Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

That's a point. Lien-Da doesn't seem to have aged a day in M25/30YL, and she's supposed to be 63! (Source: Mobius Encyclopedia)

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a point. Lien-Da doesn't seem to have aged a day in M25/30YL, and she's supposed to be 63! (Source: Mobius Encyclopedia)

Must be her diva-ousness...

• Thumbs Up 1

So since Penders own ALL of his characters and will be altered beyond recognition, what on earth does he intend to with Sonic the Hedgehog's parents and the rest of Sally's family in this pseudo-"Echyd'nya" world of his?

And if the old continuity can never be restored, I sure as hell pray that Penders dies in the streets in his own feces, buried underneath every single TLSC issue released and every TLSC art promo ever drawn by his hands! With that in mind, I no longer give a sh** about this man's existence. He ruined something respectable with his greed and no longer has any present-day value to Sonic comic fans.

Oh and the new continuity sucks ass! Who cares about all these mer-people and a re-telling of Sonic Unleashed! From what we've seen so far, the citizens of Meropolis are jerks, and Amy has become too much of a team mom for her own good.

I just hope none of the Sonic characters in the games get dropped from continuity and we're just left with Sonic and Eggman, whose battles become akin to Spy vs. Spy or those Roadrunner cartoons >sad.png

He still intends on using Sally's family(Elias, Alicia) apparently. He hasn't said anything about Sonic's parent's though. 

Anyone see him pulling a CWC and making thinly veiled versions of his critics as part of the villains in his comic?

Probably rip off of Flynn's work and have him personally lead a squad of commandos or something like that. Or maybe that'd just be him sticking with his original 'vision' of Elias replacing Sal as leader of the FFs after offing her. 

Something tells me no matter what tho... it's gonna be painful. And obnoxious. 

And if the old continuity can never be restored, I sure as hell pray that Penders dies in the streets in his own feces, buried underneath every single TLSC issue released and every TLSC art promo ever drawn by his hands! With that in mind, I no longer give a sh** about this man's existence. He ruined something respectable with his greed and no longer has any present-day value to Sonic comic fans.

Oh and the new continuity sucks ass! Who cares about all these mer-people and a re-telling of Sonic Unleashed! From what we've seen so far, the citizens of Meropolis are jerks, and Amy has become too much of a team mom for her own good.

I just hope none of the Sonic characters in the games get dropped from continuity and we're just left with Sonic and Eggman, whose battles become akin to Spy vs. Spy or those Roadrunner cartoons >:(

Wow. You know, I despise Penders and am eagerly awaiting his inevitable failure, but even I admit that is a bit much, so I have to ask you to calm down a bit.

Also, I am actually enjoying the new continuity, in spite of Penders and what he did to make this new canon have to happen, personally.

• Thumbs Up 9

Also, I am actually enjoying the new continuity, in spite of Penders and what he did to make this new canon have to happen, personally.

I'm adjusting myself. There are some things I'm never really going to get over, but bit by bit I find myself getting more into this. 

Knowledge of Penders general shoddiness and utterly wretched behavior makes it all the easier. 

I think the implication is that exposure & harnessing Chaos energy made the Guardians very long lived, even without all the overkill Locke did to Knuckles. And maybe that's after saying base echidnas lived longed than every other Mobian? Who knows?

What I never quite got was how in Mobius 25YL, Locke dies from cancer that was implied to be a result of the experiments he performed on himself before he subjected Knuckles' egg to Chaos Energy. Right...so by this logic, other Chaos energy users would logically be prone to the same disease if Chaos energy is a carcinogen.

If so, it's just one amongst many other things that prove how bereft Penders' writing is of consistency and logic.

What I never quite got was how in Mobius 25YL, Locke dies from cancer that was implied to be a result of the experiments he performed on himself before he subjected Knuckles' egg to Chaos Energy. Right...so by this logic, other Chaos energy users would logically be prone to the same disease if Chaos energy is a carcinogen.

If so, it's just one amongst many other things that prove how bereft Penders' writing is of consistency and logic.

