Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Ken Penders loves comics so much he's just deciding to fuck off from them forever. 

I do wonder if he's been shopping the Lost One's around but nobody would take it so he just said "Screw it! It's a novel now!"

• Thumbs Up 4

40 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ken Penders loves comics so much he's just deciding to fuck off from them forever. 

I do wonder if he's been shopping the Lost One's around but nobody would take it so he just said "Screw it! It's a novel now!"

Either that, or the time spent on making the Lara-Su Chronicles has given him an idea of just how difficult it'd be to make a Lost Ones comic/graphic novel on his own.

Granted, he didn't rule out the possibility of it being a movie, sooo maybe he IS just being more honest about what he 'really' thinks of comics as a medium... 

• Thumbs Up 2

Eeeh, not so much a proper update as it is a progress report, but what the hell-

This won't end well... is what I'd say if I felt this was ever getting released.

• Chuckle 2

10 hours ago, horridus said:

Eeeh, not so much a proper update as it is a progress report, but what the hell-

This won't end well... is what I'd say if I felt this was ever getting released.

"It's kind of like what they did to classic Star Trek episodes" oh you mean that thing everybody hates? Ok.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 2

How can you remaster something that hasn't even been completed yet?  Seriously Ken, put your product out first before you even talk about George Lucas-esque "special editions"...but at the rate we're going, that's not going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

How can you remaster something that hasn't even been completed yet? 

He's talking about the Mobius 25 Years Later reprints not the Lara-Su Chronicles. 

I still don't understand what makes him think this is legal but I'm going to laugh if it turns out the "remastering" process was blacking out Sega characters or something.

• Thumbs Up 6

19 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I still don't understand what makes him think this is legal but I'm going to laugh if it turns out the "remastering" process was blacking out Sega characters or something.

I myself have been banking on him hastily editing the SEGA characters into just-altered-enough expies in order to justify what he's doing. 

Given what we've seen of Penders coloring/inking/shading in general, I get the feeling that THIS is good idea of what we're in for if this ever does see the light of day-

Ecce-Homo.jpg

• Chuckle 5

This dude is on page 6?!

I’m in the process of writing chapter 25 of my third book!

Dude...what the hell is his work ethic? It’s been years.

1 hour ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Dude...what the hell is his work ethic? It’s been years.

"Cart before horse," apparently.

2 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

"Cart before horse," apparently.

You’d think after 7 years he’d have made more progress than just six pages.

I understand some things take years and a lot of edits to prepare, but you have to have more progress than that.

Again this is page 6 of his reprint of the end of M25YL not the Lara-Su Chronicles. 

Like yeah trash him but make sure it's accurate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Again this is page 6 of his reprint of the end of M25YL not the Lara-Su Chronicles. 

And assuming he's made that much progress is way too much credit.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Oh, my bad then.

I got the wrong idea from what I read. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, SatAMhog said:

How can you remaster something that hasn't even been completed yet?  Seriously Ken, put your product out first before you even talk about George Lucas-esque "special editions"...but at the rate we're going, that's not going to happen.

I doubt he even knows what remastering means and just thinks it can be used instead of "updating" or "redoing" with no understanding of connotations.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I doubt he even knows what remastering means and just thinks it can be used instead of "updating" or "redoing" with no understanding of connotations.

Perhaps.  Or perhaps this turn of phrase allows him to publicly maintain the fiction that he owns these comic books down to the art, when in actual fact he is being far more careful than his pride permits him to let on.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, SatAMhog said:

Idk. Ken is so focused on the future that he can't work on the present.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

You know, sometimes it's better to make a pre-existing character more interesting than to just make a new one from the ground up. Yeah, Ed Brubaker does deserve more credit for what he did for Bucky, but even if Ian had just killed off Evil Sonic or had Locke just voo doo the guy back to Anti Mobius there's only so much credit you yourself would get for creating an evil counterpart to a licensed character for a licensed book, and that's not even getting into Evil Sonic's unpopularity.
Ed Brubaker and Ian Flynn actually did bring value to Bucky and Scourge respectively. It'll always be ironic that Ken who coined this excuse fails to grasp when people actually have done it.

• Thumbs Up 9

Always funny seeing someone that went for a career in comics so bitter over the normal practice of taking the material that existed and continuing to deveolop it.

• Thumbs Up 7

"He shouldhave been more original" oh, piss off Ken you're not fit to shine Ed Brubaker's shoes.

...Sorry that was maybe a little meaner than I should have gone but when he starts shitting on writers a million times better than him it bugs me. 

• Thumbs Up 3

...you know, I always kinda knew that Penders' 'Creator's Rights!' schtick was just bullcrap, but boy does this highlight just how true that fact is. 

The fact he utterly misses the fact that the Winter Soldier being Bucky is what MAKES him the Winter Soldier and not 'Random New Guy #324' is just the icing on the cake. This man's utter shallowness never ceases to amaze me. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Imagine criticizing someone for not making something more original when your entire branding (Floating Island Productions) and intellectual property is derivative of a property you refuse to move on from.

There's throwing stones in glass houses, and then there's detonating TNT in them.

• Thumbs Up 8