Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Huh. I gotta say, Ken looks considerably more well groomed than he did the last time someone got a snap of him.

Huh. I gotta say, Ken looks considerably more well groomed than he did the last time someone got a snap of him.

Aye... though I still say he should have kept the stache. 

And bless you, Verb & Noun. Now the world can share in my agony at having read that piece of crap. 

I find it disturbing that he mentions "from my film project", in a current tense, like its still happening...

To my knowledge Ten's always wanted everything to be aliens, more or less. I recall hearing he wasn't a fan of the "Mobius is Future Earth" thing before, but I'm not 100%.

He's really big into sci-fi and aliens, so he pushes it a lot.

Wow, that Lost Ones page looks friggin' unforgiveable. But yeah, Kenny-boy's gone on record as stating he saw Mobius as an alternate Earth, not one in the distant future After The End. To Karl's credit, Ken never clarified that during his tenure, and he had the world map drawn up like this:

mobius_map_by_izzy_the_hedgehog.jpg

He did decide to roll with it with The Good, The Bad & The Unknown, by trying to introduce Issac & Ivan Kintobor as Eggman replacements.

To this day (or at least when he quit Archie), even tho Eggman was forced to be an alternate Robo-Robotnik because of his ego ("It would undo the impact of my genius during Endgame!"), I don't think Ken ever forgave the return of Robotnik in any way back to the comic.

The biggest issue with The Lost Ones is that it's dry as a sawdust sandwich on styrafoam bread.

I have no reason to assume that Lara-Su Chronicles won't be the same, knowing how MY25L was.

I find it disturbing that he mentions "from my film project", in a current tense, like its still happening...

Did you really expect anything resembling a factual statement from Ken regarding his many projects? 

I'm sure this is the same person that liked to describe The Lost Ones in grossly inaccurate terms as a "best-selling series". To say this is disingenuous is an understatement. Anyway, I can't claim to know that virtually everything the man says is a blatant lie, but his willingness to say just about anything to promote his own work cannot be brushed aside so easily. I've just come to expect dishonesty from him, and that's sad because there are times when I really do want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like somebody said earlier, he's not a monster or supervillain, so it's not fair to assume that every sentence he utters is littered with falsehoods. 

I have heard of The Lost Ones but now knowing more about the story makes it sound even worse than I thought. And how lazy is it to not actually show the action but instead describe it all with some exposition and narration. And Penders calls it a success? HA!

I'm also fairly certain the people visiting his stall are not there to see his LSC and Lost Ones stuff. They only want to buy some Sonic comics and be done with it. I do wonder if anyone visiting the stall raised the question as to why one of the characters looks so similar to Knuckles. It's unavoidable for God's sake!

Oh, it looks like superwplf was lying huh?

Wow, that Lost Ones page looks friggin' unforgiveable. But yeah, Kenny-boy's gone on record as stating he saw Mobius as an alternate Earth, not one in the distant future After The End. To Karl's credit, Ken never clarified that during his tenure, and he had the world map drawn up like this:

mobius_map_by_izzy_the_hedgehog.jpg

He did decide to roll with it with The Good, The Bad & The Unknown, by trying to introduce Issac & Ivan Kintobor as Eggman replacements.

To this day (or at least when he quit Archie), even tho Eggman was forced to be an alternate Robo-Robotnik because of his ego ("It would undo the impact of my genius during Endgame!"), I don't think Ken ever forgave the return of Robotnik in any way back to the comic.

Ah yes, the map. Damn that is a lazy ass map. Gotta love how evidently most of the important stuff happens in North America and most of the important locations are there too, and how for alll of that landmass, there's only like a tiny handful of countries mentioned. 

And you know, adding to that particular confusion over Mobius being an alternate earth rather than the future, he has Knuckles flat out reading 2001: A Space Odyssey in one issue... did he really think people would take that as being anything other than some kind of esoteric hint as to the true nature of Mobius' past? 

Ken seemed really dead set on having Robotnik gone for good as a villain, for reasons I cannot begin to know. He tried to have him replaced by Droid, has tried to build up the Dark Legion as a *greater* threat, and I'm pretty sure he was aiming to replace Eggman with Ivan given all the build up and such. 

I can only imagine how much it burned him when Karl had Eggman easily storming into Echidnapolis and destroying the Master Emerald during the Sonic Adventure adaptation, to say nothing of Return to Angel Island. 

At least Ken is looking a heck of a lot healthier than the last time we saw him. This time last year it looked like the stress of everything was really getting to him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time we saw him he was slouching and looked a bit greased up. The ponytail did him no favors either. This time, yes, he looks a lot more put together and generally healthy. He still doesn't look 'himself' without the mustache though.

It feels weird to be talking about someone's appearence like this but that is what it is.

Well you know what they say, the mustache makes the man. XD

I wouldn't go so far as to say he looks healthy compared to his old pictures...less stressed, yes. Less of a wreck, yes. But not healthy compared to his older pictures.

