Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

IIRC the island was called "Angel Island" from day one - "The Floating Island" was something made up by SoA.

Because, I dunno, religious references or something.

Scourge won't be in Archie anymore. Yes, Penders managed to get ahold of "Sonic the Hedgehog in biker gear/Green Sonic". No, this isn't a dream.

Granted, I don't think this means Ken can actually use him and not get his pants sued off by SEGA.

It cant be religious references since the first zone in Sonic 3 is called Angel Island

He thinks he'll get away with mirrored version of Future Knuckles, you really think he's not going to find a loophole to screw Scourge up too?

But that's the thing, he only thinks He'll get away with it.

As I said on Bumbleking, Isn't that trial between Ken and Sega still going on?  Considering he's claiming The Dark Brotherhood uses The Dark Legion for their characters despite the fact there is huge changes between them, Wouldn't it be perfect for Sega to go and catch him with the same thing of ripping off Knuckles and this time, no matter what Ken says, Sega would likely have all the proof they'd need to prove Ken ripped off Knuckles.

99211778772dff84822843fe7e831662.png

"I should send pics of what some females are wearing in public here at the con. They make Lara-Su look like she's a nun".

I can't even begin to describe how revolting this is, not only is he costume-shaming people who dress that way out of completely their own choice, but he's threatening to publically shame them by posting pictures of them against their will. I. Literally. Can't. Believe. This man.

This is all kinds of disgusting and people really need to call him out on this.

OK, wow.

This guy deserves to have everything he's worked for ever since the moment he decided "I should get the rights to those characters I made for the Sonic comic" blow up spectacularly and give him a cloud of shame that will hang over his head for the rest of his career.

I mean, he deserved it already, but... this...

...no words. At all. Just hope that this man, his crappy fanfiction, his pride, unwarrented ego and what little scraps of anything resembling "dignity" and "reputation" he has left get exactly what they fucking well deserve.

Here's a hint - it's NOT success.

Ken Penders, if you happen to be reading this for some reason, know this - for those tweets, and everything else you've done thus far. You. Are. SCUM. End. Of. Story.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I called out penders On twitter saying that he's gonig to take pictures of teenage girls. He denies it. I'll come back with more.

Remember how Penders said (in the TSS interview, I believe) Archie would be free to use his characters if they really wanted to? Well, I'm sure I'm late to figuring this out but, looking at what happened with the reboot...it seems they instead chose to completely cut all ties to this man once and for all.

And let me tell you, that''s exactly the choice I would have made. I may have enjoyed a decent amount of those characters, but nothing is worth dealing with...this.

Technically, they can do so under the condition that the future depicted in Mobius 25YL is made THE canon future, and Locke is kept alive, and of course if he is given credit. 

Given that Archie can only publish Sonic stuff under the agreement that SEGA owns everything they make (as they should), this doesn't work on a number of levels. 

And honestly, yes. I too would have decided to just throw this guy to the curb, rather than have anything further to do with him. Honestly, if Archie had been more tightly run back in the day? I'm not even sure he would have LASTED long enough to become as much of a problem as he has become. 

• Thumbs Up 3

If TL-SC bombs, I doubt Ken would even be able to do anything. There's no way in hell any comic company would hire him after all the bs he's done, and since he's sinking all his money into trying to get the first book done, since this book will likely fall flat on it's face, he probably won't have the money to make another one. 

I... I don't even... This man is absolutely grotesque.

SuperLink already said it all. 

If TL-SC bombs, I doubt Ken would even be able to do anything. There's no way in hell any comic company would hire him after all the bs he's done, and since he's sinking all his money into trying to get the first book done, since this book will likely fall flat on it's face, he probably won't have the money to make another one.

No, he'd just delude himself that it's another bestseller right up alongside The Lost Ones.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is Penders seriously offering to send people pictures of the the girls who are attending this con? 

Is there like a comic book version of Jim Sterling we can pass this information onto? Only I think the world needs to know just how revoltingly creepy this man is.

He said he's just said that to "Make A point". So I called out his lie. 

The funny part is he said he could, but he wouldn't bother.

Empty threat is empty.

I don't know what's worse. Simon Furman, who hates the idea of female Transformers and left the main IDW Transformers series in a huff to re-live his glory days by writing another twenty issue of his classic Marvel run -- without any females in it at all -- while the main series actually embraced female characters and went from strength to strength without him, or Ken Penders, who fills his fiction with female characters and fancies himself as some kind progressive, but doesn't have the faintest idea how to write women, and clearly harbours some deeply rooted misogyny that, every now and then, bubbles up to the surface. 

I guess Penders, because at least Furman doesn't try to write women anymore (and thank Primus for that, considering the last time he wrote Arcee, he made her a homicidal maniac). 

Wait does this makes Penders a Stalker? IF so, more things to call out on!

No. But it does betray a deeply warped mentality, one that does not recognize that even contemplating something like that paints him in a light that is wretched beyond reckoning. 

I mean seriously, this guy makes Micheal Bay of all people look subtle with the way he dresses his females. And sex scenes with Sonic characters? Wtf, that's something is expect to see in a fanfiction written by a 13 year old.

TBH? Given the crap he pulled in Archie such as this;

Rutan_Salma.png

and what he had planned for it going by storylines in the works before he left/got fired, I'm genuinely not surprised.

So he perpetuates rape culture and misogyny in written word but "it doesn't count as being actually offensive cause I only said it to prove a point which is an offensive point in and as of itself"

OK. OK. OK. OK. OK. OK. OK. OK.

SuperLink, you're becoming my hero. 

*hug!*

• Thumbs Up 2

No. But it does betray a deeply warped mentality, one that does not recognize that even contemplating something like that paints him in a light that is wretched beyond reckoning. 

Lol. I  like you man Glad we're on the same sides.

Wait does this makes Penders a Stalker? IF so, more things to call out on!

No it does not.

I am speechless. I have no words to describe how stupid, not to mention creepy, his defense is for Lara-Su wearing a skimpy bikini. And again, that PG-13 bullshit is unbelievably gross and sickening. I can't wait to hear what other stupid stuff he's going to say next!

Is Penders seriously offering to send people pictures of the the girls who are attending this con? 

Is there like a comic book version of Jim Sterling we can pass this information onto? Only I think the world needs to know just how revoltingly creepy this man is.

Well there's always Linkara, but he doesn't really care about Archie Sonic nor do I think he knows much if anything about Ken Penders' infamy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Haven't people been arrested for talking about stuff like that on twitter/facebook or whatever? He'd better be careful or he's going to have new charges against ... you know what? Post away Ken!

• Thumbs Up 2

It being an empty threat or joke or whatever just paints him in an even worse light. It's cowardly and tasteless, and on top of the infamous PG-13 tweet it's very easy to be unsettled.

Technically, they can do so under the condition that the future depicted in Mobius 25YL is made THE canon future, and Locke is kept alive, and of course if he is given credit. 

Given that Archie can only publish Sonic stuff under the agreement that SEGA owns everything they make (as they should), this doesn't work on a number of levels. 

I had forgotten about that. I suppose with SEGA more involved lately, and the fact they'd probably not allow any of that (especially with Penders involved, after the fiasco with Chronicles!)...yeah, he's not getting what he wants. Thank goodness.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see this spread around comic book news circles and websites. I get the impression Penders has been trying to pull a "no publicity is bad publicity" ever since this whole thing started, but let's see that work when people pass the word on how much of a creep he is, rather than just focusing on how silly LSC looks.

• Thumbs Up 5