Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

God, she's brave. I wouldn't even touch the ground near that thing with a ten foot poll.

I meant Lien-Da, not Ken's wife.

That was clear right?

Yeah, it was. 

Though as I said... family tend to support family, no matter how ill-conceived their goals are. 

I'm not going to choose sides over this, but maybe a photo of your ticket stub would help...?

You should have told me sooner, I threw it away *facepalm*.

Then my stance remains. Your story sounds unbelievable and too convenient, like something we'd like to hear than an actual report on Ken's behavior, and I don't believe a word of it, much as I would like to and much as I don't doubt his capacity. 

Then my stance remains. Your story sounds unbelievable and too convenient, like something we'd like to hear than an actual report on Ken's behavior, and I don't believe a word of it, much as I would like to and much as I don't doubt his capacity.

Meh, I don't really care if you believe it or not. I was just sharing what happened at FLSC with the time I spent with penders.

Well there's a very easy way to resolve this, assuming you have something to take a pic with, like a phone or heck even your comps webcam, just snap a picture of something in the hotel room and post it.

Actually, a staffer could even verify it but checking the IP of the above post with ones made a few months ago.

... that would've been the first thing that crossed my mind if someone didn't believe I was there, and as I think about it, don't cons give out passes that con-goers wear around their necks? Are you telling me you don't have anything? Tote bag, goodies, something?

Well, whatever.

I won't take back everything I said about Penders so far (though perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to jump on it, despite my obvious contempt for the man), but I'm not going to pick at this further. I don't know what to believe, since, well, it's not completely inconsistent with statements that Penders or his lapdogs have made online, but as I think about it, I'm not sure it'd be in Penders's best interest to behave like a rude idiot at a con (and I'm sure even he knows that).

I'll do you one better. Get a picture of Penders. It doesn't have to be up close or in detail, just a picture of him or his stall... or hell, ANY of the stalls at Supercon. Maybe a picture of the Supercon banner? 

I'll do you one better. Get a picture of Penders. It doesn't have to be up close or in detail, just a picture of him or his stall... or hell, ANY of the stalls at Supercon. Maybe a picture of the Supercon banner? 

He's said he's not there anymore, and if I were in his place I wouldn't go out of my way to snap a photo of the con banner if I were back in my hotel relaxing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I don't really care if you believe it or not. I was just sharing what happened at FLSC with the time I spent with penders.

If it helps, believe you. I just hope Peach believes you too and doesn't try to justify this of all things. Penders would commit an act like that, this time he has cross the line even further. Keeps treading into that murky water........

I know I am a bit late to the party, but after seeing that image of Lara-Su's father as well as everything else about this,, I want to say something.

In my eyes, it seems that Ken Penders lacks imagination nowadays. Now, not only can this be said with his whole concept of the Praetorian this, which looks like a ripoff of Knuckles, but he gave that not so creative name for Lara-Su’s race. On top of that, you know Penders could have come up with his own original characters, and they did not have to look like the echidnas in Archie Sonic. He could have done all that, and yet, he was too lazy and wanted to sue Archie to get those characters in possession. I understand that Ken may wanted to get those characters so he would not get in any trouble for making such characters being too much like the ones in Archie when he wouldn’t if he made his own, different characters, but from what I have seen or heard, nothing Ken is doing is that original or creative.

So yeah, that is my stance on Ken’s “creativity” here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally think its a bit elaborate to be a hoax, though can we see the comic you bought from Ken? Just curious the quality of the stuff he's selling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ken, to me, seems more like the kind of person who'd respond to the presented situation with passive aggressiveness and bad excuses rather than outright aggressiveness. 

The supposed reaction sounds more like BobR. 

Then again, it's possible Ken can't pull off passive aggressiveness when he's not online and doesn't have time to think his responses through. 

If it helps, believe you. I just hope Peach believes you too and doesn't try to justify this of all things. Penders would commit an act like that, this time he has cross the line even further. Keeps treading into that murky water........

Well steady on now.

There has been a lot said in this topic and a hell of a lot that we're going on without anything to back it up. It's one thing for Penders to say shit like that on his own forum where he's in control of everything. In fact I'm pretty sure that the "You don't have skills as an artist and let's see you do better" is something which has been said on either twitter or his forums, but to say that in public face to face? That's another level.

But it's another thing for both parties to say what they've said face to face which is the case here.

So personally, I'd quite like to see something which supports the claim since some of the stuff said moves from criticising the guys work to actually criticising the behaviour of the guy himself.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah, I'm starting to have a hard time believing you myself. Just take a pic of your Star Trek comic from your hotel bed. That should shut folks up.

If we want to look justified in our criticism against Penders & his little soon-to-be failure, we need to be as factual as we can, and not spread falsities about him.

Not only because he already does enough to make himself look ridiculous and crazy without making any tall tales about him redundant, but because misinformation would only help him in the long run.

I have to join the others, just take a picture of your Star Trek comic (or hotel room, con building from outside, your... dolphin costume, etc.) with your phone & upload it here; it'll help your credibility.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well steady on now.

There has been a lot said in this topic and a hell of a lot that we're going on without anything to back it up. It's one thing for Penders to say shit like that on his own forum where he's in control of everything. In fact I'm pretty sure that the "You don't have skills as an artist and let's see you do better" is something which has been said on either twitter or his forums, but to say that in public face to face? That's another level.

But it's another thing for both parties to say what they've said face to face which is the case here.