As for all his posts, they do seem to be stretching the truth. He's written them all up as <insert name here> has come to check out the new stuff or whatever. Yet as people have pointed out, it doesn't look like anyone was actually there to specifically look at his new stuff, most of them are holding or buying Sonic merchandise. It then leads you to the conclusion he's probably asked them for a picture or said he's promoting the next expansion of the comics without fully letting them in on just what's going on.

I noticed something in that picture of Ken and that kid.

In the top left corner is the sketch of Lara-su he "commissioned for a fan". 

(spoilers because these pics are huge for some reason?)

8WB6kTd.jpg

Brx1tBLIMAA0YOE.jpg[

And you know, adding to that particular confusion over Mobius being an alternate earth rather than the future, he has Knuckles flat out reading 2001: A Space Odyssey in one issue... did he really think people would take that as being anything other than some kind of esoteric hint as to the true nature of Mobius' past? 

09.jpg

Still so freaking stupid. Like on every concievable level. If it was trying to be clever it failed. BIG TIME.

Ken seemed really dead set on having Robotnik gone for good as a villain, for reasons I cannot begin to know. He tried to have him replaced by Droid, has tried to build up the Dark Legion as a *greater* threat, and I'm pretty sure he was aiming to replace Eggman with Ivan given all the build up and such. 

What other purpose could introducing a long distance genetic relative to Eggman (and not even that Robotnik's ancestor. Seriously, by trying to keep the "impact of Endgame" intact, the comic was so awkward in fitting in the damn main antagonist into it's history), if not to provide further conflict & possible replacement. Who knows, he probably would have had him become/help Dr. Droid.

I can only imagine how much it burned him when Karl had Eggman easily storming into Echidnapolis and destroying the Master Emerald during the Sonic Adventure adaptation, to say nothing of Return to Angel Island.

I'm still of the opinion that RtAI is what caused Ken to actively try to kill Karl's career. And looking over the credits for the Adventure arc... there was no scene where Ken wrote Sonic or non-Angel Island chararacters alone*. When he wrote, there was always Knuckles, or the Chaotix & Locke, or his own OC's. Sonic, Tails & the FF's were never written by Ken alone for more than a page at a time.

*except for one inexplicable backup where he wrote Big & Froggy as... to be P.C., really, really dumb idiots.

84, the closer was really bad in this regard. You get scenes of Super Sonic (& Knuckles, kinda) fighting Perfect Chaos where the FF's are practically useless in standing around, then you get Locke messing around with the Felidae (before they were called that). Tikal & Chaos' denouncement is nearly two panels before they vanish forever, because Ken has to get Ange... sorry, the Floating Island, back up and running ASAP and learning how Knuckles' name has been retconned by Locke reading about the past and making... peace, I guess with the Cats.

For a guy who's riding on Sonic's coattails for recognition for so long, Ken really didn't give two sh*ts about Sonic, the game characters sans Knux & Chaotix, the SatAM cast....until Karl left and he got full control all over again. I will never know why he wanted to make a Sonic movie for a character he literally could not care less about.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is that "The Lost Ones" on the floor? Also...what in the world is going on with Knuckles face in that panel with the astronaut?

Is that "The Lost Ones" on the floor? Also...what in the world is going on with Knuckles face in that panel with the astronaut?

Why, so it is! Oh-ho you scamp, Penders. Try as you might, it never will be a thing. And I think that's meant to convey Knuckles imagining the scene he's reading... I think. 

But yeah. Back when Penders was talking about how he should do a movie and giving reasons why Satam and Archie (IE his own material of course) would work best, he lists several things that stand in contradiction to his actual actions. He talks about the importance of Sonic and Robotnik's rivalry, while trying his damndest to flat out have Robotnik supplanted as a villain by his own creations. And then his talk of Sally's importance, when he flat out tried to have her killed off so often SEGA had to step in, and had even planned to have her be replaced by her own friggin' brother because he didn't think she had any more potential. 

The guy's a lying louse with a tremendous lack of respect for either the source material or the works for others. 

What boggles my mind is how a professional like Larry friggen Houston could have at all thought that presentation was worth putting his name on. Did he just NOT see it before the fateful day came??

• Thumbs Up 1

You know I wonder how long before Ken reveals the official cover for the first book/issue?

And how much longer after that he admits it's probably never actually gonna come out!? XD

That said, I do agree it's sad how he exaggerates things so much. You know if Ken would just deflate his own ego and actually listen to people's input/critiques he probably could have made something half-way decent out of this whole mess. But instead he acts like a stubborn 16 year old, telling everyone they are wrong, coming up with flimsy excuses/justifications and over exaggerating "fan" interest in the project.

For all the legal help Penders supposedly has, sad he couldn't hire a PR guy to tell him how properly act/promote his product.

I noticed something in that picture of Ken and that kid.

In the top left corner is the sketch of Lara-su he "commissioned for a fan". 

(spoilers because these pics are huge for some reason?)

8WB6kTd.jpg

Brx1tBLIMAA0YOE.jpg[

Good to see the dead eyes are still the default despite the promo picture showing her with 'sexy eyes'.

But my big question is 'why is she holding a papaya'.

• Thumbs Up 3

Good to see the dead eyes are still the default despite the promo picture showing her with 'sexy eyes'.

