Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

The countdown has begun...

For those still interested in keeping up with whatever the heck he puts out, might want to screenshot his relevant tweets before they disappear for good.

Hmmm...I wonder if he's removing his Twitter because of the whole situation with Elon Musk or is it because of all the controversy he's getting over on Twitter?

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

It's the end of an era, then. If he's not on those places, he might as well be off the internet.

Well, at least he won't be causing any more problems from this point forward.

Are you kidding? The insular nature of discord means everything we know about this man's personality is going to become even more exaggerated. He just won't (or wouldn't, I have no faith in him to stick to his word) have a widespread outlet for it. We're just transitioning from seeing his nasty tweets directly to seeing screenshots of his nasty discord antics from whichever poor sod decides to take the fall and be an "insider".

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

The countdown has begun...

For those still interested in keeping up with whatever the heck he puts out, might want to screenshot his relevant tweets before they disappear for good.

Fire up the wayback machine I guess…

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Are you kidding? The insular nature of discord means everything we know about this man's personality is going to become even more exaggerated. He just won't (or wouldn't, I have no faith in him to stick to his word) have a widespread outlet for it. We're just transitioning from seeing his nasty tweets directly to seeing screenshots of his nasty discord antics from whichever poor sod decides to take the fall and be an "insider".

Yeah, but who here is gonna be able to stomach joining his Discord channel to get those screenshots?

4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Hmmm...I wonder if he's removing his Twitter because of the whole situation with Elon Musk or is it because of all the controversy he's getting over on Twitter?

A combination of things. All that, he wants to look like he's making a bold statement, and I wouldn't be surprised of he's this as a thinly veiled excuse to duck and dodge criticism. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly at this point, it’s a mixed blessing that he’s retreating from social media.  For starters, he won’t be posting any of his nasty awful statements or ideas like the NFTs and the Scourge comic.  In addition, he’s lost some of his fascination because now all he talks about is politics.  And finally, some of the bullying he was getting were starting to really cross some lines.  Not even he deserves the level of harassment he‘s starting to get now.  Good god.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, babsiwuff said:

Honestly at this point, it’s a mixed blessing that he’s retreating from social media.  For starters, he won’t be posting any of his nasty awful statements or ideas like the NFTs and the Scourge comic.  In addition, he’s lost some of his fascination because now all he talks about is politics.  And finally, some of the bullying he was getting were starting to really cross some lines.  Not even he deserves the level of harassment he‘s starting to get now.  Good god.

I do wonder if he's still going to do the Lara Su Chronicles at this point.  If all he's talking about is politics, then I doubt he's going to continue the Lara Su Chronicles at this point, especially with all the dirt that's been thrown at him over the years.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I do wonder if he's still going to do the Lara Su Chronicles at this point.  If all he's talking about is politics, then I doubt he's going to continue the Lara Su Chronicles at this point, especially with all the dirt that's been thrown at him over the years.

It’s now been over 10 years.  We’re never going to see that comic, and Ken knows it.

Meanwhile, the Archie comic completed a pretty solid run without him, and after that folded, we got the IDW series which is amazing, and includes all the best writers and artists from the Archie books.  We also have a new game, two movies, a beautiful animation that puts Knuckles in the spotlight beautifully, and a Netflix series coming out next month.

Maybe it’s time we let Ken’s antics go and moved on to focus on official stuff that’s actually coming out.

• Thumbs Up 5

30 minutes ago, babsiwuff said:

It’s now been over 10 years.  We’re never going to see that comic, and Ken knows it.

Meanwhile, the Archie comic completed a pretty solid run without him, and after that folded, we got the IDW series which is amazing, and includes all the best writers and artists from the Archie books.  We also have a new game, two movies, a beautiful animation that puts Knuckles in the spotlight beautifully, and a Netflix series coming out next month.

Maybe it’s time we let Ken’s antics go and moved on to focus on official stuff that’s actually coming out.

Finally, we can embrace the morning sun and move forward to the next day. Hopefully. 