So personally, I'd quite like to see something which supports the claim since some of the stuff said moves from criticising the guys work to actually criticising the behaviour of the guy himself.

Are you insinuating that he's lying? Come'on, this is all we have left, and Peach already added some yin to our justified yang by justifying Penders design theft and possibilitity of raunchy cosplay photos. Why think of Penders as anything less than what we hate him for. He is indeed the full package. He's lucky that no one wants to outright kill him or cause his demise in anyway. Unfortunately, the fact remains that Penders has complete ownership of his characters until the end of time (and we'll never see Old Mobius ever again), unless someone manages to shed some light that could change all of that.

Are you insinuating that he's lying

You say that as if people have no reason to be skeptical. The truth is that his story sounds a little exaggerated and borders on 'suspiciously convenient', in my eyes. It could be a candid account of the guy's experience around Penders, or it could be someone just wanting to throw fuel onto the fire for no reason other than getting people worked up.

Also, I'm concerned as to what you mean by this:

Come'on, this is all we have left

And this:

Why think of Penders as anything less than what we hate him for.

Are you actively seeking out ways to crap on Penders or something? I'm by no stretch a fan of his, but this makes you sound like you're going out of your way to make other people not like him.

• Thumbs Up 4

Come'on, this is all we have left, and Peach already added some yin to our justified yang by justifying Penders design theft and possibilitity of raunchy cosplay photos. 

I can't decide which part of this sentence is more insulting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, if what superwplf did is true then I have to say it was awfully risky of you to do something like that. I wouldn't even dare call out Penders on his horrible artwork nor point out the fact that the Praetorian looks way too similar to Knuckles. So yah...you got balls.

However it would be nice if you could prove to us that you actually went to FL Super Con, like show us the Star Trek comic you bought from Penders if you don't have the ticket anymore. Because this account of yours sounds slightly iffy unlike the other one, especially the throwing up part.

You say that as if people have no reason to be skeptical. The truth is that his story sounds a little exaggerated and borders on 'suspiciously convenient', in my eyes. It could be a candid account of the guy's experience around Penders, or it could be someone just wanting to throw fuel onto the fire for no reason other than getting people worked up.

Also, I'm concerned as to what you mean by this:

And this:

Are you actively seeking out ways to crap on Penders or something? I'm by no stretch a fan of his, but this makes you sound like you're going out of your way to make other people not like him.

How can anyone (other than photos of people we saw) like him in the first place. I have no reason to like or even defend him. He took back then one thing he created that anyone was able to put good to. He screwed us, his own characters, and himself in the process. And he still won't stop. Come'on! $60 dollars for a comic book!? Are we talking about a lengthy graphic novel book or the same monthly issues most of us buy in stores?

Overall, Penders has taken away what won't be returned and has done little to nothing to redeem himself, so he gets my hate in return. You guys can go out on a limb to defend Penders if you want, but I certainly won't.

BTW, "little" is that pencil sketch he did for a fan.

Are you insinuating that he's lying? Come'on, this is all we have left, and Peach already added some yin to our justified yang by justifying Penders design theft and possibilitity of raunchy cosplay photos. 

Well as it happens, I was at Penders booth today too, I told him I didn't like the artwork and he turned me into a newt, but I got better. I don't have any proof I was actually there, but it's ok because everybody hates Penders in here because he took away my archie so I don't need to offer anything.

Is this what we're doing now? Anyone says some shit and we now believe it so long as it puts Penders in a negative light? 

The fact of the matter is...

We have a story which paints penders in a VERY negative light as a person in real life, not someone trolling on twitter like many for months had assumed he was doing, but acting like an arse in real life as a person.

And you're willing to believe that without anything to back it up? 

Why think of Penders as anything less than what we hate him for.

Well gee lets think? 

Because some people here such as yourself want him hated? 

Might be nice to at least try and get some indication that this conversation did actually happen.

You guys can go out on a limb to defend Penders if you want, but I certainly won't.

No but you will slander a man and believe any old story regardless as to if it actually happened or not if the last few posts are any indication.

• Thumbs Up 3

...Was the $60 per comic only corraborated by superwplf, or is there other evidence that this was true?

How can anyone (other than photos of people we saw) like him in the first place. I have no reason to like or even defend him. He took back then one thing he created that anyone was able to put good to. He screwed us, his own characters, and himself in the process. And he still won't stop. Come'on! $60 dollars for a comic book!? Are we talking about a lengthy graphic novel book or the same monthly issues most of us buy in stores?

Overall, Penders has taken away what won't be returned and has done little to nothing to redeem himself, so he gets my hate in return. You guys can go out on a limb to defend Penders if you want, but I certainly won't.

BTW, "little" is that pencil sketch he did for a fan.

OK, while I have no love or sympathy for Penders, even I think there's such a thing as going too far. Potentially spreading lies about him doesn't make our side look any better than all the very public screwiness available on his twitter and forum.

We get it, you're upset about what he did to the comic, you're not the only one, but seriously, chill out, dude. While I jumped on it at the beginning, I'm coming around to think that, well, we should at least see some evidence for the claims. Doesn't automatically mean we like Penders or would be happy to defend him. He posts enough stupid shit online and makes himself look bad already with his questionable professional practices, why in the world do we even need to pile on?

Now I'm regretting not going to FL Super-Con (some personal circumstances, as well as my inability to make up my mind early on, unfortunately, screwed that up), since I'd have been more than happy to report goings on to you guys.