Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

8 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

They're a scam that give people an illusion of ownership over digital collectibles that's stored on a blockchain, but it's just a URL token to a specific instance. Think the equivalent of buying a poster of the Mona Lisa. It's also just a really unstable investment. There's also some studies about the effects of blockchain technology/crypto-mining about the amount of energy consumption which is apparently very big even on a smaller scale (I've seen comparisons of the consumption of gaming which is very large scale, so if minting NFTs/crypto can do the same on a smaller scale, I can see why people don't like them for that reason), but that's not a particular aspect I really looked into.

Mostly I've seen artists have their work stolen or accounts hacked to promote them while people claim that these things actually help artists (they don't, unless the artist goes into the space themselves) and they're basically used as get-rich-quick schemes and sometimes for moving money around.

This is a very shorthanded summary based on my observations and seeing how frustrated artists are with these things, so don't take me as the definitive source.

Wow. I didn't think that NFTs were that much trouble.

• Thumbs Up 2

The old saying, “if it sounds too good to be true…”

All fairness, hard to tell good from meh at times. Never thought much of NTFs either.

• Thumbs Up 1

This man is truly willing to die on the hill of claiming to high heaven that he owns Shade.

Also,

I love how the minute he starts to try and threaten the legal action crossing line, Ian is immediately the first name that pops in his head.

Does he really think he could take SEGA to cleaners on their own front? Especially after the only reason he came in the last trial was due to Archie's own incompetence. That he thinks he'd be able to slam SEGA in a court battle that they'd actually be focusing on is laughable.

That, or he thinks it's just going to be a simple matter of suing Ian.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Did they ever actually come to a formal agreement concerning Chronicles?

It was thrown out three times.  I don't know how Kenders believes he owns a character he had no hands in creating.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, the situation with Chronicles is completely different from the situation with Pre-reboot Archie Sonic. The latter had an actual settlement that no one besides Penders, Sega, and Archie know the terms of, while the former has never gotten along far enough. From what Adamis has said, Penders knows he doesn't own and can't use Shade. His comments on twitter are probably just to gaslight fans and try to scare Sega and IDW from using something he doesn't want them to.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Yeah, the situation with Chronicles is completely different from the situation with Pre-reboot Archie Sonic. The latter had an actual settlement that no one besides Penders, Sega, and Archie know the terms of, while the former has never gotten along far enough. From what Adamis has said, Penders knows he doesn't own and can't use Shade. His comments on twitter are probably just to gaslight fans and try to scare Sega and IDW from using something he doesn't want them to.

Yeah, he's playing chicken with Sega and IDW when it comes to Shade.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, goldenchimchar said:

It was thrown out three times.  I don't know how Kenders believes he owns a character he had no hands in creating.

Ah, so he's straight up just lying then. Imagine doing that, going on the Internet and telling lies. Pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Similar addendum when one of the pages from the encyclospeedia mentioned Chronicles 

And then they added Shade to Forces Speed Battle.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, regarding the lawsuit against SEGA regarding Sonic Chronicles, did Ken win that case or did he lose that case?

4 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, regarding the lawsuit against SEGA regarding Sonic Chronicles, did Ken win that case or did he lose that case?

Here’s your answers kinda:

1 hour ago, goldenchimchar said:

1 hour ago, GentlemanX said:

If they never include Shade in a Sonic Team game, it'll be because she wasn't made by them. But I wish they would just to prove him wrong.

• Thumbs Up 6

In other fun news the app got broken.

I've been expecting this for a while with how regularly phones are updated and how long this has been in development.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

I don't think Ken realises that Sega has to approve everything after what he did. Ian has to work his butt off, imagine Ken trying to run this thing.

Everyone should use Shade right now in fan projects just to spit on him.

• Chuckle 7

6 hours ago, Demon Slayer Ultima said:

Similar addendum when one of the pages from the encyclospeedia mentioned Chronicles 

And then they added Shade to Forces Speed Battle.

Yeah, because Shade came from a game that didn't sell well enough to be continued or even acknowledged. If Sonic Chronicles did well enough I'm sure Shade would at the very least be allowed pop up every so often similar to the Babylon Rogues.

I guess for Ken it's easier to pretend SEGA's too afraid to use her than to accept that her game that was loosely based off his work was bad.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Yeah, because Shade came from a game that didn't sell well enough to be continued or even acknowledged. If Sonic Chronicles did well enough I'm sure Shade would at the very least be allowed pop up every so often similar to the Babylon Rogues.

I guess for Ken it's easier to pretend SEGA's too afraid to use her than to accept that her game that was loosely based off his work was bad.

Wonder how hard it's gonna hit him if/when Shade shows up in Speed Forces Battle.

That game is essentially the wild west with who they'll bring in these days.

• Thumbs Up 7

7 minutes ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Not to mention the cliffhanger ending.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If you can believe it, apparently it’s both more complicated and even sillier than just trying to rile people up:

https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/668536001726234624/im-biting-my-tongue-and-its-honestly-not-worth

So I found the exact tweet doc that covers this and boy it’s a doozy.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 minutes ago, horridus said:

I don't think it'd make much difference even if SEGA said it outright. Remember when the Sonic movie was first in the works? Penders insisted it'd never happen. Then the posters came out, and he insisted it'd go straight to Netflix rather than get a theatrical release. His reaction and view of this information is utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things given that he has a history of just straight up ignoring things that are inconvenient to him. 

Yeah, he was kind of deathly quiet when the movie turned out to be a success.

• Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, he was kind of deathly quiet when the movie turned out to be a success.

I didn't even think that he would even care about the movie...

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I didn't even think that he would even care about the movie...

Sonic being successful without his involvement hurts him.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Razule said:

Sonic being successful without his involvement hurts him.

Yep!  Notice how he barely mentions the movie at all in his tweets...