49 minutes ago, babsiwuff said:

Yeah, hopefully now that Ken is moving on to something else, maybe we can start focusing all our attention on the upcoming projects for the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2022 at 5:28 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Pretty much. This is a recent statement from him on his site:

https://kenpenders.com/?m=202211

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Pretty much. This is a recent statement from him on his site:

https://kenpenders.com/?m=202211

I find it rather amusing that he's trying to act as if twitter, specifically HIS twitter, only became a toxic place to be after the buyout. Not that I consider it a good thing mind you, but trying to frame it as a recent thing is just hilariously dishonest given the number of shitstorms he brought down on himself. 

14 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

I think once that ten year mark hit, it just sorta became unspoken that he really, really wasn't going to ever go through with any of his grandiose ambitions or projects. In the ten years since he first announced this project, we are no closer now than we were then to knowing when this is coming out, and the various lackluster 'updates' in the interval have done nothing to make it any clearer. 

Its not impossible it will come out, some day, but it wouldn't surprise me if this thread just kinda goes dormant now. Cuz honestly, if he wants to slink off to Discord and have the utterly captive audience his heart really wanted, then maybe it'd be best to let him just live in his stupid little fantasy land and embrace the stuff we actually care about, as you've said. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd say Ken's better off just sticking to platforms where real time interaction isn't a thing or if he really wants to use Discord put his private server behind a pay wall. I'd imagine less immoral trolls would be willing to harass him if doing so would come at the cost of wasting money.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

I'd say Ken's better off just sticking to platforms where real time interaction isn't a thing or if he really wants to use Discord put his private server behind a pay wall. I'd imagine less immoral trolls would be willing to harass him if doing so would come at the cost of wasting money.

I think ultimately he'd be better off making some kind of invite only forum. It'd be a lot more manageable than a discord server, that's for certain, and its what he's used to. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, horridus said:

I think ultimately he'd be better off making some kind of invite only forum. It'd be a lot more manageable than a discord server, that's for certain, and its what he's used to. 

Interestingly enough, this might just end up starving him of the kind of attention he wants, especially when few people opt in to actually support him unironically.

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Interestingly enough, this might just end up starving him of the kind of attention he wants, especially when few people opt in to actually support him unironically.

And that's the crux of why he'd stay on Twitter for so long, even as people called out the insanity of his little crusade, isn't it?

The guy can't stand the idea that he's irrelevant, but he's so unwilling to make any effort to foster any genuinely good will (and has burned so many bridges with his antics) that he can't really get himself out of the hole of his own making.

• Thumbs Up 1

This isn't really a surprising turn of events, honestly. Penders has only ever been interested in having praise lapped onto himself. A private echo chamber where he can approve only those who will praise him endlessly without question that he can veto at will seems right up his alley.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

And that's the crux of why he'd stay on Twitter for so long, even as people called out the insanity of his little crusade, isn't it?

The guy can't stand the idea that he's irrelevant, but he's so unwilling to make any effort to foster any genuinely good will (and has burned so many bridges with his antics) that he can't really get himself out of the hole of his own making.

Of course, if he goes to Discord, he's going to become even more irrelevant because most people are not going to join his "Invite Only" Discord and therefore, he might as well be off the internet completely at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Of course, if he goes to Discord, he's going to become even more irrelevant because most people are not going to join his "Invite Only" Discord and therefore, he might as well be off the internet completely at this point.

When you put it like that, Twitter really was his only major lifeline that I know of. I don't even remember if he has a forum anymore.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

When you put it like that, Twitter really was his only major lifeline that I know of. I don't even remember if he has a forum anymore.

That forum was a dead-end at best. He sure doesn't seem to bring it up these days.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

No, the old forum he had in the past has been gone for years. From his statements, he may try to bring another message board on his site as well as Discord, though without set rules, mods, and a plan, it's going to fall apart like the last attempt.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

No, the old forum he had in the past has been gone for years. From his statements, he may try to bring another message board on his site as well as Discord, though without set rules, mods, and a plan, it's going to fall apart like the last attempt.

You know, that might be the crux of the issue- who does he even HAVE that could serve as a mod for him? BobR was the only Mod his forum had when it was still around, and Penders never bothered to really promote anyone else to the position after BobR passed on. I can't think of anyone at the moment he's close enough to within his fanbase who'd be trusted to be any kind of mod, especially after the thing with the leaks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It literally just dawned on me but Ken should really leave his Facebook and Twitter up because if he deactivates either it'll make it that much easier for some people to impersonate him.