Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

This one's actually pretty decent: A Lara-Su commission sketch for a fan. pic.twitter.com/jd7115nToO I still despise Penders though.

Seriously, why doesn't he show off more artwork like this? Far better than the dodge and burn disasters or CG renders.

@fatpanda: sorry, should have been more clear... I meant a financial threat. This isn't any real compitition for actual sonic products. But from a general view, yeah, it does look pretty bad to allow something like this to exist.

Again, I'm not fully convinced SEGA would take the time/effort to sue Mr. Penders, but I do agree they would be fully justified in doing so if they did.

If they do however here's hoping the case won't be as long & drawn out as the one between him and Archie was.

@fatpanda: sorry, should have been more clear... I meant a financial threat. This isn't any real compitition for actual sonic products. But from a general view, yeah, it does look pretty bad to allow something like this to exist.

Again, I'm not fully convinced SEGA would take the time/effort to sue Mr. Penders, but I do agree they would be fully justified in doing so if they did.

If they do however here's hoping the case won't be as long & drawn out as the one between him and Archie was.

Since that ripoff looks so much like Knuckles, people could get confused and believe that Sega had something to do with this and in doing so have them share some of the blame when this piece of shit bombs. Also as I said, if the case with Sonic Chronicles is still ongoing, Sega would have some ammo against Penders since he has shown that he knew he was ripping off Knuckles' M25YL design where he said ''He is in his rights to do so'' and that he believes he owns the design because he wrote for M25YL so he knew that he ripped it off. 

It just wouldn't be good for Penders to be claiming Sega ripped off his characters then show he knows that he ripped off Knuckles for What the Fuckles. He probably thinks that he can get away with it since he managed to beat Archie but the problem there is that Archie had bad keeping of files and that kind of thing resulting in there being any proof that Archie owned the characters. Here though? Sega can easily prove that Knuckles is their character and can also easily prove that the design was used for Knuckles' future self.

Ok I know this is going back a bit... but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2-fUf8wBs

Can someone explain how this came to light, I kinda wanna news it but I really need to know how it came to light/was obtained. Did penders leak it or... how did this happen?

• Thumbs Up 1

You might want to message Sunwalker personally about it if you want to get as much info as possible. 

I haven't, what the hell is this about?

He was popular on Newgrounds and Tumblr apparently, made a lot of well known webcomics. Now that he's been called out for his nasty behavior he's trying to cover his ass and is signing off of every single website where he's a user.

Seriously, why doesn't he show off more artwork like this? Far better than the dodge and burn disasters or CG renders.

I think it's because when Penders colours in his work, he uses horrible colouring tools which makes the characters look like they're melting, not to mention having no shading whatsoever. Then there's the fact his characters have no black outlines which doesn't make them stand out very well. 

Since that ripoff looks so much like Knuckles, people could get confused and believe that Sega had something to do with this and in doing so have them share some of the blame when this piece of shit bombs. Also as I said, if the case with Sonic Chronicles is still ongoing, Sega would have some ammo against Penders since he has shown that he knew he was ripping off Knuckles' M25YL design where he said ''He is in his rights to do so'' and that he believes he owns the design because he wrote for M25YL so he knew that he ripped it off. 

It just wouldn't be good for Penders to be claiming Sega ripped off his characters then show he knows that he ripped off Knuckles for What the Fuckles. He probably thinks that he can get away with it since he managed to beat Archie but the problem there is that Archie had bad keeping of files and that kind of thing resulting in there being any proof that Archie owned the characters. Here though? Sega can easily prove that Knuckles is their character and can also easily prove that the design was used for Knuckles' future self.

True, and man it still disgusts me he beat Archie. And yeah if the whole Chronicles thing with SEGA is still going on, they deffinanlty would have more then enough evidence to crush him at this point.

Yeah I don't see SEGA taking the time to sue Penders, this schlock isn't really a threat to them. But at the same time if they do I wouldn't blame em.

I kind of agree to this. I don't believe SEGA will take any sort of legal action on a rip-off project that will most likely not make Penders any amount of revenue. Lawyers and lawsuits take time and money, and even though it may not be a problem for SEGA, and I don't think they would want to waste their time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kind of agree to this. I don't believe SEGA will take any sort of legal action on a rip-off project that will most likely not make Penders any amount of revenue. Lawyers and lawsuits take time and money, and even though it may not be a problem for SEGA, and I don't think they would want to waste their time.

As I already said, Isn't the case with Penders and Sega still ongoing? I mean Ken tried to sue them because he claimed his characters were ripped off for Sonic Chronicles despite the fact there was major differences between them so him ripping off Sega and then showing that he knows he did it by saying he believed he was in his rights and that he believes he owns future Knuckles because he wrote M25YL wouldn't really paint a pretty picture for him since he's trying to claim that Sega did the same thing to his characters.

Ok I know this is going back a bit... but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2-fUf8wBs

Can someone explain how this came to light, I kinda wanna news it but I really need to know how it came to light/was obtained. Did penders leak it or... how did this happen?

It has been on Ken's site for years (since 2007), but it was well hidden and not linked anywhere. Here are the links:

I http://www.kenpenders.com/video/Sonic%20+music%20first%20cut.mp4

http://www.kenpenders.com/video/Sega060918.ppt

(I found these files while browsing the video directory of the website)

Possibly Ken planned to add them to a video section of his website, but never came to do it. I had found it some months ago, and surprisingly enough nobody on the Internet had posted about it anywhere. However I wasn't sure wether it should be shown or not. Maybe it would be better to just leave Penders' tenure on Sonic alone and let both him and the fans to move on.

