Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

8 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I mean I'm expecting King Ogilvie being mentioned at some point TBH.  

You joke, but I just realized, that's probably his loophole because Sega would never want to acknowledge that Sonic's name is Ogilvie. I don't know about the legality of this, but he could probably straight up show King Sonic but call him Ogilvie and call it a day. It wouldn't be any different than the millions of [X] the Hedgehog's out there. If they went after Penders, they'd have to go after all them.

Feels like he bounces to a different thing every week to always seem busy while makig little progress.

12 hours ago, horridus said:

Technically not a name, but a bio for Geoffrey St. John referenced a 'Blue-Spined Erinaceinae'.... which is basically botched latin for 'Hedgehog'. Yeah, fun fact there- the Echidna have been renamed 'Echyd'nya' and are insisted upon as being alien creatures now, but evidently everything ELSE in the world is named for the real world taxonomy of whatever animal they are. For exame, Geoff himself is called a 'Mephitidae'. Because you know, that's totally consistent. 

Erinaceinae is the Subfamily of Erinaceidae that hedgehoges belong to, it is correct just reads really badly because the scientific name for hedgehogs isn't one that has crossed over into everyday language.

Species Mephitidae is a little bad though with that being the family for all the skunks and stink badgers. If he went the next level down the classification the genus Mephitis would be a better starting point for a species name paired with sapian or some variation of mobian. Or just be normal and call a Skunk a Skunk.

Echidna have scientific names that sound made for sci-fi both the short-beaked Tachyglossus and long-beaked Zaglossus are easily better than the spell it weird and throw in an apostrophe method of sci-fi naming.

Spoiler

I may have rambled a little much after making my initial point.

• Thumbs Up 3

God the Archie Lara and Julie-Su designs really are the least offensive stolen designs here. And looks like Taylor's once again gonna infringe on Anthony Mackie's likeness.

The top half of this is blinding with the terrible colors and shading and the bottom half just doesn't mesh well like at all. Also, why did he have to give not Knuckles blonde hair? It looks absolutely horrible on him.

• Absolutely 1

Couple things. 1: I'll say this much positive Lien-Da is way less creepy drawn than the CG abomination. She still doesn't look good but she looks better. 2: Is he trying to emulate Jason Jensen's coloring on the bottom half of the image?

6 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

God the Archie Lara and Julie-Su designs really are the least offensive stolen designs here. And looks like Taylor's once again gonna infringe on Anthony Mackie's likeness.

The top half of this is blinding with the terrible colors and shading and the bottom half just doesn't mesh well like at all. Also, why did he have to give not Knuckles blonde hair? It looks absolutely horrible on him.

At least those three at the bottom don't make me want to puke.

Had the whole thing looked like that, I think people would be slightly more tolerant of this mess.

It's amazing just how terrible the red hair on pink skin looks godawful on Lara-Su. She was red with only a tiny shade of pink in her hair for an reason in the original, and the reason why is the two colours look garish together like this.

Also, it looks like Julie, Lara and Lien all had family bonding time together by going to get Botox injections together.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also, it looks like Julie, Lara and Lien all had family bonding time together by going to get Botox injections together.

I mean clearly. They have do something since all that fascism and family war stuff is water under the bridge and their all a close nit family until they aren't and Lien-Da is the villain of the story.

I myself am trying to process the fact that Taelor's head was literally copy pasted and switched from this comic page....

spacer.png

Likewise, I said it once and I'll say it again, but good god K'nox sticks out badly next to the Spaz designed Lara and Julie. It's just... painfully obvious that there is a clash of styles and design philosophy at work here. 

• Thumbs Up 8

I just realised I thought “K’nox” was supposed to have spiked knuckles, but he doesn’t seem to have them here?

7 hours ago, Big Panda said:

Is it me, or does that sphere look off-centre?

This entire project feels off-centre, so if it is, then at least it's on-brand.

Ken can't make up his mind on how Julie Su looks. I'm on my phone right now, but I'm pretty sure she look different.

Also less is more, and some Clip Art tutorials can help. There's texture brushes he can use.

Also reference a few faces than taking Mackie's face. Draw a few until you're happy with the results, you lazy man.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/26/2014 at 1:02 AM, Jason the Jackass said:

He was once a great writer for the series and contributed a lot.

Was he really?

We don't need to be resurrecting six year old posts just to snipe about something 400+ pages have more or less already agreed upon.

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

We don't need to be resurrecting six year old posts just to snipe about something 400+ pages have more or less already agreed upon.

I think you have the wrong idea. I'm not sniping anything. It's a legit question. Have not really seen an answer or agreement on such in the gap, so it's not really a big deal to ask.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 3:14 PM, horridus said:

I myself am trying to process the fact that Taelor's head was literally copy pasted and switched from this comic page....

spacer.png

Likewise, I said it once and I'll say it again, but good god K'nox sticks out badly next to the Spaz designed Lara and Julie. It's just... painfully obvious that there is a clash of styles and design philosophy at work here. 

You gotta love how there's both a Planet of the Apes reference and a Star Trek joke in here. Mix it with the horrid art and the fact these lines don't really seen to connect in anyway making feel like Mike and his...computer?...Co-pilot?...whoever are talking at each other and not to each other and that's some top tier Penders.

• Thumbs Up 4

Because who ever heard of Fans of the Sonic the Hedgehog games, y'know the source material of the Sonic the Hedgehog comics reading Sonic the Hedgehog Comics. -_-

It's because of most of us who play the games that this comic lasted as long as it did as well as IDW getting the license has quick as they did. Yes, it's great that the comic was allowed to have it's own identity...at least when Knuckles wasn't a green reality warping god or when Scourge was catfishing girls but with storylines that bad the comic would have been long dead before Ian could salvage it, I don't even think the comic would have made it to issue 150 if it didn't end with Endgame as an original Archie concept.

• Thumbs Up 7

Penders losing it when told he's a small fish in a big pond will never not be hilarious. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel personally attacked. More than I usually do from reading something he's written, I mean.

• Thumbs Up 8

Yall should look at the rest of that conversation. The lack of self awareness from ken is uh... almost tangible

• Thumbs Up 2