Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

also includes having Evil Sonic literally have sex with Bunnie and try to be disgustingly sly about it (and yes, given that Bunnie thought it was regular Sonic - there’s a LOT of horrific implications brought about by Penders doing that).

It's probably long gone by now since the Bumbleking forums I believe officially went down but I remember back in the day Ian did his Ask Ian thread where he answered questions in character as the characters and someone asked about this and he responded as Bunnie that they didn't do anything they just fell asleep. 

Naturally the Canocity is questionable but God bless him for trying to back pedal away from Ken's uncomfortable writing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

It's probably long gone by now since the Bumbleking forums I believe officially went down but I remember back in the day Ian did his Ask Ian thread where he answered questions in character as the characters and someone asked about this and he responded as Bunnie that they didn't do anything they just fell asleep. 

Naturally the Canocity is questionable but God bless him for trying to back pedal away from Ken's uncomfortable writing. 

Ian did thankfully back pedal it, but there’s evidence that Penders was fully intending that. On the page, you can easily see where text was edited to “nap”, meaning what Penders originally had was even more explicit. Worse than that, Penders has out and out confirmed that the two of them having sex is fully what he intended.

You can see more here:

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/188198790390/so-heres-where-shit-starts-to-get-real-ugly-in

Worse than that, Penders has also claimed that Anti Sonic was somehow in the right, and Bunnie was the one who made this transgression, despite the fact that Anti Sonic essentially committed sexual assault, you can’t make this shit up.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ian did thankfully back pedal it, but there’s evidence that Penders was fully intending that. On the page, you can easily see where text was edited to “nap”, meaning what Penders originally had was even more explicit. Worse than that, Penders has out and out confirmed that the two of them having sex is fully what he intended.

You can see more here:

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/188198790390/so-heres-where-shit-starts-to-get-real-ugly-in

Worse than that, Penders has also claimed that Anti Sonic was somehow in the right, and Bunnie was the one who made this transgression, despite the fact that Anti Sonic essentially committed sexual assault, you can’t make this shit up.

I don't need to see it. I'm the guy who asked Penders about it in the first place. It's entirely my fault that the information that he blamed Bunnie for it is out there. All because I just off hand wondered if she and Antoine ever talked about it. 

Besides the geoffrey/sally thing and how Ken was going to kill sally off in endgame, anyone else know of any stories or ideas Ken said he wanted to use previously but wasn’t able to, I am not ta,king about stories he would have done if he continued on but stories and concepts he had to scrap 

18 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I don't need to see it. I'm the guy who asked Penders about it in the first place. It's entirely my fault that the information that he blamed Bunnie for it is out there. All because I just off hand wondered if she and Antoine ever talked about it. 

In fairness, you could have never reasonably expected that Penders would drop that particular bombshell as an answer. It's not your fault that Penders is, at his core, a deeply loathsome excuse for a person who can't seem to stop himself from sharing that particular detail when the opportunity presents itself... 

3 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Besides the geoffrey/sally thing and how Ken was going to kill sally off in endgame, anyone else know of any stories or ideas Ken said he wanted to use previously but wasn’t able to, I am not ta,king about stories he would have done if he continued on but stories and concepts he had to scrap 

Several are mentioned here-

https://archiesonic.fandom.com/wiki/Abandoned_and_Unused_Concepts

Y'know, if you're this curious and all, why not ask Penders himself on his twitter? 

• Thumbs Up 2

The biggest out of all of them is probably Knuckles: 20 Years Later, due to the context. Essentially all of the Archie Knuckles series was building to it, with it being the event that caused Locke to microwave the baby. 

The story was essentially just gonna be Penders shrilling a crappy villain he'd been shrilling before (Ian Droid, who was the villain of the Image Crossover, and would've been a villain in both the Lost Ones and Archie Sonic, although thankfully the plan had been nixed). This eventually evolved into what Mobius 25 Years Later became.

2 hours ago, horridus said:

In fairness, you could have never reasonably expected that Penders would drop that particular bombshell as an answer. It's not your fault that Penders is, at his core, a deeply loathsome excuse for a person who can't seem to stop himself from sharing that particular detail when the opportunity presents itself... 

Several are mentioned here-

https://archiesonic.fandom.com/wiki/Abandoned_and_Unused_Concepts

Y'know, if you're this curious and all, why not ask Penders himself on his twitter? 

I don’t know if he could get my message and answer me, the only tweet he replied to was me asking why he named the knuckles expy in the Lara su chronicles the praetorian

anyone know if that single issue of the lost ones was of quality and worthy trying to track down?

2 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

anyone know if that single issue of the lost ones was of quality and worthy trying to track down?

No, it absolutely is not.

2 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Thanks, you think you can tell me what happens in it please

I don't know what happens in the comic, I just know that it's a really generic and bad X-Men rip-off, and it was so low-quality that it was canned after one issue.

