Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

13 minutes ago, Zonic 2099 said:

he literally can't see things from anyone elses perspective.

Of this, I have little doubt.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Man, this dude is really trying to make it seem like his society of echindas is absolutely terrible. Then again, this is also the same dude who tried to gave us a heroic faction who think the logical way to deal with a bully is to murder him.

Bully murder, when was this

Edited by Strickerx5
Cutting down on mistaken clutter
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Has anyone compared Ken’s mythology of the echidnas to how they were portrayed in uk’s fleetway sonic the comic, there was a technologically advanced for this time Echidna empire

Yeah, he actually blocked me on Twitter for pointing out that STC did it a couple years before him.

• Thumbs Up 6

6 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Bully murder, when was this

It was in issue 30 of the Knuckles comic. Rather than tell the bully's parents Locke and the brotherhood thought it'd be more effective to throw the bully off of Angel Island into the ocean.

It's moments like this that make one wonder why Locke isn't a contender for father of the year 🤔

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

It really hurts the Echidna's in the end. If they are supposed to be sympathetic why do they feel like a bunch of Karma hudini's? Why do they never grow under his pen? Even with a status quo shake up like giving up technology they still keep the status quo by using technology which makes the exile of the Legion even worse.

Also if his comments on Bob Harris' almost prophetical disapproval for Sonic Live and Penders fighting any and all criticism good strong points or not, make me think he literally can't see things from anyone elses perspective.

This was kinda common in the comics, they didn't really give closure to a lot of conflicts, they just had them fizzle out or interrupted in sort of a 'there's bigger things going on right now' type manner. Sonic and Tails' fight, several of Sally's outbursts, they all had the same problem. Only the ones that had become meme-worthy got some sort of closure, and even then much later on by someone else on the creative team. I could argue Penders' wasn't the only one guilty of this, even Ian sometimes stuck in some soap opera level stuff and didn't stick by it (sure he couldn't have known about the reboot mandate, but making a canon Sally vs Mina conflict and then robotocising Sally right in the heat of it felt like one big 'abort' button), but being the writer most focused on political/personal conflicts such as this, it became far more evident when Penders wouldn't deal with it. I think the only one he bothered to resolve was the tension over Uncle Chuck keeping Sonic's parents a secret from him.

There's just not a lot of enjoyment in seeing 'likeable' characters mistreating and screaming at each other if there's no resolution afterwards.

19 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

plus I think I have to give ken a little credit in that he acknowledged the echidnas in the sonic movie were clearly just based on the ones from sonic adventure

That's kind of diminished by the fact he still felt a need to engage in a thought experiment about how those Echidna COULD have been worked into the Dark Legion, as well as the fact he tried to claim Longclaw was somehow equivalent to Julayla. Frankly, even if Penders hadn't done the latter? He shouldn't get any kind of 'credit' for stating the blatantly obvious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
Look forward to it I guess?
7 minutes ago, horridus said:

Someone has to, I suppose. 

Well it's not going to be me this time, the past 400 shifts have been left to me >:U

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Look forward to it I guess?

Ken, writing tie in stuff isn't actually working on your book. Not surprised at all that he has been distracted for the 40 billionth time but yeesh. Also, its still embarrasing he is trying to tie it to Ian's stories. But we knew that already, didn't we?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Well well well. Let's see if something happens. 

Spoiler:

It won't.

8 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Ken, writing tie in stuff isn't actually working on your book. Not surprised at all that he has been distracted for the 40 billionth time but yeesh. Also, its still embarrasing he is trying to tie it to Ian's stories. But we knew that already, didn't we?

I love how he already has the perfect handwave in the form of time travel shenanigans, yet he still feels the need to dig more (not deeper, just more) to justify how his version of the world has changed.

If he just literally picked up right where he left off, post-King Sonic's time tampering with everyone staring at the machine, with little more than one panel showing how things looked way back at the end of his 25YL run and another panel with the same layout but the new designs, would anyone here have any major questions or complaints about what happened?

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure he's just referring to The Storm here.  This probably isn't even anything new.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone else wondering why continue on as a stealth sequel to his work on the comic instead of just embracing the soft reboot it is, why not make it the Julie su chronicles; especially since he made echidnas an alien species

i read he plans to sell A book that reprints his sonic x years later stories, I could have read it wrong but how does he plan to do that without risking more court drama from Sega, I know he sold artwork of sonic satam to fans but there is a difference between that and selling actual published work of copyrighted characters (as in the sonic cas)

• Thumbs Up 4

Don’t get me wrong, I do get criticisms of him and his work but I have no extreme feelings about him and actually want to see Lara su chronicles published so I could buy it for myself

The Praetorian is basically copyright friendly Knuckles

34 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

image.thumb.png.486e56fd5fc0f57face5ae28a41ac992.png

I wouldn't call this or the 3D render copyright friendly. This is unfortunately a straight up rip off. The only reason it was acceptable even if lazy way back when was because his characters were in a licensed Sonic product.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, nice to see the delivery and writing is still as wooden as the preview we got like four years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I do get criticisms of him and his work but I have no extreme feelings about him and actually want to see Lara su chronicles published so I could buy it for myself

So this is literally just the ending of M25YL but slightly altered. 

I had to read that a few times. Guess they don't dream, and they fark... or she said fork weirdly. Just like echyd'na is a weird whatever. Man, Penders, you showed Lara-Su in a string bikini, implied teenage sex, showed a picture of chicken guts in an autopsy. Go ahead and swear.  Go all out.

1 hour ago, AlienBunny said:

I had to read that a few times. Guess they don't dream, and they fark... or she said fork weirdly. 

I can't get over the fact he literally took a swear from Battlestar Galactica and just flipped two letters.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

The majority of this script was already posted back in July 2013.

• Thumbs Up 5