Jump to content
Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Recommended Posts

It doesn't matter if the court case was thrown out on a technicality (which if the above post is to be believed - it was dismissed twice, so that's very doubtful), he still lost, which means he got ownership of jack shit.

It must be a nice reality to live in where you say bullshit and somehow it's true, because that seems to be the one Ken lives in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

He just says things at this point, doesn't he

But you don't understand Zay, people on Bioware forums in 2008 said there's some similarities!

Because apparently female echidna who defects from evil echidnas is so original that it warrants Ken Penders getting a co-writer credit on a game he never worked on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Because apparently female echidna who defects from evil echidnas is so original that it warrants Ken Penders getting a co-writer credit on a game he never worked on!

Oh, I guess we're never seeing Tikal again if he figures out she exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if he creates a derivative character based on an existing character someone else created, it belongs to him. If someone creates a derivative character based on an existing character he created, it also belongs to him.

Classic Penders logic in action.

I'd love to see the full spider web of contrivances that occupies the inside of his skull that shows all characters belong to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Okay, I had a long private conversation with him.

He doesn't own Shade. At all. He's just using the fact that neither Sega nor EA/Bioware are claiming the character. "Sega has essentially surrendered those rights by not contesting my claims"...

He claims he has no plans to use her other than a couple of sentences in Julie-Su's bio and a couple panel sequence in a story. Why ? "In the interest of protecting THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES".

He's also stalling, taking a long time to finish the comic so he has less chances to have to give Sega a "piece" of the "success" of TLSC.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh, yeah. Sega's totally going to want to get in on this. Fucking deluded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adamis said:

Okay, I had a long private conversation with him.

He doesn't own Shade. At all. He's just using the fact that neither Sega nor EA/Bioware are claiming the character. "Sega has essentially surrendered those rights by not contesting my claims"...

He claims he has no plans to use her other than a couple of sentences in Julie-Su's bio and a couple panel sequence in a story. Why ? "In the interest of protecting THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES".

He's also stalling, taking a long time to finish the comic so he has less chances to have to give Sega a "piece" of the "success" of TLSC.

...well, I guess that confirms it, then. After years of wondering if his behavior is for show or if its genuine, the simplest explanation really is the best- he really IS as much of an utterly deluded jackass as his behavior indicates. Like, I'm not even sure of what to say about this. This is a truly catastrophic misunderstanding of how copyright works, and if he owns everything he made for Archie, then why would him having to give SEGA ANYTHING at all be a concern???

And that's without him believing that LSC will be a success that SEGA would even WANT to be a part of.... good lord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relevant:

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/639064919074045952/tannersturnpike-submitted-hi-there-i-live-in

So apparently comics were found to prove Bioware did lift inspiration from Julie-Su, which I mean yeah - obviously there was inspiration for the story stuff, but to the point or degree Ken claims that he should not only have co-creator credits, but also straight up own the characters? Nah lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adamis said:

He's also stalling, taking a long time to finish the comic so he has less chances to have to give Sega a "piece" of the "success" of TLSC.

By a "piece" does he mean a LARA-SU pin-up calander of her naked in bed and in a white string bikini? Surely, he can't mean money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Relevant:

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/639064919074045952/tannersturnpike-submitted-hi-there-i-live-in

So apparently comics were found to prove Bioware did lift inspiration from Julie-Su, which I mean yeah - obviously there was inspiration for the story stuff, but to the point or degree Ken claims that he should not only have co-creator credits, but also straight up own the characters? Nah lol.

I don't know if the videos are still around but I distinctly remember Archie Sonic books on a table for a dev diary when they talked about working on the game. EDIT: The one I can find mentions them alongside other stuff that was part of the "toy box" but this video doesn't show them reading the books like I remembered. Could be another one but I can't find them just yet.

That said, even if the books were used as inspiration... keep in mind Penders used a lot of media that wasn't relevant to much of the comic's actual readership (stupid kids like me) as inspiration too. So if that's the root of the issue for him, he doesn't get to talk lol

  

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

He's also stalling, taking a long time to finish the comic so he has less chances to have to give Sega a "piece" of the "success" of TLSC.

I don't know what it says that I immediately thought of this page

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adamis said:

Okay, I had a long private conversation with him.

He doesn't own Shade. At all. He's just using the fact that neither Sega nor EA/Bioware are claiming the character. "Sega has essentially surrendered those rights by not contesting my claims"...

He claims he has no plans to use her other than a couple of sentences in Julie-Su's bio and a couple panel sequence in a story. Why ? "In the interest of protecting THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES".

He's also stalling, taking a long time to finish the comic so he has less chances to have to give Sega a "piece" of the "success" of TLSC.

42ts08.jpg

Wait, this guy is actually deluded? I thought it was a joke or something.

SEGA owns Shade by default of Sonic Chronicles belonging to them, and EA merely owns Bioware but not the game. Any official Sonic media, unless managed by an incompetent legal team, has all it's properties belong to SEGA. That includes even the echidna girl from the obscure French Sonic comic, which SEGA has never acknowledged ever yet still owns regardless.

