Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Oh right, because fighting your targeted audience on every little detail they find to be bad will totally result in them investing in your stories.

Oh wait, Paramount doing the complete opposite of that netted them not one but two very successful movies! How odd...

• Absolutely 3

My critics are mostly bots and I will continue to get into the same arguements with them at every opportunity.

• Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Oh right, because fighting your targeted audience on every little detail they find to be bad will totally result in them investing in your stories.

Oh wait, Paramount doing the complete opposite of that netted them not one but two very successful movies! How odd...

And yet, he still responds to those "critics."

5 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

And yet, he still responds to those "critics."

Makes me think as if he is being trolled.

Not that the critics are trolls, though, at all. What I mean is that he is like a person responding to trolls, one who keeps biting the bait from the trolls when "The only winning move is not to play." Again, the critics are no trolls, but what I am saying here is just like the person who should stop replying to trolls, he should not give the critics any attention, especially if he thinks that way about critics. He does not have to respond to them.

You know what I mean here? Again, there are no trolls in Ken and the critics' scenario, I just wanted to do a small comparison with the conclusion being for him not to pay attention to those critics if he doesn't think good of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

He should be careful about being so open with using Knuckles in his books. He doesn't even bother calling him K'nox.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Feels like what tlsc is changes depending on the mood of the day.

Can't he make up his mind?

I've not really kept up with this over the years, but it's been 8 years now, has anything actually materialised? 

Scanning over the thread just looks like Penders winding people up on twitter is all there's been. 

• Chuckle 3
  • Absolutely 1

10 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

I've not really kept up with this over the years, but it's been 8 years now, has anything actually materialised? 

Scanning over the thread just looks like Penders winding people up on twitter is all there's been. 

He's posted like 5 pages in varying stages of completion.

• Chuckle 3

Just now, Razule said:

He's posted like 5 pages in varying stages of completion.

At that pace he might have a full issue in another 20 years time!

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Well, if you count every time he wrote something on Twitter as the "part of the experience", then LSC is around the 3rd book by now.

• Chuckle 8

There's a member here who was formerly a translator (sorry I can't remember your name) and I believe they said it was closer to 16 or 17 pages. Which is still nowhere close to the projected amount.

I saw "Ken Penders" trending on Twitter and immediately came here. It's like an old cowboy movie where the one guy runs into the saloon to warn everybody that the outlaws are back.

Edit: Oh, it's for whatever this "BoingKid" thing is... which... what?

26 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

There's a member here who was formerly a translator (sorry I can't remember your name) and I believe they said it was closer to 16 or 17 pages. Which is still nowhere close to the projected amount.

I believe that was AdamisFox?

• Thumbs Up 1

So, a really shitty publicity stunt in other words?

• Chuckle 2

4 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

So, a really shitty publicity stunt in other words?

What's funny is that at first, I thought this was referring to the last decade of TLSC buzz.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic doesn't use a gun for the same reason Goku doesn't; his pride won't allow it. 

He gets greater satisfaction from testing the limits of his physical ability. 

People forget about that Great War story because - 

• Ran during a time of the book's unpopularity (the gap between Robotnik's death and the introduction of Eggman)
  • It was not an interesting story to begin with
  • Had no SegaSonic Characters in it 
  • It was a backup 
  • Ran over 20 years ago 

So yeah; people may forget.

Expecting even your fans to remember footnotes like that is silly. 

Comparing a story about cartoon echidna's giving up weapons to a real life event is in bad taste.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Comparing a story about cartoon echidna's giving up weapons to a real life event is in bad taste.

Welcome to Penders Avenue, given that this has been his MO for the last few months.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Months?

Yeah, he's lately been likening real life tragedies to his work to somehow make it seem brilliant lately.

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, he's lately been likening real life tragedies to his work to somehow make it seem brilliant lately.

I honestly thought he'd been doing that for years now.

2 minutes ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

I honestly thought he'd been doing that for years now.

That's a possibility. He's just gotten especially obnoxious about it in the past few months, especially when he tries to tie it into current events.