Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Yall should look at the rest of that conversation. The lack of self awareness from ken is uh... almost tangible

I'd love to, but it seems to have been removed. Anyone get what was said?

13 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I'd love to, but it seems to have been removed. Anyone get what was said?

In short poster goes into how they can still use echidna's and shade but the latter would need changes.

Ken suggests that without all the context in the game why is it worth even bringing back. Which from anyone else would be a reasonable If not a bit pessimistic question. For ken he shouldn't care. If he honestly believes that the value from those games are lifted from his work. The removal of such things shouldn't be anything he cares about. The mask slipped and it's just malice, it's not about artists royalties or copyright infringement. He hates that the IP owner and the publisher didnt want him to write bad stories anymore and hes out of a job. And seemingly keeping echidna's under lock and key is the only semblance of control he has. The idea of them just redoing elements and putting characters back out there frightens him because that lawsuit seems to be one of the few things he feels like hes accomplished. The little guy took down the big corperation. But easily side steppable character changes reveal the situation to be what it is. A petty loser got the right out of touch judge.

This is backed up by his argument later that sega didn't really have lore for the games. And the poster rightly saying they do. He then asks why wasn't it provided. it was eventually, to be fair in the early days things were loose but ken was provided more guidelines and material which is what eventually drove him out. He knows there is material,  he ignored it. But he wants to paint this narrative that he brought the narrative depth or narrative at all and all artistic exertions outside of his writings arent real. The idea that hes not needed or was ever nessicary causes him to lash out and reveal once again. Hes a malice filled petty hack

(It things like these that makes me wish someone would make him play adventure era games and give his thoughts. Because I need to hear his wild ass corrections he would make to the stories. How much mysogony can you fit into sonic heroes? Ask ken to find out)

He just lacks self awareness on like, the series itself what he owns and where he stands legally. And what others have done for the series. But not just that, hes unaware of what roll he plays right now. Hes supposed to be the victim who got justice. Why just indicate malice? Its weird

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, the new eyestrain addition aside, Maybe it's because I didn't have the best nights sleep but is he really saying he wants to put this out physically?

• My Emmerdoods 1

I keep saying it, but I'm going to say it again.

What is up with those fucking lips?

So that random brown smudge at the bottom which isn’t even symmetrical is supposed to be a part of the final product?

Okay.

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Okay, the new eyestrain addition aside, Maybe it's because I didn't have the best nights sleep but is he really saying he wants to put this out physically?

Think he just means prints he can sell on his site.

Also, I kind of hate to admit it; while the design is still bad, the actual inked and colored drawing in the foreground of Totally-Not-Knuckles, Julie and Lara-Su looks... decent? Especially (or because) set against the backdrop of characters done by someone who just discovered the blend tool.

1 hour ago, Big Panda said:

Compared to the rest of the conversation, this barely even scratches the surface.

When he insists he fleshed out the echidna civilisation first, it’s pointed out that Fleetway and that French comic beat him to it.

His response; “well, I wasn’t aware of those and had no reason to, so it’s irrelevant here”.

D6-ADF92-C-A051-4-DD4-B5-E0-09-FE6018700

2-C2-EC382-B6-CC-422-B-B165-8-CB06-C14-D
EBD56321-A150-4431-9-D34-AD388296-D222.j

Thank GOD Penders doesn't have Dr. Finitivus or Dr. Zachary,

5 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Oh man, those first ten words got my hopes up.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

On 3/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, horridus said:

Other stellar examples of Penders 'creativity' at work include a 'Princess of Acorn' and 'Warlord Kintobor'. 

That being said, he hasn't given his intended replacement for Sonic a 'proper' name yet. Given that he decided to call his Not-Knuckles 'K'Nox', one can only imagine what lamebrained thing awaits if he should ever choose to reveal it. 

Damn, Penders is gonna get sued hard when he finishes the comic.

4 hours ago, Big Panda said:

Compared to the rest of the conversation, this barely even scratches the surface.

When he insists he fleshed out the echidna civilisation first, it’s pointed out that Fleetway and that French comic beat him to it.

His response; “well, I wasn’t aware of those and had no reason to, so it’s irrelevant here”.

This reminds me of the time where he legitimately claimed that the concept of alternate timelines did not exist in the Sonic franchise before he featured alternate timelines in his stories.

Sonic CD predated any of his work on the comic.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Tylinos said:

Sonic CD predated any of his work on the comic.

AH! I see you're a gamer. That automatically invalidates any logic or argument you have.

Spoiler

/s if that wasn't obvious

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 4

15 minutes ago, Nintenboi said:

Damn, Penders is gonna get sued hard when he finishes the comic.

Even funnier, K'Nox is a ripoff of Anti-Knuckles' name, O'Nux.

Anti_Knuckles.png

• Thumbs Up 5

54 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

AH! I see you're a gamer. That automatically invalidates any logic or argument you have.

Hide contents

/s if that wasn't obvious

Don't forget the automatic OCD.

2 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Don't forget the automatic OCD.

Even sarcastically, I didn't have it in me to stoop so low as to make light of such a thing. Guess Penders just outshines us all in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 7

I hate to admit it but the fact that Penders thinks the Lara-Su Chronicles has even the faintest chance of being made into a movie makes me kinda pity him when the Lara-Su Chronicles inevitably flops. I mean yeah he did bring it on himself and that's not why I pity him it's the fact that he has nothing to fall back on. He no longer writes for any comics, His well of Archie Sonic comics and graphic novels is bound to dry up eventually, and even if IDW is allowed to play with Archie Sonic odds are they'll only focus on the reboot and if they are allowed to collect character rights back they'll likely avoid Penders like the plague.

Of course I'm sure Pen will say or do something that will make this tiny little puddle of pity I feel dry up after the fact.

• Thumbs Up 7

On 4/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, Zonic 2099 said:

Is it just me or does the guy on the top right kinda look like Will Smith.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:16 AM, Zonic 2099 said:

Who is the toffee-colored echidna-looking thing next to the Anthony Mackie-clone? I don't recall ever seeing artwork of him before. 

And what is Ken's obsession with people having eye implants of some kind?