Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

We've seen everything else he's gotten away with and is now within his rights to do, so I'm not going to so quickly assume this is outside his rights too.

Yeah but when It came to his characters, there was no proof due to Archie screwing up way back when. Here, no matter what amount of kicking and screaming he does, It is extremely easy to prove Knuckles was created by Sega and all you really need to prove it was originally Knuckles is show the Sonic Universe 30 Years Later graphic novel which has the first part of M25YL in it as a bonus feature which shows off Knuckles' M25YL design in all of its glory.

I believe the way that U.S. Copyright works is that if a company enforce it's copyright & trademarks when another company uses it without credit and for profit, then said first company may lose the ability to keep said copyright/trademark.

This is why so many claims are put on Youtube vids for TV, movies, video games, etc.

If there is any chance of customer confusion, or if it's not made in the terms of Fair Use, then SEGA has every right to sue Penders.

Hell, I can vaguely recall an instance where Disney sued somebody for use of Winnie the Pooh characters in, like, a preschool or child's playground.

• Thumbs Up 1

EEQVY3T.png

I don't know what he's so happy about, I only saw two people at his booth (though there could have been more before I found him). Sad, that none of those two people wanted to take a picture with the billboard of juile-su. I bought one of his star trek comics, gave him the money and said "you're going to need it".

• Thumbs Up 1

I still wonder how Ken can claim Sega used his characters when there is huge places Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood differ from The Dark Legion. Yet he makes nothing but a ripoff character with no effort put into at all and yet he claims It's a totally original character.

I don't what he's so happy about, I only saw two people at his booth (though there could have been more before I found him). Sad, that none of those two people wanted to take a picture with the billboard of juile-su. I bought one of his star trek comics, gave him the money and said "you're going to need it".

What did the Julie-Su billboard look like?

Also do you remember any of the Sonic comics he was selling? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what he's so happy about, I only saw two people at his booth (though there could have been more before I found him). Sad, that none of those two people wanted to take a picture with the billboard of juile-su. I bought one of his star trek comics, gave him the money and said "you're going to need it".

I honestly think he's keeping up appearances. 

I'd say something about the Praetorian design but really, everything that needed to be said has been said. I never thought he could sink that pathetically low, and yet once more, he proved me wrong. 

Are the comics he worked on any good, or are they just as garbage as his Sonic stuff?

I still wonder how Ken can claim Sega used his characters when there is huge places Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood differ from The Dark Legion. Yet he makes nothing but a ripoff character with no effort put into at all and yet he claims It's a totally original character.

What did the Julie-Su billboard look like?

Also do you remember any of the Sonic comics he was selling?

Oh dude, you don't want to see it. Its horrible to look at, I almost vomitted after seeing it up close.

I didn't really skim through the comics but, I think he around 15 or 10 sonic comics.

Was it CGI Julie-Su?

As for the comics, My guess would be the ones that just bombed big time so probably Sonic Live, SSS 15, Issue 113. All that crap stuff. Surprised he didn't try to shove The Lost Ones in anybody's face in a attempt to get someone to buy it. 

Oh dude, you don't want to see it. Its horrible to look at, I almost vomitted after seeing it up close.

I didn't really skim through the comics but, I think he around 15 or 10 sonic comics.

A pity you didn't get any photos. I'm sure we're all morbidly curious to see el Grande Pendejo at his little stall with his... abominations.

I honestly think he's keeping up appearances. 

I'd say something about the Praetorian design but really, everything that needed to be said has been said. I never thought he could sink that pathetically low, and yet once more, he proved me wrong. 

Are the comics he worked on any good, or are they just as garbage as his Sonic stuff?

Meh, all I have to say is meh.

Not Knuckles new theme song should be this.

''Here I come, tougher than the rest of them''

'Rest of them ripoffs''

''Tougher than paper, unlike Knuckles, I'm a original character''

Doesn't rhyme too well I know but hey, There's more effort put into it that that design of Not Knuckles :P

Was it CGI Julie-Su?

As for the comics, My guess would be the ones that just bombed big time so probably Sonic Live, SSS 15, Issue 113. All that crap stuff. Surprised he didn't try to shove The Lost Ones in anybody's face in a attempt to get someone to buy it.

If you mean by trying to be life-like and horrifing then yes, I think it was cgi.

A pity you didn't get any photos. I'm sure we're all morbidly curious to see el Grande Pendejo at his little stall with his... abominations.

Funny thing is, I did try to get a photo from afar but, he caught me and told me to delete the photo and if you aren't going to pay 20$ then he was going to call the authorites. So, I deleted it and, I didn't really want to pay 20$ so I went.

He wanted that much to get a picture of that ugly creature?

If you mean by trying to be life-like and horrifing then yes, I think it was cgi.  

Funny thing is, I did try to get a photo from afar but, he caught me and told me to delete the photo and if you aren't going to pay 20$ then he was going to call the authorites. So, I deleted it and I didn't really want to pay 20$ dollars so I went.

Are you fucking kidding me? He wants to charge people for taking pictures of his booth at a con? Who the fuck does that (besides him, I mean)? What an asshole.

Well, so much for that whole nice in person. Looks like now that he's gotten his characters, he decided to just go full on asshole.

Funny thing is, I did try to get a photo from afar but, he caught me and told me to delete the photo and if you aren't going to pay 20$ then he was going to call the authorities. So, I deleted it and I didn't really want to pay 20$ dollars so I went.

Wow. What a scumbag. I bet his booth looked something like this.

virgil01.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

^Something tells me Virgil didn't beat the shit out of the photographer though.

I kinda hope Penders drops the nice guy act and inadvertently shows everyone what a delusion, egomaniac he really is. It's one thing when his lapdogs BobR and FuhrerMustang do it, but it's better if people can see the man himself for what he really is: a burnout, self-obsessed hack stuck in the past.

He wanted that much to get a picture of that ugly creature?

E yep, he's comics weren't cheap either. About 60$ for a comic, that's why I only bought one.

So you could get one of his crappy comics for that much when you could go get a shit ton of Ian's issues recollected in Graphic novels, or you could get a game, or DVDs, or go on Ebay where you would probably find the same issues in good quality for far less cheaper.

As Bethany said, is this guy for real!?

• Thumbs Up 1

Your a braver person than me Superwplf, I'd have lost it with him. Thank you for telling us, your a star :-)

• Thumbs Up 2

Funny thing is, I did try to get a photo from afar but, he caught me and told me to delete the photo and if you aren't going to pay 20$ then he was going to call the authorites. So, I deleted it and I didn't really want to pay 20$ dollars so I went.

Just how afar were you? Is he X-Men by any chance? I would've just ran and kept on running the minute he spotted me.