Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

22 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

Oh my god, Ken just shut up. 

It's cute that he thinks he's Stanislaw Lem.

... for context Stanislaw Lem is a science fiction writer who authored the book Solaris, a book that engages the question of the limitations of defining truly alien intelligence by human means. The titular 'Solaris' is a planet-sized entity with strange capabilities that, by the end of the book, is deduced as being SOME kind of intelligence, but one that does not fit within a human frame of understanding. The book is about exploring the means by which this conclusion is reached while examining the limitations of human understanding and our ability to grasp such things.

I bring this up because, again, he's only bringing up the alien thing as a fig leaf to cover up the fact he hasn't put any real thought into this, and that this system he's concocted still operates as a binary. Using human terminology at all for that matter already sabotages the intent, dishonest and insincere as it is.

Though in the end its rather pointless to express outrage... because until he puts his money where his mouth is? None of this actually means anything. He can say whatever he likes about what he's GOING to do, and until he actually does it, that's all it is. Talk. He's just saying words and pretending he knows what any of it means.

• Thumbs Up 4

36 minutes ago, horridus said:

It's cute that he thinks he's Stanislaw Lem.

... for context Stanislaw Lem is a science fiction writer who authored the book Solaris, a book that engages the question of the limitations of defining truly alien intelligence by human means. The titular 'Solaris' is a planet-sized entity with strange capabilities that, by the end of the book, is deduced as being SOME kind of intelligence, but one that does not fit within a human frame of understanding. The book is about exploring the means by which this conclusion is reached while examining the limitations of human understanding and our ability to grasp such things.

I bring this up because, again, he's only bringing up the alien thing as a fig leaf to cover up the fact he hasn't put any real thought into this, and that this system he's concocted still operates as a binary. Using human terminology at all for that matter already sabotages the intent, dishonest and insincere as it is.

Though in the end its rather pointless to express outrage... because until he puts his money where his mouth is? None of this actually means anything. He can say whatever he likes about what he's GOING to do, and until he actually does it, that's all it is. Talk. He's just saying words and pretending he knows what any of it means.

I just hate the bait and switch thing he does.  He initiates these topics about how LGBT friendly he is and says his characters are nonbinary, but then when people start reacting to it, he pulls this crap where he pretty much takes back everything he said and blames people for "reading human labels in an alien species".  It's like he enjoys getting people mad at him.

• Thumbs Up 5

Update on the shirt design again and...oh boy...

Just when you thought he couldn't go further with this whole mess, he says that Alien Kanye West is "Echyd'nya Humanoid".

One major thing with this...aren't they ALL humanoids? Is it the facial hair? Then again, didn't the Praetorian have facial hair?

Also beginning to wonder if the Commander is his daddy now? He certainly looks old enough now to be the part.

It's all so damn confusing, just more attempts to get attention from social media though as already stated, he's pretty insignificant nowadays...

Edited by Promethean0416

18 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Update on the shirt design again and...oh boy...

Just when you thought he couldn't go further with this whole mess, he says that Alien Kanye West is "Echyd'nya Humanoid".

One major thing with this...aren't they ALL humanoids? Is it the facial hair? Then again, didn't the Praetorian have facial hair?

It's all so damn confusing, just more attempts to get attention from social media though as already stated, he's pretty insignificant nowadays...

I suspect that 'humanoid' is what Taelor up there is going to be called, even though humanoid literally means an organism that is human-like or human-shaped. I also suspect that Xero up there is intended to be the future offspring of Lara-Su... he once appeared in a group shot of Lara's family. He's totally gonna be the Trunks of this story, if it ever reaches that point. I'd rather not speculate that he may also be Taelor's offspring, buuut given that its Penders I can't really say for sure, can I?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, here we go again...Mark your calendars and see if he is serious this time:

And get that wayback machine up for any tweets worth saving if necessary...

12 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, here we go again...Mark your calendars and see if he is serious this time:

And get that wayback machine up for any tweets worth saving if necessary...

Oh THIS crap again.   Let's see how long it takes him this time before he comes back.  XD

9 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

That's... kind of a ways out.

Yeah.  He's not going to remember this.  Sept 30 rolls around, he'll still be there tweeting away.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

Oh THIS crap again.   Let's see how long it takes him this time before he comes back.  XD

Is his website even getting any traction?

38 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Is his website even getting any traction?

It's been defunct for the most part for roughly six months now.

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

It's been defunct for the most part for roughly six months now.

Welp, that's not really going to help him.

• Thumbs Up 3

I sincerely doubt this is actually going to happen. Penders' ego needs a audience, and for better or worse, he knows Twitter is going to give him that satisfaction more than his defunct website.

