Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

He does realize that "positive reaction" has to come from the geberal public or actual fans...people working on the project or close friends of his personally don't count at all on any level...selling 6 comics to the people that worked on it or your family/friends does not a success make, nor make it a candidate for a whole multimedia deal.

Also that pitch was god awful, and the name itself even sounds like a throwaway, Armageddon...really? No story that should ever be associated with Sonic, no matter how epic should have the subtitle Armageddon...ever.

As for the "presentation"..hell I could and have done better ones as sloppy presentations for work..and he's supposed to be showing big wig movie execs that...my daughters google drive primary school presentations look better >.<

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Ken Penders. He's attracted to his own artwork that he probably thought others would be as well.

I seriously don't even know how people could stand there and look so proud to be sitting next to these things. I don't even know how he thinks people would pay to take a picture with them, he'd need to pay people just to even stand beside those damn things.

giphy.gif

I can't believe that's supposed to be Lara-Su...I mean wow, what did he do her? Even that pug faced abomination looked better than this one, God why is she wearing hardly anything? That's not sexy. It's UGLY! ><

And the Lien-Da abomination isn't much better either. These characters are so disgusting to look at omfg what has he done?! If I had to stand next to those things I'd run as faaaar away from Penders as possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

Jesus Christ. It never ends. The pavilion of fail is just... too much. 

And I have to add to it. 

He's posted pictures of 'fans' (friends of his, going by the names) in front of his poster and... look at what Lara-Su is wearing. Take a good look. 

BrqxEjGIcAA7R8L.jpg

Recall.

She's a teenager. 

She's... a... a teenager...

I told you it was horrible...ewww

I don't mean to sound like a digicam know-it-all, but in the future, trying using a camera without the flash on, and also with a silent shutter.

Photography is kind of a minor hobby for me. As for stealth, people have sad that I have a habit of not making noise when I walk through a hallway (in my case, the living room foyer).

Well, do. Thanks for the advice
  • Thumbs Up 1

They really must have been doing Ken a huge favor to even have be near those things. How can you stand beside those things and say ''OH MAN THESE ARE SO COOL! I GOTTA GET A PICTURE WITH IT!''

Another small question as well but why is it when Ken mentions the book series or any other series, he always writes it in caps lock? I'm being serious here as well. Why does he always write like SONIC and THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES?

• Thumbs Up 1

Another small question as well but why is it when Ken mentions the book series or any other series, he always writes it in caps lock? I'm being serious here as well. Why does he always write like SONIC and THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES?

Maybe he's remembering the good old days where each issue had Sonic's name somewhere on the first page being spoken by a character and it was always written like the game logo.....I always thought that was odd personally even as a kid first getting these comics >.<

Why the fuck is Lara-su wearing a bikini.

Why?

Do...do we really need sex appeal here? What the fuck?

Also that poster is just really horrible, even as a promo poster. The logo is too small, Knuckles is too big- it looks like "the knuckles chronicles". It's also insanely ugly, but that's old news.

Brqxbz4CMAAXP9O.jpg

So Lien-da has four fingers now. Cool.

That woman looks kind of terrified. Is it just me?

• Thumbs Up 1

That woman looks kind of terrified. Is it just me?

It's like she's being forced to stand next to it and is giving a fake, nervous smile.

"C-Can I go now?"

• Thumbs Up 7

I've figured out how Lara-Su got the ugly bikini shit. 

As you can see Teenage Mutant Ninja Lien-Da also has this sort of thing so here we go.

One day Lara-Su and Salma and Riki-Le are sitting at lunch, Lara-Su is crying to her ''girlfriends'' that she doesn't have anyone to go to the dance with and she'll just die if she doesn't get a boy because of course in the mind of Ken Penders, if Lara-Su doesn't have a boyfriend, It means It's the end of the world. Suddenly The Dark Legion lead by Darthrobo Knucklesman (aka Spectre) capture Lara-Su and take her to Lien-Da who I'll be calling Knuckles-Duh.

Knuckles-Duh decides she wants to do untold horrors to her sister Julie-Su and what better way than to brainwash Lara-Su. But again since this is Ken Penders, we can't have Lara-Su being brainwashed and turned evil and turned to the Dark Legion, don't be stupid. No, she decides to turn Lara-Su like her! Aka a ugly version of her former self trying to have sex appeal! Lara-Su then returns brainwashed to Julie-Su the next day and demands to go clothes shopping and also to get bright blue makeup.

Unfortunately the shops only have a white version of Knuckles-Duh/Lien-Da's clothes but Lara-Su does not care and buys it. She then buys the bright blue makeup along with it but her mother draws the line at letting Lara-Su get her hair cut like Lien-Da and gives her the look!

The brainwashing had one side effect though, Lara-Su is turned into a even more boy crazy idiot who only cares about makeup and clothes and other stupid shit.

There you go folks. A completely stupid backstory where I wrote the first silly thing that came to mind to explain this stupid design for Lara-Su. Which also makes up a parody of The Lara-Su...Oops sorry THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES.

