimately shocked there's people who still try to twist events to be in Penders' favour.

I honestly think they're just trying to keep the man mentally and ego-driven, afloat just so that he has enough confidence to release Lara-Su Chronicles and then it can be the laughing stock we all know it's gonna be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

I honestly think they're just trying to keep the man mentally and ego-driven, afloat just so that he has enough confidence to release Lara-Su Chronicles and then it can be the laughing stock we all know it's gonna be.

Those poor souls. Clearly, it's not coming out in this decade...or timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

So...is Penders' cycle essentially just to play the blame game to make himself look good instead of just releasing his damn work so people can properly judge how he is in the now?

Less a cycle than a state of being, I think. Cycles tend to change before returning to form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Oh yeah, what's his page progress so far? I ask as someone who's been here for this inane ride since the start back in 2014.

Depending on the day it's somewhere between releasing in 3 months and some real life event has shown how to resolve a plot point for a major character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Which, let me guess, has him push back the release date.

Sort of, the release date isn't constantly shifting to some point roughly 3 months away it just ends up being about  that the few times the question gets answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.