It is definitely not worth the time and effort to track it down. 

30 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't know what happens in the comic, I just know that it's a really generic and bad X-Men rip-off, and it was so low-quality that it was canned after one issue.

It is definitely not worth the time and effort to track it down. 

Thanks anyway, anyone else can you please give me specifics if you have read it 

5 hours ago, horridus said:

Because that would require interaction with Penders.

4 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Wait a sec I Android? Like a nearest replacement for I Robot?

Yep. Of course, whereas 'Ivo Robotnik' flows as a cheeky reference to the famous story, 'Ian Droid' doesn't really work quite as well. To say nothing of the fact that this was intended for what was meant to be his book series meant for more mature sensibilities, and even better? That name was never revealed in either the Super Special where he popped up or in The Lost Ones. Penders revealed it on his forum, along with the fact that Droid was evidently meant to be some kind of in-universe counterpart to Robotnik. It astounds me that the guy spent all that time hyping up Lost Ones as his own totally original series, and yet he honestly tried to forge a canon connection between that work and the Archie books. Like holy crap, what made him think THAT was a great idea?

Also, fun fact- there already was a villain called 'Dr. Droid' out there in the mediasphere. He was a minor villain on the old Mighty Ducks cartoon.

DocDroid.png.fce0b68a9a06b8d91d173f658e6e4266.png

Gotta love how a cheesy ass TMNT-ripoff created a better 'Dr. Droid' than Penders, even if its not exactly surprising. 

• Chuckle 1

So he's renaming the Echidnaopolis Security Team and the Dark Legion. I can understand the first one given he wants to pretend they're not Echidna anymore, but why change the Dark Legion? That's a fine enough name, sounds a little corny, but still does the job. Cyberdark Colony just sounds so tryhard and doesn't really strike the same chord with me.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2

26 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch777 said:

So he's renaming the Echidnaopolis Security Team and the Dark Legion. I can understand the first one given he wants to pretend they're not Echidna anymore, but why change the Dark Legion? That's a fine enough name, sounds a little corny, but still does the job. Cyberdark Colony just sounds so tryhard and doesn't really strike the same chord with me.

Can someone please explain what he means by patch? It looks like he is talking about a video game and not a comic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Leebo4 said:

Can someone please explain what he means by patch? It looks like he is talking about a video game and not a comic.

A patch is just a piece of fabric with a design that you can stitch to jackets and other clothing.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

A patch is just a piece of fabric with a design that you can stitch to jackets and other clothing.

Thanks, I thought that it might be what he was talking about

4 hours ago, therealfalconpawnch777 said:

I think in the case of 'Dark Legion', he might have stumbled onto the fact that there is already a property out there with a Dark Legion (and it probably isn't the only one), a war game called Mutant Chronicles. That, and given how much Penders insists that he's TOTALLY a grownup writer and his work is meant to reflect the ambiguity of real life, it probably dawned on him that 'Dark Legion' is one of the most blatantly Evil Sounding names out there, and as such it actively undermines his intended goals as a writer. When his own terrible writing isn't doing the job, anyway. 

I just find it hilarious given that this is yet more stuff that he unambiguously owns, that is now shifting further away from that source material that he insisted it would gel with without any issue. Good grief. 

4 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Do you want to be a cop or a cybernetic nazi? 

You and I both know he's too in love with the Legion to maintain THAT characterization, given how hard he welched on it in Archie after that stupid storyline built them up as such. 

4 hours ago, antyep said:

Cyberdark huh? Wonder if someone will tell Konami about that IF the comic....I’m sorry, “graphic novel” ever comes out.

It's so very telling that Penders' A-game when it comes to creativity and 'serious' storytelling yields the same results as the creative endeavors of a card game for kids. I wonder how long it'll take before he learns that that's a Yu-Gi-Oh thing?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I can't take that name seriously. It sounds like an internet group made up of edgy teenagers who are going through a rebellious phase during the internets early years.

4 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

I can't take that name seriously. It sounds like an internet group made up of edgy teenagers who are going through a rebellious phase during the internets early years.

Kinda says a lot that Penders expects people to take it seriously then, don't it? 

The Cyberdark Colony somehow sounds even more comically evil than the Dark Legion. Like even barring the over the top edgy nonsense involved with it, who on Earth decides “Hmm, I am so clearly in the right and am a good person that I shall put Dark in my legion’s name!”. If you’re going for a shade of grey scenario, why would you ever give yourself and your colony a name that literally screams “WE’RE THE BAD GUYS”.

I mean you also have Team Dark in Sonic Heroes, but that was just a name spun off the dark side story in Adventure 2, and wasn’t used ironically used by the characters, you didn’t have Rouge randomly shouting “We’re Team Dark!!”. 

• Thumbs Up 2