Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

All is lost........ There is no god.

Oh stop being such a drama queen. *thats Rarity's job*

mlfw8193-1348961085555.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

All is lost........ There is no god.

Well, I'm hardly a fan of Ken Penders myself, but really, giving up on hope and the belief of the existence of a higher being just because this guy you dislike isn't being completely hated by everyone? I think you're taking this a bit more seriously than is actually necessary, friend...

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, that is.... painful.... utterly... utterly *painful*.

Yeah, The Republic is pretty good paintube material, XD

He appears to be selling at least one of the Sonic Archives, the three Sonic Legacy books and (I think) Best of Sonic Book 1. All of them contains his work so fair enough.

At least he's not selling and signing Ian's issues or anything (from what I can see)...

We also now know why so many people were at his table yesterday. He's got all those Sonic books laid out there.   

We also now know why so many people were at his table yesterday. He's got all those Sonic books laid out there.   

Like I been saying. Nobody in those pictures is actually purchasing any of the Lara-Su stuff. This ain't as much of a smash hit as he's trying to display, not when the only product moving is Sonic and he's there explicitly to promote the Lara-Su Chronicles. 

Well another one of the things he keeps posting on Twitter is Lien-Da is getting a shit ton of positive reaction although honestly, I doubt that.

Well another one of the things he keeps posting on Twitter is Lien-Da is getting a shit ton of positive reaction although honestly, I doubt that.

It wouldn't really surprise me if that the 'positive reception' he's talking about is people just being polite and him choosing to interpret it as wildly popular response.

• Thumbs Up 3

Either that or he's talking about how many times someone took a picture with it although again, that's probably him suckering in people who were there for Sonic stuff.

And then there's the fact that several of the people who posed have the same names as people he has mentioned as friends of his and people he has employed, including his wife (whom he did not mention as being his wife when the picture first surfaced), as well as the large bulk of cosplayers whom he likely asked to pose... and even a lot of those kids don't really seem all that pleased to be there, not in any way that would indicate genuine jubilation. 

Given Penders history of overstating, overselling and over-emphasizing his accomplishments and generally doing his damndest to appear more important and successful than his actual deeds would merit, I don't take any of this as being indicative of some super massive turnout that vindicates him or his actions. 

Oh stop being such a drama queen. *thats Rarity's job*

mlfw8193-1348961085555.gif

Don't compare me to your gay-ass little ponies. Honestly, I don't even know why people compare these things to Sonic in the first place.

But ya know what, it's cool, it's fine. I'm fine. Because I've run out of things to like about the Sonic franchise. In fact, there's no point in me staying up to date anyway, because most of the current stuff is bullshit anyway. It just feels like another Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank, where I thought I was interested in a franchise similar to Ape Escape and Tomba, when I first played Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. I guess that thing that won me over was that fact that the universe felt alive. The game had voice-acting, a selectable cast of mascot-ish characters, and decent personalities that weren't too comically exaggerated. Japan gave us those three games, all America had to do was dub it in English. Even the Chao raising was a fun aspect for those of us who needed a break from beating the main plot and missions. At the time, it was something that none of the Nintendo games had (especially Mario). However, most of us started out with Nintendo systems and became hooked, or else we never would have played video games in the first place. Meanwhile, those two games I mentioned where only available for the PlayStation at the time, and outside of store demos and relatives' house, I couldn't have that experience unless I bought another system. I envied the PlayStation, but didn't want to part with Pokemon or SSB, the true reason why I got the N64 as my first system, instead of my beginnings with my sister old SNES, where Super Mario World and Link to the Past were just things to do at the time. Despite the end of the Dreamcast for Sega fans, I was pure lucky to be able to play SA2:B after beating SSBM, which paved my entry into the Sonic franchise and a long line Gamecube games for the rest of its lifespan.

But aside from that, it seems like those days are over for me. Sure they say Sonic Boom is a stand-alone installment, but they're putting so much attention and merchandising into this series (plus an animated series), that they might as well rename the series "Sonic Boom & Clank (and the Ghostly Adventures)". I doubt they even care modern Sonic titles anymore.

