Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

11 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Looks like Penders has taken inspiration from Butch Hartman, because he's now apparently copying his paid commissions from other sources. Thanks Ken Penders pointed out this one:

1553b3c8931441d8650f656eef22e8e434dd7612

Source: 

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/629893657985744896/i-feel-like-that-bunnie-on-ken-penders-most

I will give Penders the benefit of the doubt on this one. Both drawings have their differences so I don't think he was copying. Heavily referenced, maybe. 

I know I’m a bit late on the subject, but the fact that Penders even thinks this would flow well is ridiculous even for him honestly.

He should’ve known that wouldn’t work long before IDW even got the license given that Archie was rebooted specifically to avoid this very mess of his. The Freedom Fighters need to be re-introduced as new characters to go along with what IDW is establishing, and there is no way not to avoid that—introducing them as old characters, and in the manner he wants them, which is no doubt before they were rebooted, will not work and I’m sure Penders isn’t delusional enough not to know that...he just doesn’t care, plain and simple.

And even if the Freedom Fighters were to be made main characters, they wouldn’t stay main characters as they would have to rotate that to other characters for the next arc after having their moment due to IDW’s cast structure being more fluid. So they’ll be sharing the spotlight even more than they did in Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

How does he keep doing these things? It's beyond cringe and brutal to know that he actually thinks he's good. Go away Ken, just go away and never come back.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:21 AM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I know I’m a bit late on the subject, but the fact that Penders even thinks this would flow well is ridiculous even for him honestly.

He should’ve known that wouldn’t work long before IDW even got the license given that Archie was rebooted specifically to avoid this very mess of his. The Freedom Fighters need to be re-introduced as new characters to go along with what IDW is establishing, and there is no way not to avoid that—introducing them as old characters, and in the manner he wants them, which is no doubt before they were rebooted, will not work and I’m sure Penders isn’t delusional enough not to know that...he just doesn’t care, plain and simple.

And even if the Freedom Fighters were to be made main characters, they wouldn’t stay main characters as they would have to rotate that to other characters for the next arc after having their moment due to IDW’s cast structure being more fluid. So they’ll be sharing the spotlight even more than they did in Archie.

You know what the 'best' part of it is? None of it is done for the benefit of the Freedom Fighters themselves. Penders clings to them because they were a part of the time when he was at his most successful and because he's all too aware that there's a segment of the fanbase that'll always sing his praises if he panders to them. It's not about what's good for the Freedom Fighters or for Sonic or the book in general- it's about what's good for HIM and him alone. It's why he tried to prolong the status quo of his choice in the Archie book for so long and when taking over after Bollers left did everything in his power to reverse the changes he didn't care for, regardless of how little sense any of it made. 

Penders couldn't care less about the Freedom Fighters as characters. He tried to permanently kill off Sally, succeeded in permanently killing off Robotnik, opined about desiring to kill off Antoine due to his inability to think of anything to do with, and on and on it goes. It's all just a cynical, self-serving ploy born of him thinking he can coast on the 90s forever. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Just came across this list of comics industry advice from veteran Mark Evanier: https://www.newsfromme.com/2020/09/22/25-more-things-3/

I found the last one most interesting/relevant here:

A professional who seems like a helluva nice guy when you meet him at a convention and tell him you love his work and want his autograph can be extremely an extremely non-nice guy when you deal with him in a work capacity, especially if he rightly or wrongly perceives you as a threat to him.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 9/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, horridus said:

You know what the 'best' part of it is? None of it is done for the benefit of the Freedom Fighters themselves. Penders clings to them because they were a part of the time when he was at his most successful and because he's all too aware that there's a segment of the fanbase that'll always sing his praises if he panders to them. It's not about what's good for the Freedom Fighters or for Sonic or the book in general- it's about what's good for HIM and him alone. It's why he tried to prolong the status quo of his choice in the Archie book for so long and when taking over after Bollers left did everything in his power to reverse the changes he didn't care for, regardless of how little sense any of it made. 

Penders couldn't care less about the Freedom Fighters as characters. He tried to permanently kill off Sally, succeeded in permanently killing off Robotnik, opined about desiring to kill off Antoine due to his inability to think of anything to do with, and on and on it goes. It's all just a cynical, self-serving ploy born of him thinking he can coast on the 90s forever. 