 

18 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I don't know if the videos are still around but I distinctly remember Archie Sonic books on a table for a dev diary when they talked about working on the game.

That said, even if the books were used as inspiration... keep in mind Penders used a lot of media that wasn't relevant to much of the comic's actual readership (stupid kids like me) as inspiration too. So if that's the root of the issue for him, he doesn't get to talk lol

It seems to be the case that Bioware treated the Archie Sonic comics as property belonging to SEGA, which would arguably make sense considering it's based on their franchise. Because of that, Bioware took direct inspiration without caring for where the stories came from, because who cares about Ken Penders anyway?

It's not like Ken Penders cares about where his favourite Star Trek stuff comes from either lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sally can't be the one taken advantage of, she's the Princess! Okay, but Geoffrey has managed to override her authority several times, and it's not like having power protects you from acts of rape. Fuck me, I really gotta get off this wild ride.

 

NOW IT'S THE FAULT OF SALLY'S DAD THAT GEOFFREY STUCK HIMSELF INSIDE AN UNDERAGE GIRL.

King Acorn is already a shit dad, but this is a piss weak excuse that doesn't help anyone.

 

PLEASE REMEMBER, THE SALLY TAKING THE SPOTLIGHT IN THE MINI-SERIES WAS A FAKE ROBOT.

Not just that, but the real Sally was captured the whole time and didn't actually do anything until the final issue. While Geoffrey and his team of who cares took the spotlight for all three issues.

Holy shit, this man actually IS delusional. Get me the hell off this ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Holy shit, this man actually IS delusional. Get me the hell off this ride.

"Geoffrey only started asserting his power after King Acorn came back into the mix, and he outranked Sally!" 

Thank goodness there isn't panels from pre #50 where Geoffrey does that exact same thing, forcing himself onto Sally, and making her uncomfortable. That would make Penders look right silly, wouldn't it?

OH WAIT

tumblr_ngyyrmAYCw1u4is2oo1_500.png

tumblr_ngz0uk0MtW1u4is2oo1_400.png

Archie Sonic Issue 31, in which Geoffrey spends the whole issue flirting with Sally, Sally being visibly uncomfortable at one point, and finally they end up making out!

And I'm sure you can find many more through the other pre 50 issues where Geoffrey appears as well.

These pathetic excuses for this disgusting relationship get more and more stupid every time they get thrown out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty certain at this point he's just defending this because he doesn't want to admit (or CAN'T admit) that he's basically written a highly misogynistic and creepy character. The guy's built a self-image of being an enlightened feminist (no offense to actual feminists) creative who was wronged by circumstances beyond his control and will be vindicated with his work, and having to admit that he's nothing of the sort is too much for him to face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"See it's not that Sally was raped. As the person in authority she could have just told him to stop." Holy Shit what is wrong with this man!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

 

Sally can't be the one taken advantage of, she's the Princess! Okay, but Geoffrey has managed to override her authority several times, and it's not like having power protects you from acts of rape. Fuck me, I really gotta get off this wild ride.

 

NOW IT'S THE FAULT OF SALLY'S DAD THAT GEOFFREY STUCK HIMSELF INSIDE AN UNDERAGE GIRL.

King Acorn is already a shit dad, but this is a piss weak excuse that doesn't help anyone.

 

PLEASE REMEMBER, THE SALLY TAKING THE SPOTLIGHT IN THE MINI-SERIES WAS A FAKE ROBOT.

Not just that, but the real Sally was captured the whole time and didn't actually do anything until the final issue. While Geoffrey and his team of who cares took the spotlight for all three issues.

Holy shit, this man actually IS delusional. Get me the hell off this ride.

Boy, Penders is just covering all of his usual bases/evasions today, ain't he. I particularly like how he continues to act as if these characters are entities outside of his control despite the fact that he was the one who wrote them that way. "It's King Max's Fault", like, its amazing that he honestly feels comfortable using the same logic as a little kid blaming their imaginary friend for things they themselves did. To say nothing of him neatly sidestepping the fact that the Sally Miniseries was ultimately more about Geoffrey and HIS triumph given that Sally didn't actually appear or do anything in most of it.

And slight aside, it still amazes me that he doesn't actually get that the Freedom Fighters WEREN'T a military group with a stringent military hierarchy. As conceived of by SatAM, Sally wasn't in charge due to lineage but due to the fact that the Freedom Fighters trusted her to lead them. Like, even now the guy cannot wrap his head around the idea that the FF's were a group of friends trying to overcome the evil of Robotnik and not friggin' GI Joe. 

All this from a guy who wobbles between wanting to kill Sally for cramping Sonic's style or because it didn't make sense to have her around with her dad in the picture. Fucking hell. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

So seeing that the echidna tribe is alive and well in the movie universe and Knuckles is all but confirmed to be in the sequel, how much are you willing to bet that Ken is gonna throw a bitch fit about it?

Bitch fit? No. Passive aggressive potshots on the other hand? Definitely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hilarious to me how much people claim Ian hated Sally because he had bad things happen to her as part of a continuing arc about coming back from impossible odds. Meanwhile Penders saw her as little more than a shrew that cramped Sonic's style and fucked an older man behind Sonic's back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.