Meanwhile, the comic book has been split into two letdown (due to legal stress), he pseudo-videogame-esque amnesic SGW world and the Ugly-Sue Chronicles. So that's the two major mediums of Sonic shot in both feet. With that said, I'm parting ways with this franchise for long awhile. Maybe E3 will restore my faith in the Sonic franchise in a year or two, depending on their next game. Other than that, I done.

I know this post is long, crazy, possibly-off-topic, over the top, and melodramatic to people who rather party and have a good time, but I sincerely cannot maintain my interest in Sonic franchise the way it is now and the way fans want me to. It all just feels so bleak at this point. I guess I have to find a new franchise to bury myself in.

If I ever come back to this thread, it will probably be out of sheer boredom. But other than that...................until we meet again, folks.

Well......that was a thing that just happened. :/

Goodbye Mr. Johhny.

Ok, first you shouldn't be insulting something other people like. Even If I'm not a fan of it, you still shouldn't insulting something others like, it's their opinion if they like it or not.

Secondly, exactly what's wrong with Jak & Ratchet? Jak TLF wasn't made by Naughty Dog and the other 5 games are very solid games. All 4 One and Full Frontal Assualt were good for what they were and Nexus/into the Nexus was as good as Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty. Even at that, they have nothing to do with what people are saying. That you are taking this far too seriously. Am I sad that those characters I like are gone? Sure but is that any reason to outright call the new universe shit? No It's not, especially considering we are only about 2 maybe arcs in not counting Sonic Universe. Even then, TL-SC will probably fail but you keep going over the same things constantly, that you miss the characters but that isn't any reason why you should be taking this so seriously or insulting stuff other people like. 

I mean at the end of the day, this is a comic book about Sonic the Hedgehog. Do I like having the extra characters? Yes but the fact of the matter is Sonic,Tails and the others are main characters and will continue to make the book good even if the new universe takes time to get into swing. I mean sure some good things were removed but It also means most of the terrible things from the dark days of the comic is gone aka Titan Tails, Hot pocket of Destiny, Tails being a baby because Fiona went out with Sonic etc.

Okay well, bye Johnny.

Anyway... I haven't really been following this thread much, but I think I saw something say kids are interested in Penders' scary stuff? That doesn't sound good.

Okay well, bye Johnny.

Anyway... I haven't really been following this thread much, but I think I saw something say kids are interested in Penders' scary stuff? That doesn't sound good.

Actually as we've been talking about, It's very likely they came for the Sonic graphic novels he was selling and Penders probably suckered them in to take a picture with Lien-Da or the poster. Looking at the pictures, they don't seem too excited about those pictures. On top of that, It seems to be all the Sonic stuff that's being sold while nothing related to TL-SC has been sold. On top of that, It's also likely that some of the people getting pictures taken seem to either know Ken as a close friend or are related to him. Another likely thing is he asked some of the cosplayers to pose with the pictures.

I've been lurking this thread but Johnny's spectacular hissy fit of "I'm taking my ball and going home, and the things you like are dumb!!" has led me to actually sign up and engage in the conversation. Thanks for the laugh, Johnny, you're a regular "Pinkie-Pie".

That said- I agree the kids don't exactly look estatic in their pictures. A lot of them have pretty forced looking smiles. But it could be that they're just uncomfortable being in front of a camera? It's hard to say what someone is feeling without actually asking. It could be any number of things. I know the toddler probably isn't a lifetime fan of Blender's work. Probably.

I have to agree with others that a lot of the attention Pen Tenders is recieving is likely due to the huge spread of Sonic stuff on his table. None of the pictures he's shown show people holding any LSC prints- it's all Archie printed material and that one print of his with the spread of Sonic characters. Nothing LSC that we've seen yet.

Oh, also, thanks for calling that guy on his tall tales earlier. I don't like Men Fenders anymore than the last person, but dislike the guy for what he's actually done, not made up stories. When people latch on any possible reason to hate on someone, it makes them look desperate and sad.