As I once said, much of Penders decisions come off as very spur of the moment and on the spot, without much thought for the questions that this brings up. How else do you explain the Brotherhood having a warped tradition of convincing new Guardians that they are the last of their species, without mentioning the existence of Echidnapolis, The Dark Legion or the Lost Tribe? He does things that he thinks are 'good ideas', but doesn't give time to think about how this development affects the previous ones or the ones after. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering Penders modeled Locke after his own father (who, if I recall correctly, did die of cancer) it's not surprising that he broke his own logic just to shoehorn his own personal story into the book. Apparently a lot of what he poured into the book later on, besides just being his personal playground for all his half-baked superhero ideas, did have some ties to his family life, which, honestly, feels unprofessional when they are far better avenues (not Sonic) to deal with those issues.

Considering Penders modeled Locke after his own father (who, if I recall correctly, did die of cancer) it's not surprising that he broke his own logic just to shoehorn his own personal story into the book.

Hrm...

So if Locke is the dad...and Knuckles is Penders...

Does that make Julie-Su his wife? IIRC somewhere here said that he had a wife...

So their first meeting in real life....via Soultouch...

Am I over-thinking this?

Considering Penders modeled Locke after his own father (who, if I recall correctly, did die of cancer) it's not surprising that he broke his own logic just to shoehorn his own personal story into the book.

He stuffed WAY too much of himself into the comic... and while I can understand him being ticked that Flynn's story essentially undid that, he should not have made such a personal story for this comic to begin with. 

You know, speaking of his dad, Penders shared a few details about his family on his twitter... evidently his grandfather abandoned his father, and he himself had a rough relationship with his father as a result of this, and only later in life did he appreciate how good he had it by comparison. I bring this up because, given how effed up the Brotherhood is and Locke really is when you take a step back to look at it all, I have to wonder how much of it was based upon his own sordid family history?

He stuffed WAY too much of himself into the comic... and while I can understand him being ticked that Flynn's story essentially undid that, he should not have made such a personal story for this comic to begin with. 

You know, speaking of his dad, Penders shared a few details about his family on his twitter... evidently his grandfather abandoned his father, and he himself had a rough relationship with his father as a result of this, and only later in life did he appreciate how good he had it by comparison. I bring this up because, given how effed up the Brotherhood is and Locke really is when you take a step back to look at it all, I have to wonder how much of it was based upon his own sordid family history?

This is honestly what makes the whole thing really unsettling to me. I think it's one thing to use your art/writing to explore these issues. There's an entire market for that kind of thing these days. But to take those issues and project them into a licensed book just screams unprofessional. I have to wonder, had Gabrie and SEGA licensing not been asleep on the job, would they have been able to curb this stuff? It really does explain a lot about the brotherhood, Locke's and Knuckles's once strained relationship with Athair in particular, but it just makes it more inappropriate.

The man just had too much passion for his work, and with no one really trying to stop him at the time, he got way too out of control, projecting his own issues and slowly trying to shunt everything the book was about to the side so his works could take center stage. It's no wonder he got so pissed off when Gabrie was out and Pellerito took over and tried to rein him in.

I don't say any of this to sympathize with him or his cause (I don't), but it certainly puts a lot of the post-End Game stuff he did (mostly Knuckles) in perspective.

Hrm...

So if Locke is the dad...and Knuckles is Penders...

Does that make Julie-Su his wife? IIRC somewhere here said that he had a wife...

So their first meeting in real life....via Soultouch...

Am I over-thinking this?

Well, if his wife, by chance, beat the tar out of him on their first encounter...

Hmm maybe Scourge is still up in the air or at least not part of Archie/Sega's handover's to Penders after all. That guy on twitter that's been asking if Ken can share some info or draw some pics of Scourge who had that original snide reply directed at him saying "don't you mean Evil Sonic" and saying he saw nothing productive in Scourge at this time has followed up. When he pestered more and said "no Scourge (not Evil Sonic)" Ken replied by saying saying that "its complicated" and essentially he can't for...reasons.

Guess the high beams are slowly coming down and we can see it wasn't a total and utter victory as he would have everyone believe.

I don't think he can use Scourge because of the redesign and such he went through- at least, he can't use him under the name "Scourge" or in that design because that wasn't his work. The character is, at his core, Ken's, though. You know, before all the "Scourge" stuff came to be.

Hmm maybe Scourge is still up in the air or at least not part of Archie/Sega's handover's to Penders after all. That guy on twitter that's been asking if Ken can share some info or draw some pics of Scourge who had that original snide reply directed at him saying "don't you mean Evil Sonic" and saying he saw nothing productive in Scourge at this time has followed up. When he pestered more and said "no Scourge (not Evil Sonic)" Ken replied by saying saying that "its complicated" and essentially he can't for...reasons.