It's funny how Penders seems to think that the Sonic franchise would be nowhere without him, when really the opposite is true. If Penders hadn't worked on Archie Sonic he would be nowhere. He is CLEARLY too reliant on the Sonic franchise and he knows this. He tries to act like we owe him something for supposedly creating the Sonic we all know and love, when really he is well aware that he has done nothing for the franchise or the fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Looks like Penders has taken inspiration from Butch Hartman, because he's now apparently copying his paid commissions from other sources. Thanks Ken Penders pointed out this one:

1553b3c8931441d8650f656eef22e8e434dd7612

Source: 

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/629893657985744896/i-feel-like-that-bunnie-on-ken-penders-most

Huh, I'm not usually the one to post something new here, but I just came across this at Thanks, Ken Penders and felt it should probably be shared here:

2097537030_Screenshot_2020-10-07ThanksKenPenders.png.87443f712d209ef913f56b692a9f8d06.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 3

22 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Huh, I'm not usually the one to post something new here, but I just came across this at Thanks, Ken Penders and felt it should probably be shared here:

2097537030_Screenshot_2020-10-07ThanksKenPenders.png.87443f712d209ef913f56b692a9f8d06.png

Hmm... on the one hand, anything from an Anon isn't something that should be taken at face value. On the other hand, given everything else I've ever seen of Penders and his behavior... this does sound like him and correlates with a lot of his behavior. 

Assuming this is factual, then I extend my sympathies to the commissioner for going through all that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, but at the same time, would you want to publicly admit to getting a commission from him?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

16 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I agree, but at the same time, would you want to publicly admit to getting a commission from him?

An entirely fair point. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, of course not Ken. After all, this is the company so short-sighted not to rehire you, of course they aren't a stable company!

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• Chuckle 3

Ah, but what else is new? He's been doing this from practically the moment IDW first announced it would be the new publisher for Sonic comics. Every time there's news of a shakeup or a setback he infers the company is doomed. Its like the Archie Cancellation- he only became 'right' because he'd said it so often that the law averages eventually worked in his favor, and its the same deal here. Its pitiful that he's so incapable of letting go that he feels a need to do this. 

And STILL no sign of anything TLSC related actually being released. Or, for that matter, 'The Republic'. Guy's got nothing but this at this juncture of things.  

• Thumbs Up 2

So how is Lara-Su going to exist without Knuckles her dad? Penders has no rights to Knux correct? How does he intend to tell her story without ahem one of her creators? 

It would be more convincing if he made this the Julie-Su Chronicles and just ommited Knux or made this her story prior to meeting Knuckles. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

So how is Lara-Su going to exist without Knuckles her dad? Penders has no rights to Knux correct? How does he intend to tell her story without ahem one of her creators? 

It would be more convincing if he made this the Julie-Su Chronicles and just ommited Knux or made this her story prior to meeting Knuckles. 

He made an expy (read - topic rip off) of Knuckles called K’Nox. He has a beard so he’s different.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

20 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

He made an expy (read - topic rip off) of Knuckles called K’Nox. He has a beard so he’s different.

Can't wait until it's revealed Knuckles actually stayed dead and Anti-Knuckles was brought in to take his place totally secretly.

• Thumbs Up 5

20 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

So Penders basically took John Knox’s (Scottish Religious Reformer) last name and added apostrophe and capitalized one letter. 

49 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

So Penders basically took John Knox’s (Scottish Religious Reformer) last name and added apostrophe and capitalized one letter. 

I think you're giving him too much credit.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

K'Nox because  he knocks you out

Reveal hidden contents

with his freakishly huge knuckles

He’s probably say “K.O.ed!” when he does knock someone out. :D 

6 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Depressingly no, it's even more simplistic than that - he simply took Knuckles's nickname of 'Knux'... and changed one letter, while adding an apostrophe. It's literally one step away from Sanic.

• Chuckle 4

2 hours ago, Nestor said:

Depressingly no, it's even more simplistic than that - he simply took Knuckles's nickname of 'Knux'... and changed one letter, while adding an apostrophe. It's literally one step away from Sanic.

I see I was assuming he put a lot more thought into the name. My mistake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanna say he shouldn't have such a close up of the Ugly!Lara-Su, but he also shouldn't have Archie!Lara-Su on the page either... This is downright horrible and I don't like it

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow. Just in time for Halloween too. Perfect for scaring the mess out of people.

Spoiler

Why is Penders' latest abomination being spammed with Donkey Kong replies over and over again?