@SuperLink: Apologies, it won't happen again.

And yeah. I have to agree if anything is attracting people to Pender's table it's the Sonic books, not the Laura-Su Chronicles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been lurking this thread but Johnny's spectacular hissy fit of "I'm taking my ball and going home, and the things you like are dumb!!" has led me to actually sign up and engage in the conversation. Thanks for the laugh, Johnny, you're a regular "Pinkie-Pie".

First of all, welcome to the forum! Second of all, please, as I just said a few posts ago, let's not. SSMB doesn't stand for "Sonic Stadium Namecalling Board" mang. If you signed up to have a go at him, the party's over and you'll have to find something else to talk about, because having a go at members isn't the job of other members, and it's sorted now.

• Thumbs Up 2

That said- I agree the kids don't exactly look estatic in their pictures. A lot of them have pretty forced looking smiles. But it could be that they're just uncomfortable being in front of a camera? It's hard to say what someone is feeling without actually asking. It could be any number of things. I know the toddler probably isn't a lifetime fan of Blender's work. Probably.

I have to agree with others that a lot of the attention Pen Tenders is recieving is likely due to the huge spread of Sonic stuff on his table. None of the pictures he's shown show people holding any LSC prints- it's all Archie printed material and that one print of his with the spread of Sonic characters. Nothing LSC that we've seen yet.

Oh, also, thanks for calling that guy on his tall tales earlier. I don't like Men Fenders anymore than the last person, but dislike the guy for what he's actually done, not made up stories. When people latch on any possible reason to hate on someone, it makes them look desperate and sad.

Welcome to the forums! 

Also maybe I've read Ken's recent statements on Twitter wrong, but is he now considering cosplay costumes of the characters?

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485638166935007232

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485638679571230720

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/485639038591053824

Looking at the pictures, they don't seem too excited about those pictures. On top of that, It seems to be all the Sonic stuff that's being sold while nothing related to TL-SC has been sold. On top of that, It's also likely that some of the people getting pictures taken seem to either know Ken as a close friend or are related to him. Another likely thing is he asked some of the cosplayers to pose with the pictures.

Yeah, but this stuff is all "likely, could be, should be," but we don't really know.

I have this huge feeling he's gonna Forrest Gump his way through it. I mean, he shouldn't have gotten as far as he did, but he did.

I dunno, I just got this feeling he's gonna wind up making this nonsense worthwhile... for him.

"Sonic Stadium Namecalling Board" 

Well derp, obviously. There's no N in SSMB anyways biggrin.png.

• Thumbs Up 7

You know, the more I think about it, the more genuinely curious I am to see what happens if this actually gets published and sold enough for reviews to show up. The reactions from people who don't know the whole situation would probably be even more hilarious than those who know all about Penders and are already mad about this.

First of all, welcome to the forum! Second of all, please, as I just said a few posts ago, let's not. SSMB doesn't stand for "Sonic Stadium Namecalling Board" mang. If you signed up to have a go at him, the party's over and you'll have to find something else to talk about, because having a go at members isn't the job of other members, and it's sorted now.

Feel free to give me a warning or any additional reprimand necessary for my poor behaviour. I was actually signing up at the time you made that post so I didn't see your forewarning, but it was still poor taste which I recognize and apologize for. I was mainly put off by someone using 'gay' as an insult, really. But again, not excuses- I understand what I did and why it's unacceptable.

And no, I'm not signing up just to laugh at people. I'm just saying it amused me enough to get me to finally engage in conversation with people. I tend to lurk usually but that rooted me out of my hole in the ground.

Appreciate the patience.

You know, the more I think about it, the more genuinely curious I am to see what happens if this actually gets published and sold enough for reviews to show up. The reactions from people who don't know the whole situation would probably be even more hilarious than those who know all about Penders and are already mad about this.

I'm hoping it's like 'Delgo 2: Electric Echy'nado'.

• Thumbs Up 1