Guess the high beams are slowly coming down and we can see it wasn't a total and utter victory as he would have everyone believe.

My fingers are crossed, but since Archie had it so the multi verse collapsed on his and the Destructix's heads, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I'd at least be pleased to know Scourge isn't tethered to him.

I don't think he can use Scourge because of the redesign and such he went through- at least, he can't use him under the name "Scourge" or in that design because that wasn't his work. The character is, at his core, Ken's, though. You know, before all the "Scourge" stuff came to be.

Still good enough. Not like Evil Sonic was of any importance. Scourge became his own character that he was Evil Sonic no longer....in a sense.

The character is, at his core, Ken's, though.

He's also literally Evil Version of Existing Copy-Written Character.™ There's absolutely nothing Ken could claim is original on this one except maybe the shades.

...Actually, a pair of talking shades would be way more awesome than LSC could hope to be. Fingers crossed.

• Thumbs Up 8

Its a victory in respect that if he only has Evil Sonic at its core and not Scourge then he can't use him as a character in his books unless he majorly retools and redesigns him himself. As I don't think Sega would sit by and let him make money on a product with an Evil Sonic in it looking like Sonic in shades. And he can't use Scourge by the looks of it so he can't take the easy way out. So if he does use the core idea of Evil Sonic which he apparently owns then it won't be either of these characters and will have to be a horrid original Ken Penders character which Archieverse fans wouldn't give a crap about as its technically not one of our "lost" characters.

It'd be easier than you'd think. getting Scourge back; see, just have the 'Anti-Mobius' being Moebius to begin with and Scourge being Scourge to begin with. All of the deeper details of his past, personality and more unique look came from Flynn. It was established that Anti-Moebius started to get called Moebius when Scourge took over, as he also did with forcing the other Anti-FF's to take different names from their counterparts... there's enough material that Flynn could potentially just use 'Moebius' as a distinct take on the 'mirror world' concept. Much as Penders likes to scream about that, he doesn't own the concept; all he owns is a very flat, forgettable take on an opposite world Mobius that he could only call 'Anti-Mobius'. 

So yeah, Scourge could make a return, though his backstory and 'deal' would have to be altered so as to make it clear he was never the Anti-Sonic he used to be in the previous continuity. 

Scourge was a far better character than Evil Sonic could ever hope to be but I already explained this a few pages back so here's the short version.

Evil Sonic acts like and sounds like a generic asshole who attempts to act cool and attempts to have attitude by constantly using 90's terms and dated words. He doesn't even do that many evil things (At least from what I've read of him as Evil Sonic) other than replace Sonic and start being a cheating asshole to every girl in Mobius.

Scourge on the other hand? He has Sonic's negative aspects plus positive aspects reversed. Sonic fights for his friends and freedom, Scourge fights for himself and power and control over others. Scourge is evil and believes that he is the most powerful and will go to any lengths to prove it. Even in danger, he still returns to get revenge on other characters shown in Scourge:Lockdown when Scourge returned to the Zone Jail when characters were attempting to escape just to get revenge and kick their asses for what they did.

As for Ken saying Evil Sonic not Scourge, the only thing that's honestly showing me is that he believes the way he wrote Evil Sonic was better than how Ian did it, since he says he believes Scourge isn't a progressive move from Evil Sonic.

Even if that was true, exactly how did Evil Sonic progress when Ken wrote him? He didn't, he was always the same asshole who tried to sound cool but failed, used outdated 90's words that made him sound dated, and instead of doing anything of importance or evil, he instead decided to give every girl in Mobius the runaround. Exactly how is this any bit progressive or superior to Scourge?

• Thumbs Up 3

Exactly how is this any bit progressive or superior to Scourge?

Rule of thumb in terms of Ken Penders: If he made it, it's perfect and amazing. If he didn't, then it sucks ass. There is literally no middle ground or realization, only eternal delusion.

• Thumbs Up 3

It is for that very reason that when TL-SC most likely fails, hopefully It will finally be a reality trip for the man. Although most likely, He'll claim it as a smash hit like he does for The Lost Ones and claim that it was other factors that caused the book to go down like he does when he's talking about the Knuckles sales.