Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

36 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

That...seems strangely specific. Wonder what that's about?

Could be another scourge related project he’s licensed for, would have to actively try to turn out worse than the last one

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

That...seems strangely specific. Wonder what that's about?

Penders has repeatedly opined he was going to do something from Scourge's perspective. God only knows why given that we all know Evil Sonic sure as hell wasn't a part of this. We'll just have to wait and see though. We've had deadlines before. We've also had deadlines he failed to meet before, over and over. 

• Thumbs Up 1

His wording seems to imply he can't use Scourge either, so I assume it has to do with that licensing deal he had a couple years ago. That date coincides around the time that shitty Scourge comic was announced. Maybe something regarding he'd let people do whatever they wanted with characters he wasn't directly using and in turn he just wouldn't use them at all until a certain time (two years if I had to guess).

It seems a bit weird either way because that deal was presumably called off when the team canceled the project a week later, but maybe he left the door open if they decided to keep going. All speculation though.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

His wording seems to imply he can't use Scourge either, so I assume it has to do with that licensing deal he had a couple years ago. That date coincides around the time that shitty Scourge comic was announced. Maybe something regarding he'd let people do whatever they wanted with characters he wasn't directly using and in turn he just wouldn't use them at all until a certain time (two years if I had to guess).

It seems a bit weird either way because that deal was presumably called off when the team canceled the project a week later, but maybe he left the door open if they decided to keep going. All speculation though.

The issue with Scourge is very complicated.  On the one hand, he technically is an original character.  But on the other hand, he's an evil version of Sonic and is therefore based off of SEGA's IP.  I do wonder how this situation with Scourge will be dealt with and who actually has true ownership over the character?

• Thumbs Up 1

I imagine Ken will give Scourge a couple of tweaks to be an uglier older version of himself.

4 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I just don't see a point in even bringing it up at all lol, I mean by the time October rolls around, I doubt TL-SC will be any closer to any kind of release than it currently is now, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Zonic 2099 said:

I imagine Ken will give Scourge a couple of tweaks to be an uglier older version of himself.

I just don't see a point in even bringing it up at all lol, I mean by the time October rolls around, I doubt TL-SC will be any closer to any kind of release than it currently is now, lol.

Recall, this is Ken Penders. If going on meandering and pointless tangents were a sport, he'd be Grand Champion of the Earth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens in october.

I mean, we've got Halloween.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Michael Takagawa said:

So Lara-Su Chronicles' gonna be in the same situation like Mighty No. 9 before?

What happened with Mighty No. 9?

23 minutes ago, Michael Takagawa said:

So Lara-Su Chronicles' gonna be in the same situation like Mighty No. 9 before?

No, Mighty No. 9 came out.

Well, most versions did, at least.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

That’s not what I meant. I mean that Lara-Su Chronicles is becoming too ambitious for its own good when its creator is adding too many ideas for a franchise, even though the comic is still not released yet. That’s what happened with Mighty No. 9 before; Kenji Inafune either made promises that he couldn’t keep such as an anime adaptation, a live-action movie, comic books, manga, a TV Drama Series, and Red Ash, or implemented ideas that slowed production of the game and came out poorly at release such as a multiplayer mode and the console ports.

The thing about feature creep is that you have to actually have something to add features to. Penders just isn't ever gonna have anything to release, and I think that's why he's throwing out all the random crap, not the other way around. Even if he convinces himself otherwise, I think part of him knows that he can't even finish the graphic novel on its own. And unlike Mighty No. 9, he doesn't have millions of dollars of other people's money tied up in his empty promises; the only actual work he has to do between now and the end of time is coming up with a good way to blame everyone else for his bad comic never coming out.

• Thumbs Up 8

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

So basically, his own version of the "Genesis Wave" and bringing in ye olde multiverse...

And he's already planning on doing his own "Genesis Wave" despite not putting out the comic at all?

7 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

So basically, his own version of the "Genesis Wave" and bringing in ye olde multiverse...

Pretty certain he's mentioned all this before at some point or the other, but yeah. Once more, cool story. I'll believe it when I see it. Which is never, so, I believe nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/2/2023 at 10:45 PM, horridus said:

Pretty certain he's mentioned all this before at some point or the other, but yeah. Once more, cool story. I'll believe it when I see it. Which is never, so, I believe nothing.

Honestly, at the rate he's going, and how he was all for NFTs, I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually resorts to AI art and AI voice acting to get this comic and his app set up.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 2

14 hours ago, horridus said:

Well, at least he's staying out of trouble.  He seems more focused on football and politics and the Beatles these days, than he is on his own comic.  Also, I noticed that there's been a couple of inquiries about NFYs that he's ignored.  I guess he's done with that weird little phase.

16 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Honestly, at the rate he's going, and how he was all for NFTs, I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually resorts to AI art an AI voice acting to get this comic and his app set up.

God. The fact that this is in fact a feasible outcome for all this is utterly terrifying.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, horridus said:

God. The fact that this is in fact a feasible outcome for all this is utterly terrifying.

I agree and I imagine it will be something like this in the future:

"Hiya slugger! Locating story plot..."

NVgCvjg.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it worth giving this dude anymore attention? like, is he getting anything past the Radar or what?

i don't feel like anyone should be boring themselves with this guy anymore, Well into 2023 

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like he has a back issue store up and running on his site with most of the old KtE comics from ye olde Archie days.

Pretty expensive, around $25-75 a pop per issue (first issue being the most expensive). I imagine he will still have a few fans from his old run, but unless there is a comic collector with extra money to spend that is into that, he's probably not going to have much of an impact on selling those, but I could be wrong...

EDIT: The issues missing from his store are #2, #10, #31, and #32 from the looks of it.

https://kenpenders.com/product-category/back-issues/back-issues-knuckles/

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Looks like he has a back issue store up and running on his site with most of the old KtE comics from ye olde Archie days.

Pretty expensive, around $25-75 a pop per issue (first issue being the most expensive). I imagine he will still have a few fans from his old run, but unless there is a comic collector with extra money to spend that is into that, he's probably not going to have much of an impact on selling those, but I could be wrong...

EDIT: The issues missing from his store are #2, #10, #31, and #32 from the looks of it.

https://kenpenders.com/product-category/back-issues/back-issues-knuckles/

It's like the back issues are the only things that he's selling these days.

That "Genesis wave" occurs really early in "The storm". Page 2 IIRC. With absolutely no explanation. Like, first panel you see Geoffrey and Brownie with their Sonic-like design, panel 2 is a flash, and panel 3 shows them with their new design and no one bats an eye.

• Thumbs Up 1