He did the same thing back when the Twitter policies were changing and a controversy was brewing on that - he just likes to make it look like he's taking a stand for something for the attention, then he'll be quiet about it, let it pass, and remain on the website. I sincerely doubt this time will be any different.

• Thumbs Up 6

Save the screenshots for when he proceeds to not leave at all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

Wow, as someone enby, the binary/non-binary shit for echidna (oh sorry, echid'nya or whatever) is the most cringe I've had with an author trying to appeal to us queer since a while. It's like it's trying to appeal us, but failing in the worse way possible. It's maybe the 101 of "how to not handle that kind of things", sometimes I wonder how he manage to do that. It shows that when he want to "talk" about a subject, he doesn't try to listen to the people that are part of the subject, he just roll with whatever his lack of knowledge is rolling with.

And TBH, I think that the whole "well the notions doesn't work like on our world" is complete crap. Dude your alien species are already supposed to use another language, by definition the word you use in your story should be supposed to be some kind of translation, so trying to map your concept to either terms we know, or either inventing new terms if none really fits, is the most reasonnable course. Doing stuff like "binary is when kids can choose their biological sex" is really cringey (I think he is talking about that ? Because I mean, he seems to be talking about it like a biological process). It looks like he tried to get inspired by civilisation when kids aren't assigned a gender (and often not even an "adult name"), but make it looks more alien-y and "looks different biology", then mapped badly some modern concept on it without understanding them. And it's kinda a common things for Penders stuff : he doesn't seems to want to really research what he is writing about, and fails miserably.

( It's also not at all as trans-positive for a story that he think it is, but eh. I remember when he tried to talk about autism )

And yeah, money on him not really leaving twitter, except if twitter really goes down in the next few month lol.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, he's completed his new patches, it seems:

Don't know if Konami copyrighted the name "Cyberdark", but it'll be a bit interesting to see where it goes.

Might be just me, but 8-10 bucks per patch seems kinda expensive...

EDIT: Adding his "description" of Avion:

Edited by Promethean0416

Why would I pick a team for something I have no affiliation with other than decades old sketches and ideas?

• Thumbs Up 6

How is he allowed to use the Acorn name for his Royal Secret Service? He had absolutely nothing to do with the Acorn name in the Archie Comics, that's carried over from SatAM. "Acorn" might just be a common word, but not in the context he's using it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, straight from the man himself. Pretty sure this has been brought up before too:

So yeah, won't work for another publisher or organization if he doesn't have full creative control over whatever product is made.

Also, pretty sure the only animation gigs he got after he left Archie were a couple of storyboards from King of the Hill and a couple more direct-to-DVD movies that weren't that well-known to begin with.

EDIT: Yep, here we go.

And he came up with team leader names for his "original" team group designs:

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

7 hours ago, PinkFloydMania said:

How is he allowed to use the Acorn name for his Royal Secret Service? He had absolutely nothing to do with the Acorn name in the Archie Comics, that's carried over from SatAM. "Acorn" might just be a common word, but not in the context he's using it.

Because it would be best to computing a single world; just because sega owns sally doesn’t mean that they have a copyright on acorn as a family name or in relations to a world of humanised animals and in regards to squirrels or chipmunks 

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope (for him) that he kept my notes on why translating "Acorn" in French would be a bad idea and would lead to awkward dialogues.

Knowing the guy, he'll ignore it :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

6 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

That's the Penders Way: He'll do anything because he can, not because he should.

Eh, I think that’s pretty demonstrably false.

He’ll SAY anything, but DO absolutely nothing.

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty much, yes. It's been brought up many times before, but he's just hanging on to the past without moving on to other things, hence why none of his projects are done and he's too focused on the fluff rather than the meat and potatoes.

Ergo, his most recent example being his "complete" design of his new shirt he intends to sell (putting in spoiler tag due to the nature of a certain character's design):

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

Pretty much, yes. It's been brought up many times before, but he's just hanging on to the past without moving on to other things, hence why none of his projects are done and he's too focused on the fluff rather than the meat and potatoes.

Ergo, his most recent example being his "complete" design of his new shirt he intends to sell (putting in spoiler tag due to the nature of a certain character's design):

Hide contents

How come he’s shaded every character but he’s left Ernie Hudson’s uniform incomplete? 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Eh, I think that’s pretty demonstrably false.

He’ll SAY anything, but DO absolutely nothing.

The reboot of Archie Sonic,  licensing of Scourge, and selling of Acorn patches unfortunately say otherwise.

He may talk far more often than he acts, but...

• Thumbs Up 1