Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Smart move there Kenny Boy. Instead of being polite to people to see if you could maybe get a few fans. You be a freaking dickhead to them. Yet he wonders why there's so much hate for him -facepalm-

• Thumbs Up 4

Meh, I'm a star trek fan and I didn't see star trek comics anywhere else so, I bought it. You're right tho.

Another thing I found funny, is that when I was walking out and saw pender's booth. Some guy pointed out how juile-su looked like knuckles, penders told him to get away from his booth immedatily. I cracked up a bit.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe he doesn't want SEGA's lawyers overhearing anybody. Though, you know, he could've just laid the confusion to rest (with typical style of backtracking and outright denial of what's in front of him), but it's not surprising he's doing all this terrible PR all by himself. I really, really hope it comes back to bite him in the ass.

Just how afar were you? Is he X-Men by any chance? I would've just ran and kept on running the minute he spotted me.

I was behind some booth with plushies, I guess he saw the flash from the phone.

Is it any wonder why no one even went over to him? He went on like a asshole to people, and the price of his crappy sketches and pictures with that ugly Julie-Su? Is it any wonder why him and the project is so hated upon?

Damn, and I heard some say that Penders was supposedly quite a nice guy in RL but these comments from superwplf make him sound like a nasty ol' man who only cares about money. Why the hell would you charge people for taking pictures of your booth? That's pathetic!

Damn, and I heard some say that Penders was supposedly quite a nice guy in RL but these comments from superwplf make him sound like a nasty ol' man who only cares about money. Why the hell would you charge people for taking pictures of your booth? That's pathetic!

Well to be fair, is it anymore pathetic than flat out ripping off a Sega character and then more or less confirming it by claiming he's in his rights to do so?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well to be fair, is it anymore pathetic than flat out ripping off a Sega character and then more or less confirming it by claiming he's in his rights to do so?

No, but he's already fighting an uphill battle to convince people that LSC isn't connected to Knuckles or Sonic at all, and his antics are just going to make that climb harder (or maybe impossible). Shooing people from your booth when the point out the similarity? Making people delete photos from their camera because his booth happened to be in the shot? I can't imagine anybody is going to have any nice "free publicity" for Penders because of this. And no one will stop pointing out those similarities, not when it's so blatant and he's not even explaining or trying to put a spin on the confusion, but instead being an out and out jerkass.

Given that design, I'd say it already is impossible. I'd really be surprised if Sega lets him get away with that design, especially after the whole mess of The Dark Brotherhood bs where Kenny Boy tried the claim that it took things he created even though they for the most part had nothing to do with The Dark Legion.

Given that design, I'd say it already is impossible. I'd really be surprised if Sega lets him get away with that design, especially after the whole mess of The Dark Brotherhood bs where Kenny Boy tried the claim that it took things he created even though they for the most part had nothing to do with The Dark Legion.

I really hope SEGA can call him out on this hypocrisy. He needs to be knocked down a peg, because claiming these designs aren't even remotely inspired by Sonic but crying foul about the Dark Brotherhood borders on lunacy (oh wait...).

anyone saw my pic? It's Knuckles.

We'd been talking about it for a few pages now, actually...

I'm going back tommorrow because I bought two tickets for my friend and me but, he couldn't come :(. Ah well, more scumbag adventures with kenny!~

*Sarcasm* Oh boy! I bet you must be excited to talk to old Kenny Boy again, after all, he's one of the greatest writers of all time *end sarcasm* 

It could be a bit of both. It could be that Penders was a nice guy in real life, but slowly succumbed to his vices as the fruits of his labor turned sour. It happens to the best of artists at times. I imagine the bitter failure of everything that wasn't Sonic-related is also what's had him so determined to see this one successful. Some of the best lies are the ones we tell ourselves, and sometimes the truth is just too frightening for people.

I dunno. I see that Penders is a hack-fraud of an artist, but there's just too much we don't know about Penders the person for me to be comfortable condemning him entirely. It kind of reminds me of Phil Fish; we all know he's a jerk, but there's more to people than that. We can only ever see this side of him from here, no one can really tell what's rolling around that head of his.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, by all rights hate Penders the Artist, but maybe we should cool our heels a bit with Penders the Human Being. That part of the story will forever be a mystery to us.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Was the Lara-Su or Julie-Su the other echyd'nya from Penders' Twitter banner? In any case charging twenty bucks for a goddamn photo, in a public area no less, is absolutely disgusting on every level. But I guess we shouldn't have been surprised.

...What the actual F*CK.

....Was.... WAS THIS THE PITCH THAT KEN SABOTAGED BEN HURST FOR!?!?

No, no! NO!

Okay, Sonic Live came out in 97' and if we assume this was made in 1999-2002, then maybe those are indeed Stephen Penders & his cousin from that Special. So the SatAM movie was killed.... just so Ken could pitch this pile of sh*t.

I have no words.

I have no idea where you got this, Sunwalker, but.... I... I need to think on this for a bit. The stupidity of the "pitch" and the powerpoint is just too overwhelming.

...Again, I'm not surprised that he shot the unnecessary bit with a VHS cam (shot on sh*tteo, par for the course), but I'm surprise how lazy the pitch is.

We have no idea how old Sonic is in that clip; is the reason he sounds like a child because it's a flashback? Is it present day? Who shot hoverboard Sonic down? Is this SatAM? The Archie series? Neither?

We learn nothing from this. At all. Is this a continuity with SatAM's Robotnik? The Adventure Eggman? Hell, is the SatAM cast in this? Going by Uncle Chuck, maybe...?

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh my....that was just awful. The lighting was terrible, the logo looks like It was created using Photoshop, that kid at the beginning sounds like It's reading right off of a script along with feeding Ken's stupid thoughts that only he knows what makes Sonic into a great series, then don't even get me starting on the voice acting. It sounds like the little girl is voicing Sonic who is supposed to be at least 15 to 16 and don't tell me It's a young Sonic because if It's going off the comics, It means for Sonic to have his modern design, he'd have to be 15 or 16 since that's when he got the redesign. On top of that, if it did get the greenlight, Old Kenny boy himself would probably like to be the one making the animated movie and well we already know he has horrible art skills plus the crappy trailer for The Lost Ones don't paint a pretty picture for him.

Jesus Christ. It never ends. The pavilion of fail is just... too much. 

And I have to add to it. 

He's posted pictures of 'fans' (friends of his, going by the names) in front of his poster and... look at what Lara-Su is wearing. Take a good look. 

BrqxEjGIcAA7R8L.jpg

Recall.

She's a teenager. 

She's... a... a teenager... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ken. Just why? What the f**k is your problem!? You are seriously trying to add sex appeal to these ugly designs. Ken would it seriously just listen and work on your freaking artwork for once!? 

Man can I not wait for this piece of shit to bomb. Some good characters drawn by the great Tracy Yardley reduced to this freaking shitty artwork. Does this man have any respect for these characters at all!?

• Thumbs Up 1

...So her face was slightly changed from the pink Grinch to a fugly pink Knuckles clone in Krystal's Star Fox Command outfit.

Pay $20, to stand in front of that. Nigh-on outright criminal.

Piss off, Penders. You goddamn pissant.

Isn't the point of sex appeal to bring people into your series, not drive them away?

All this just make me cry for these characters. No character deserves this. It's a fate worse than death.

I was behind some booth with plushies, I guess he saw the flash from the phone.

I don't mean to sound like a digicam know-it-all, but in the future, trying using a camera without the flash on, and also with a silent shutter.

Photography is kind of a minor hobby for me. As for stealth, people have said that I have a habit of not making noise when I walk through a hallway (in my case, the living room foyer).