Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I wasn't aware Penders had another movie in the pipeline. What's the deal with this one?

2 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

I wasn't aware Penders had another movie in the pipeline. What's the deal with this one?

IIRC, it's a show, and it's been in the "pipeline" since like 2011 at least.

Here's a preview:

• Thumbs Up 1

So, is it actually about to take off, unlike The Lost Ones?

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

It's Ken Penders, you should know the answer to that is No.

2 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Its one big youtuber away from being The Room 2.

I'll always be grateful to The Republic THE REPUBLIC for giving us Pete, a character who somehow manages to go from believable teen not caring about class to the most "How do you do, fellow kids?" line of dialogue in less than 10 seconds.  The preview episode is worth it for 6:30 to 6:40 alone.  That, and the truly masterful computer screen effects in the scene at 9:20.  I kind of hope they aren't actually changed at all in the final product; They're just so perfectly awful.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

3 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Its one big youtuber away from being The Room 2.

Oh, boy do I want it released just for the beautiful YouTube mockery it'll receive. 

11 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Oh, boy do I want it released just for the beautiful YouTube mockery it'll receive. 

"The Floater Island logo looks like a piece of shit so we're already off to a good start."

But done better.

God, I needed a good laugh today! That disk art for the Republic is like something out of a bad parody.  I hope Red Letter Media reviews it one day.

Just came in to say that I suck major ass at design and I could definitely do better than that disc art.

I’ll give Penders credit for perseverance tho—it’s been at most six years since he started this whole thing and he’s still intent with going through with his projects.

I don’t like saying anything good about this man, but I can’t deny that no matter how much people shit on your work that to not give up for that long deserved praise.

Now if he could only put for that kind of effort towards building a setting that actually unique on it own without it coming off like a rejected draft of the Sonic Movie. Seriously, he’d get a lot further if he made his works stand on their own without the stigma of it being copied from Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Now if he could only put for that kind of effort towards building a setting that actually unique on it own without it coming off like a rejected draft of the Sonic Movie. Seriously, he’d get a lot further if he made his works stand on their own without the stigma of it being copied from Sonic.

Or at the least a setting that makes it clear he's not just riding on his old work's coattails and others, ala Freedom Planet or something. Being Sonic-like isn't an issue in itself, it's how over-reliant he is on his past stuff and the Sonic brand even as he tries to claim his independence. I think he'd be at least marginally more respected in that sense.

14 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

"The Floater Island logo looks like a piece of shit so we're already off to a good start."

But done better.

Honestly someone like Phelous review THE REPUBLIC. He'd have a good amount of sarcasm and criticism.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

14 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I would enjoy that, but that'll simply sour the public's opinion of Sonic fans once again, as we'll be associated with this bullshit.

The Movie and Mania have helped revitalize the brand to the public, the last thing we need is to get that hate train rolling again.

I think they were referring to the Republic but regardless whatever mockery the Lara-Su Chronicles gets is very unlikely to hurt Sonic's brand image nor hurt the perception of us Sonic fans. The only thing the Lara-Su Chronicles will further hurt is Penders.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's Ken Penders, you should know the answer to that is No.

Deep down I knew. But a part of me just wanted to see if he's actually succeeded at something in this era of his "career", whatever that is.

Considering how well the Lost ones did and how your fighting off any and all criticism for Lara's unappealing book, this is an investment that should be avoided at all cost, even more so if he does manage to get Vol 1 of Lara's book out the door and Anthony Mackie doesn't approve the usage of his stolen likeness.

• Thumbs Up 1

"They like to say I made my James Bond furry OC a Pedophile but they're wrong because I've been working in comics for 12 years."

I'm sorry what?

Also I don't see how writing a character "heroic" undoes making him have sex with someone ten years younger than him.

EDIT: So I'm an idiot and decided to confront him about this. Here's his response. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1250914472572489728

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Tylinos said:

If those are the values you want to promote, then maybe don't use the characters you have portraying those values to also glorify statutory rape.

Given  the 'heroic' things he has characters doing in the aforementioned body of work, it's not exactly surprising that his warped moral compass leaves him incapable of/refusing to grasp the actual core of the objection. This is the same guy who deadass said that Knuckles wouldn't resent Locke for what was done to him because of all the skills he now had because of it, after all. The most re-occurring and binding value espoused i  his work isn't any of the things he says here- it's that your parents will hurt you for your own good and that you WILL thank them for the privilege of it, regardless of how much harm or potential harm it puts you in. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

EDIT: So I'm an idiot and decided to confront him about this. Here's his response. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1250914472572489728

I should note that Penders' math is off- in the Date Files he wrote for the cast, he had Sally born on day 186 of the year 3220.

tumblr_ptuvn31SSd1u4is2oo1_1280.png

(God he just HAD to use THAT image to showcase the profile. Ugh.)

This is important to note, because the first Robotnik died during Endgame on day 164 of 3225. 

tumblr_inline_p9bbifsACy1re1bwb_500.jpg

As such, Sally wasn't 16 when St. John was putting the moves on her- she was just shy of being *15* at the time of his death (technically still a 14 year old!), whereas St. John was 20. 

So yeah. Fun. 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, horridus said:

As such, Sally wasn't 16 when St. John was putting the moves on her- she was just shy of being *15* at the time of his death (technically still a 14 year old!), whereas St. John was 20.

Not even that; He was 21.

tumblr_o3e1w9GGew1s3syw5o1_1280.png

Geoffrey's 6 and a half years older than Sally.  Early 3214 and mid 3220.

• Thumbs Up 4

56 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Not even that; He was 21.

tumblr_o3e1w9GGew1s3syw5o1_1280.png

Geoffrey's 6 and a half years older than Sally.  Early 3214 and mid 3220.

So I guess Penders was right about one thing I did add a few years.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

So I guess Penders was right about one thing I did add a few years.

Stopped clocks and all, though I could have sworn there was a to-do before about age discrepancies for Geoffrey in the Archie comic.

1 hour ago, AlienBunny said:

I just want to know why complicate things by removing months? 

First off, welcome to the new page bucko.

Second off, I have no idea.

14 hours ago, Tylinos said:

If those are the values you want to promote, then maybe don't use the characters you have portraying those values to also glorify statutory rape.

Oh boy...he really had to open up that can of worms again didn't he..
Geoffrey may have been a hero before his double agent status came to be but before Pen abandoned him to play with the Echidna's, he wasn't really a likable one. There's being confident and then there's being egotistical (and although Sonic himself has an ego, there's no debate that Sonic at least earned his.) There's being a snark and a tease and then there's being a passive aggressive jerk. There's being suave and then there's being touchy, and let's not forget how disrespectful and quick to start fights Geoffrey can be.

You know if Geoffrey was more cool headed, mature, and younger this could have worked. Maybe if Sally had a small crush one sided crush on Geoffrey which Sonic picked up on and felt a bit threatened by Geoffrey under Penders could have been more likable and this love triangle a little more tolerable.

• Thumbs Up 1