Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Oh no, According to Ken, none of his characters have any design relation to Knuckles, despite any proof that people show him.

And yes, he has actually said none of his designs are related to Knuckles even when he got presented with two different pictures that shows Knuckles' kind side by side. -facepalm-

I'm surprised he doesn't just blame the artists for that. Seriously, people point out the gratuitous references to Star Wars/Trek/What Have You? He keeps claiming its because the artists were fans and it was out of his hands. 

That doesn't really surprise me, one of the things that really piss me off about him is how he claims nothing is ever his fault. The Lost Ones being a complete and utter flop?, Knuckles Sales Numbers not being as great as he says, etc. He seems to just throw all logic, all facts, and all proof out the window and can never consider that It was his own writing skills that was the problem, not anyone else.

Wait...Penders wanted to make a Sonic manga reboot? o__o Lemme guess, was it going to look something like this?

STH94.jpg

Or this??

tumblr_lxvbhd2xYs1rnsvazo1_500.png

Thank GOD that never came to fruition then!

HOW DID THEY EVER EVEN THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? THAT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING I'D SEE IN MY NIGHTMARES, TO BE HONEST. I saw the picture and my heart leaped in fear, cripes..

That doesn't really surprise me, one of the things that really piss me off about him is how he claims nothing is ever his fault. The Lost Ones being a complete and utter flop?, Knuckles Sales Numbers not being as great as he says, etc. He seems to just throw all logic, all facts, and all proof out the window and can never consider that It was his own writing skills that was the problem, not anyone else.

This is the same guy who thought those dreadful images of Lien-Da and Mykhal Taelor were of acceptable quality for an intended profit venture. 

He also thinks THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGiiAeCyjo

Is an acceptable trailer for an intended film project. 

Some have called comparing Penders to Chris-Chan unfair due to Chris' myriad perversions and utterly vile acts, and this is perhaps merited. That said... they DO share an uncomfortably close level of denial and inability to recognize what is and is not quality work. 

That trailer looked shit. Crappy special effects and everything.

As for the CGI models, didn't Ken also say he didn't like the art of one of the good artists for the Sonic comics? I can't remember if he did or not and who the artist was but I think I recall something along those lines.

He did. It was Ben Bates. He more or less dissed the guy, presumably for the crime of not being around to draw Penders' shit. Artists who did Penders stories are NATURALLY superior to the others, doncha know. 

I'm sorry if anyone posted this beforehand, but this is hilarious. This made my night. Penders said that he should send a sympathy note to SEGA for the fan reaction to "Sonic Boom" as their getting the same backlash as him. "SEGA" artwork of "Sonic Boom" is way more better than Penders sloppy artwork.

Comparison:

Penders: http://kenpenders.com/lara-su_chronicles/Lien-Da_Promo_1_Small.jpg

"SEGA":  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Sonic_Boom_TV_series_cover.png

Penders You're one S.O.G.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's been brought up. It's basically Penders trying to pretend what he did, and is doing, is somehow comparable to what SEGA is doing now and thus he should not be subjected to the criticism and hatred he currently is. 

Sufficed to say, nobody but his bootlicks buy this for even an instant. 

We've been talking about that as well and Sonic Booms designs are in a whole different league than Penders' artwork. Sonic Boom looks acceptable and most complaints come from the annoying side of the Sonic fanbase who cries over every tiny change.

Penders' artwork is just awful plain and simple with no action going on between characters, shitty designs etc.

As for Ken dissing Ben Bates, Is he freaking kidding me? Ben Bates is one of the best artists the comics have had over the years, easily being on the same level as longtime artists such as Tracy Yardley! Both his Mega Man artwork and Sonic artwork are brilliant and are way above Penders' sorry excuses of artwork.

Sadly, I'm not kidding you, and as I said, in the end it has nothing to do with how good he really is and the simple fact that he DIDN'T do anything under Penders and as such is inferior by default. 

Should I tweet Penders telling him how dumb he is?

I wouldn't, personally. He either ignores his critics or tries to weasel his way out of criticisms, and flat out insulting him doesn't accomplish anything. That and by this point he's been called out for stupidity a MILLION times; there's little more that can really be said on the matter. 

That I can believe since he was comparing Ron Lim's artwork which most of us here already said was mostly terrible and compared that to Sonic Boom.

That I can believe since he was comparing Rom Lim's artwork which we've already said was mostly terrible and compared that to Sonic Boom.

Who's Rom lim? I got that photo from Pender's official site.

Ron Lim was an artist who was on the book for a spell during the late 90s-early 2000s periods of the book. He was a big name artist who had gotten famous working at Marvel, and was actually pretty darn good... at Marvel Comics. When he came over though... whether it was because the Sonic Style didn't work for him or he just wasn't making an effort, his art sucked on that book, and sucked hard, easily among the worst to ever be seen. 

Ron Lim is one of the artist's who did art for Sonic comics back when Penders was a writer. He did issues such as Issue 100 and in my opinion and most other's opinions here, he was one of the worst Archie Sonic artists and he wasn't very good drawing mobians with particular characters he drew badly being Sonic who he usually drew with square eyes, and his spikes going down to his shoes. If you go back a few pages in this thread, someone else posted a few examples of his artwork.

No, the high school one wasn't drawn by him. His artwork consisted of things such as...

tumblr_lxu5cjR4LE1qe2v9e.png

tumblr_lzkpoiCEXY1rnsvazo1_400.png

The images are from Google Images too, just in case anyone was wondering.

• My Emmerdoods 1

The pictures I showed are just random examples of his artwork I found on Google Images. 

The page that Horridus showed is Issue 114 (The cover of which is a parody of Star Wars Episode 1's poster)

I've found more random examples of his artwork including one showing Sally and others in one of their worst artstyles.

tumblr_lymul5Fr3l1rnsvazo1_500.png

tumblr_lzkp9yFnu91rnsvazo1_500.png

Ron_Lim_Bear_Ears.png

Again these pictures are random examples from Google Images but I think they are from the Moment of Archie Sonic blog/Tumblr.

Actual the three random examples are from three issues from what I can see.

The first example is from Issue 101 which as you've mentioned is the one which has the OVA versions.

The second example is from Issue 108 which has a story where Eggman manages to bring back the original Robotnik as Robotnik pretends to have changed and be on the Freedom Fighters side.

The third example is from Issue 114 which is the one Horridus showed examples from eariler.