Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I can at least grant that the bottom half looks less bad than it did in the previews last week.  (Though the completely ridiculous perspective issues with the stone pattern on the floor makes it look like the room's curving down off into the abyss.)

Julie-Su, however, somehow looks worse than she did originally.  And she was already the worst part to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, horridus said:

It really is amazing that Penders feels such an overpowering need to validate himself via media works that have nothing to do with him or his work, while simultaneously bending over backwards to re-interpret things for his own vindication. As you said, thouse shout-outs are appreciated because everything is under the umbrella of the Star Wars franchise. Thanks to Penders, his Lara-Su crap is officially excised from Sonic, as is the work of everyone who was a part of the Archie Sonic comic. His work is no longer a part of Sonic, nor can he directly use or reference anything from Sonic, and his half-assed attempts to do so while pretending his work is unique isn't going to cut it. 

It feels like things have come full circle, what with his previous Star Wars and Star Trek (and myriad other) references in Sonic, and now Sonic itself is such a reference in TLSC.

Oh, and for fun, if you ever wondered about his tendency to TYPE NAMES IN ALL CAPS...

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1329234573264240640?s=20

I tried. It's not good, but eh. Also I'm assuming they're underground, or surrounded by a cave system above ground and it's night. Either way, I didn't want a bright light from outside shining in. What if it rains? I still don't get sleeping on the hard ground.

D1_weqeVYAEghxe.png

• Fist Bump 1

That might be weird question, but anyone knows exact date The Lara-Su Chronicles were announced? I just know December 2011.

I'm asking because I wanted to look at first announcement of the project and people's first  reactions, but I get nothing. I can't even find like first reports or something. Even this topic started in 2014.

Oh dear lord the stache has evolved to weird creepy guy at the 7-11 levels of bad. Also Spectre looks like he's spacing out really really bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fun fact about that Spectre- it's copied from an image that was released around five to six years ago.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096 -  Page 55 - Green Grove Zone - SSMB

Yeah. There is literally nothing new on this page, visually speaking. 

Also, that dialogue is just... cripes, why the abuse of the exclamation mark? Are they MEANT to be yelling at each other? Cause lemme tell ya, their faces ain't really conveying anything that warrants an exclamation mark. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, uh, even completely disregarding the art this time, the dialogue here is a complete mess.  The word balloons are arranged in a way that makes it difficult to tell at first glance what order everything's being spoken in, and even aside from that, this is not how people naturally speak to each other.

This is what Ken is proud enough of to show as an example of his progress so far.  A decade of work, everybody.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just catching up on this train wreck. It looks SO BAD. Who does he think will actually buy it? Sales figures will likely be in the double digits lol.

On 11/23/2020 at 4:41 AM, therealfalconpawnch777 said:

Oh dear lord the stache has evolved to weird creepy guy at the 7-11 levels of bad. Also Spectre looks like he's spacing out really really bad.

Holy crap, look at that huge range of expressions, from "eyes half-closed" to "eyes half-closed with mouth slightly agape"

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

Just catching up on this train wreck. It looks SO BAD. Who does he think will actually buy it? Sales figures will likely be in the double digits lol.

Penders operates under the assumption that Archie was this big international phenomena with a super devoted fanbase. He frequently brings up the longevity of the Archie book as proof of the dedication of its readership, and he's not incorrect in that the Archie Sonic comic's readership was indeed pretty devoted.

The problem is that A) He believes that readership is much more widespread and that the Archie book is much more famous than it actually was, and B ) He either doesn't get or REFUSES to understand that the primary draw was the fact it was a SONIC book and that its fortunes always tied into the franchise. He sees the Archie Sonic book as having been independently popular from the games, and as such? He's basically expecting that all those people who liked his stuff on the book would eagerly take it without the Sonic context, when frankly that just isn't true, and that's without getting into how badly he's alienated the former readership of the book since the conclusion of the trial. 

9 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Holy crap, look at that huge range of expressions, from "eyes half-closed" to "eyes half-closed with mouth slightly agape"

What can be said? Convincingly conveying anything genuine just isn't Penders' forte as a creative. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Hey it's been a while and I can't reasonably catch up on everything.

Has Penders finally released this dumbass thing?

10 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Nope. Just more preview crap, and little hint of when exactly this is meant to come out. 

1 minute ago, horridus said:

Nope. Just more preview crap, and little hint of when exactly this is meant to come out. 

Well, happy page 420 of the Lara-Su thread, everyone! At least we have each other.

8 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Its in a permanent state of coming out in 3 months and also barely started.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Man, what I wouldn't give to have life so financially secure that I could waste nearly a decade on a comic without a single release and not live in a cardboard box.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

Okay I do think I could find it again but I think Ken said if he was still head writer then the mecha Sally wouldn’t have happened and instead it would have led to a world war between the Eggman empire and the brotherhood, does anyone know if Ken gave more details please

1 hour ago, Leebo4 said:

Okay I do think I could find it again but I think Ken said if he was still head writer then the mecha Sally wouldn’t have happened and instead it would have led to a world war between the Eggman empire and the brotherhood, does anyone know if Ken gave more details please

It was the Dark Legion, not the Brotherhood. Something, funnily enough, he never bothered to mention on his forum when giving a rundown of his intended plans for the book anyway. Beyond that he has never really gone in-depth into what his plans for that one were, and frankly given his stated belief that the Legion could 'eat Eggman and any version of him for lunch', I'm gonna guess that it wasn't going to amount to much of anything. Not unlike the rest of his 'big ideas'. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

The idea that the Dark Legion - a small group of technology using echidnas who are so incompetent that they make elaborate political schemes that even in the story, the main characters basically admit "eh, it won't really matter if they win or not" would be capable of taking on the Eggman Empire is beyond laughable.

Return to Angel Island is a FAR more accurate depiction of what would've happened if the plotline was realistically told, and we all know what Penders thinks of that arc.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, horridus said:

It was the Dark Legion, not the Brotherhood. Something, funnily enough, he never bothered to mention on his forum when giving a rundown of his intended plans for the book anyway. Beyond that he has never really gone in-depth into what his plans for that one were, and frankly given his stated belief that the Legion could 'eat Eggman and any version of him for lunch', I'm gonna guess that it wasn't going to amount to much of anything. Not unlike the rest of his 'big ideas'. 

Thanks 

14 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Return to Angel Island is a FAR more accurate depiction of what would've happened if the plotline was realistically told, and we all know what Penders thinks of that arc.

I actually haven't heard about what he thinks regarding that. I could probably guess, but humor me still.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I actually haven't heard about what he thinks regarding that. I could probably guess, but humor me still.

He considers that arc a “hissy fit” to undermine his work. He really hated it because it ruined HIS status quo.