But Ken Penders managed to get me really pissed off (I generally am of the calm and gentle type, it takes a lot to get me pissed). He was arrogantly captalizing on his tenure on Sonic, then I decided that it would be better to post the pitch in order to help showing to anyone in doubt that his tenure wasn't that good.

Maybe I have exaggerated a little on my wording when I originally posted it, so I apologize if I had said something too strong.

• Thumbs Up 3

Umm, Isn't money already being earned off this Knuckles ripoff because he's selling the print of it at the con?

Nah, because I'm sure prints are alright at something like a convention.

He was popular on Newgrounds and Tumblr apparently, made a lot of well known webcomics. Now that he's been called out for his nasty behavior he's trying to cover his ass and is signing off of every single website where he's a user.

Oh I know of Psyguy, but what I want to know is what he did wrong. and has this effected the youtube show he does with his friends, whachow?

Oh I know of Psyguy, but what I want to know is what he did wrong. and has this effected the youtube show he does with his friends, whachow?

Given how every single vid on his YouTube account is gone, I'm guessing we won't be seeing it again anytime soon.

It could become a problem down the line if there starts to be enough consumer confusion regarding LSC, which there probably is, and which I'm sure Penders will use to his advantage. He can claim how "legally different" they are day and night, but the uncomfortably close similarities to Knux have to be intentional. It could just be my contempt for the man as a professional talking, but he knows what he's doing and I'm sure he'll use any vague connection to Sonic/Knuckles he can to his advantage. I can only hope that, if LSC turns a profit early on (likely because of that connection), SEGA is ready to swoop in and call him out. That said, as it is right now, Penders making some cash at a convention probably isn't worth SEGA's time (if they know about what he's doing at all), so we can only wait to see what happens when the thing is actually released.

Nah, because I'm sure prints are alright at something like a convention.Oh I know of Psyguy, but what I want to know is what he did wrong.

He's done a lot of sleazy things but the biggest of them all is that he's apparently a pedo.

If that's the case, then why did Penders find it necessary to bring court matters to Archie then?

Penders leaves Archie. Penders claims characters from the Archie Sonic universe that he created. Judges rules that Penders has full ownership of said characters. Flynn has Thrash jettison Knuckles' brotherhood and Saffron into unknown zone. Flynn then releases Worlds Collide (Megaman crossover) as possible distraction for readers. Flynn has Eggman damage the Prime Zone and the multiverse collapse on itself, erasing Penders' remaining characters and all but the Sega and SatAM characters, rewriting history. Penders goes on to create TLSC. Penders features horrifically bad artwork and Sega-distanced designs. Penders mentions a possible film in the works. Penders features TLSC at Florida SuperCon with character standees. Standee photo shots cost $20. His comics cost 3 TIMES ($60) that amount. Penders reveals Lara-Su's "new" father, Praetorian (blatant Knuckles rip-off).

To be fair, it is normal these days for family-friendly stuff to contain implied sex.

Though whether or not the sex in LSC will be even remotely "implied" is up for debate...

• Thumbs Up 1

There's only one thing I can remember that had implied sex scenes in a family friendly film which was The Road to El Dorado where there's a scene where Chel seduces Tulio although It is a really funny scene and even then It'd probably fly right over kids heads. With Penders, subtle means getting as close to outright showing it as possible. 

That's not to say there other family friendly stuff doesn't have implied sex scenes but that one from Road to El Dorado is the only one I can remember.

But seriously, who remembers that scene from Road to El Dorado? Funniest bit was probably when Tulio gets up with his hair all messed up and is clearly dazed and says ''Uh, Lucky God?''

It really depends. If SEGA felt this might do sufficient damage to their brand image, they would most certainly try and get rid of it. Even if he's not making a killing, the fact would be that he's associating his questionable content with their IP.

However, let us consider the past. While companies like Nintendo are aggressive about copyright and taking down adult oriented artwork of their characters... SEGA hasn't really bothered to do the same. So Ken Penders' most objectionable content (the sexual parts of LSC) gets a pass from them. SEGA's not that sensitive about brand image compared to many of its peers.

Though given this is a work that is clearly made with profit in mind and is likely to be widely circulated (unlike mature fanfiction)... I can see an exception being made. Especially with how much of an ass he's made himself to them in the past.

Also adding to the whole people getting confused with Not-Knuckles and regular Knuckles, with the Boom brand on board as well, they may decide to take legal action because people may confuse Not-Knuckles and Boom Knuckles if people know there's supposed to be a difference.

If there willing to also push Knuckles a bit more, then it's a fairly big deal.

I mean, do you guys think they'd let this slide if it was actually Not-Sonic instead of Not-Knuckles?

Then again, he may try to use a Not-Sonic eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no clue, I only saw it and thought It would be best to show it as most people here thought a majority of the people getting their picture taken was related or close friends to Ken.

Wait, isn't Bernie his wife (as well as who he named Sonic's mum after)?

I was always under the impression that Bernie was just a close friend of his rather than a wife, but really it's either-or. In fact, half the people he's pictured with? He has mentioned on his forum or twitter as being friends of his, and I suspect at least one of them has done work for him. 

Yeah, as for those young kids who got their picture beside Lien-Da, I wouldn't be surprised if they were related to Ken or related to one of Ken's friends.