(But seriously, that sounds like something stupid enough to go into TL-SC anyway >.>) 

• Thumbs Up 2

Fans - "Alright, how much to stand by the poster and take a picture?"

Penders - "Twenty Dollars."

Fans - "Hmmm Okay, I guess"

(Fans stand in front of poster. Take picture.)

Penders = "Here's your twenty dollars" (Hand money over to fans.)

XD

• Thumbs Up 9

I... I sincerely hope things played out as Jason described. Wow, those models are ugly. And Lara-Su! What has this man done to you?! Seriously, are there people that would find these appealing to look at? Especially for 100+ pages in a comic? Talk about tasteless. Just damn.

As for the movie pitch... ugh, if this is what Penders sabotaged Hurst over... we should be glad SEGA had the common sense to say "NO!" to this shit. Wow. This was a professional presentation? Actually, was this the same pitch that had those awful looking digital paintings like with Sonic and Sally watching Earth/Mobius exploding? Just going by the "Armageddon" subtitle and kids talking about other planets and governments and shit like that (?), that sounds almost right. And "Armageddon" seems appropriate, since it likely would've hurt the Sonic franchise worse than what '06 did.

And I have to add to it. 

He's posted pictures of 'fans' (friends of his, going by the names) in front of his poster and... look at what Lara-Su is wearing. Take a good look. 

BrqxEjGIcAA7R8L.jpg

Recall.

She's a teenager. 

I'm a bit too distracted by Bluckles in the back.

Edit: "Destructed", lolwhat.

...y'know, there's only one good thing about this.

No matter how bad my art may be, no matter what limb I make too long/too short, no matter how wobbly and rough the edges look, no matter how questionable the shading may be, at least whatever I do with it, I and others can honestly say with a straight face, "At least it's not drawn by Ken Penders".

Well your work is watchable and the roughness is due to inexperience, not a lack of talent. Ken Penders has practically had YEARS to work on his art and it is barely tolerable if not likely to melt someone's eyes out.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just realized something about that movie pitch powerpoint. It shows Sonic X so this means It can't be for the cancelled movie. He also says a CGI movie in the powerpoint. Is it possible, he actually attempted to recently pitch this to Sega since he keeps complaining on what the movie is based on?

Edit:Upon reading this further, he mentions over 15 years of Sonic in the powerpoint which means this must have been around 2006-2009 he must have tried to pitch this. So if the powerpoint is to be believed, that means this was after he left the comic, he tried to pitch this so my guess is he tried to get this made along with The Lost Ones.

So he left Sega and Archie because he couldn't get his way and wanted the comic to be done to his exact commands and then quit after he didn't get his way only to come back a few months later expecting Sega to let him run wild around a Sonic movie, especially with these crappy effects and hokey acting and bad voice acting?

And I have to add to it. 

BrqxEjGIcAA7R8L.jpg

Recall.

She's a teenager. 

Is it sad the first thing I noticed was the guy on the right had an employee Blockbuster Video shirt on?

Hey, guys, what's going -- AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSr8KZgvir0

What the hell?! Is this graphic novel supposed to be about Lara-Su's beach party or something? Why the hell is she dressed like that...? 

First of all, there's nothing at all wrong with bikinis per se. But they're not practical outfits for a kid who's supposed to be training to become some kind of super important Guardian, a role which undoubtedly involves some fighting. This is... Urgh! This is the kind of stupid sex appeal marketing that sees women in the fantasy genre put in chainmail bikinis and nothing else -- often less than that, to be fair; just enough to cover up the "naughty" bits -- and all for the titillation of a juvenile male audience. Is Penders that much of a teenage boy upstairs? Put her in some practical clothing, for goodness sake!

Once again, he has proven that he really doesn't get it. Just having lots of female characters does not a progressive writer make, especially if those female characters are all dressed for the volleyball championships -- but aren't actually playing volleyball. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Fans - "Alright, how much to stand by the poster and take a picture?"

Penders - "Twenty Dollars."

Fans - "Hmmm Okay, I guess"

(Fans stand in front of poster. Take picture.)

Penders = "Here's your twenty dollars" (Hand money over to fans.)

XD

Hahaha, if only that DID happen! XD I certainly wouldn't pay that much money to stand next to them. Anyone who can tell at first glance that this looks like shit wouldn't do that!

The lady with Lien-Da really does look frightened though. She's almost grimacing with fear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I would feel ashamed if I paid money to stand beside that thing, especially considering that money could probably get two of Ian Flynn's Sonic issues through graphic novels. You could get 8 issues for more or less the same price as standing next that hideous thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Old Kenny Boy is still trying to deny that he basically ripped off Knuckles.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485019259622662144

Oh I'm sorry. Turns out we have a lot of highlights tweets.

Him trying to claim that all girls wear bikinis as casual wear all the time and also trying to pass off the bikini as sports gear:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485006888338468864

He then denys that eariler claim and I think he also hints teenage sex in the book a tweet where he says ''If TL-SC were a film, it would be rated PG-13. Last I checked, girls in bikinis and teenage sex were seen in PG-13 films.''

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485008125897216000

He also says he didn't chase anyone away from his stand and there was plenty of pictures taken

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485018072676188160