But my big question is 'why is she holding a papaya'.

Maybe Ken was hungry.

Or maybe it's a ridiculously old school looking phone for what's supposed to be a futuristic society. 

Or a mustard squeeze bottle.

• Thumbs Up 2

The film pitch itself is just plain bad. I mean he makes a powerpoint about why Sonic is a well known icon despite the fact Sega knows this and instead would probably prefer to hear about why Sonic should become a film, there's the video which is just plain shit.

I read it up as Ken trying to kiss SEGA's ass. Instead, he's just wasting their time.

Is it immature to call folks names? I was chatting with this one gentleman and I called Penders a dork and turbosonicfan said that I was having a "tantrum" and that calling people name's "immature".

Umm.... it depends? I mean, if he gets worked up over Ken being called a "dork" of all things, then that just shows that he's not the most mature kid on the playground either.

But, yeah, there are some terms that have been thrown around, even on this thread, that I'd say were worse than calling him a dork. Personally, I found that Johnny guy's incessant comparison of Penders to Robotnik to be more immature than calling him something so, relatively, harmless as a dork.

Speaking of Twitter, FurherMustang returns from his sabbatical and gives their two cents on the matter:

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/485633550322909185

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/485633965051502592

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/485634114163204097

Although, I love that most of the people bashing you on twitter can't seem comprehend that you won your case against Archie and seem to be on the way to creating something far better than what @archiecomics and @IanFlynnBKC are passing off for Sonic nowadays.

A never ending well of wisdom that one, huh? Well, maybe he's right. Ken's actions like his public displaying of Goatee Knuckles and 14 Year Old Bikini Babe Lara-Su, never mind their designs for now, shouldn't be subject to criticism. No, it's those trolling fans that Ian Flynn secretly directs from the shadows that are the true cause of the backlash, the silent majority is the truth of the matter.

Most of those people who took photos next to the Collage and Lien-Da aren't just people buying Sonic swag trying to be nice and/or family members and friends, they really think everything is going great and are in full support of a project that totally don't look like escapees from Butt Ugly Martians.

That Ken got a full outright victory in court, instead of the case getting settled out of court, with terms that are still very vague outside of the knowledge of the actual parties involved. Ken won! Get over it, you babies! Ken's Sonic is the only Sonic that matters! Ken's Sonic is better than Archie & Ian's Sonic, better than SEGA's Sonic.... hell, the only thing better than Ken's Sonic... is Geoffrey St. John! Where's his game, huh?! Geoffrey's soo much better than anything that SEGA or DiC came up with, he's soooo cooool, guys! I totally hope he shows up in L-SC and, now that Sally is tossed out her ass from such a dream project, he can hook up with Lara-Su! He could compete for her affections with Micheal Taylor and we can see more of Ken's absolutely perfect romance crafting, before Lara reveals her Soul Touch is to her job as Praetorian and Knuckles shows up to give her the keys to the Master Emerald Power Core whatever!

Or maybe FurherMustang is full of crap, who knows?

• Thumbs Up 5

Umm.... it depends? I mean, if he gets worked up over Ken being called a "dork" of all things, then that just shows that he's not the most mature kid on the playground either.

But, yeah, there are some terms that have been thrown around, even on this thread, that I'd say were worse than calling him a dork. Personally, I found that Johnny guy's incessant comparison of Penders to Robotnik to be more immature than calling him something so, relatively, harmless as a dork.

Speaking of Twitter, FurherMustang returns from his sabbatical and gives their two cents on the matter:

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/485633550322909185

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/485633965051502592

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/485634114163204097

A never ending well of wisdom that one, huh? Well, maybe he's right. Ken's actions like his public displaying of Goatee Knuckles and 14 Year Old Bikini Babe Lara-Su, never mind their designs for now, shouldn't be subject to criticism. No, it's those trolling fans that Ian Flynn secretly directs from the shadows that are the true cause of the backlash, the silent majority is the truth of the matter.

Most of those people who took photos next to the Collage and Lien-Da aren't just people buying Sonic swag trying to be nice and/or family members and friends, they really think everything is going great and are in full support of a project that totally don't look like escapees from Butt Ugly Martians.

That Ken got a full outright victory in court, instead of the case getting settled out of court, with terms that are still very vague outside of the knowledge of the actual parties involved. Ken won! Get over it, you babies! Ken's Sonic is the only Sonic that matters! Ken's Sonic is better than Archie & Ian's Sonic, better than SEGA's Sonic.... hell, the only thing better than Ken's Sonic... is Geoffrey St. John! Where's his game, huh?! Geoffrey's soo much better than anything that SEGA or DiC came up with, he's soooo cooool, guys! I totally hope he shows up in L-SC and, now that Sally is tossed out her ass from such a dream project, he can hook up with Lara-Su! He could compete for her affections with Micheal Taylor and we can see more of Ken's absolutely perfect romance crafting, before Lara reveals her Soul Touch is to her job as Praetorian and Knuckles shows up to give her the keys to the Master Emerald Power Core whatever!

Or maybe FurherMustang is full of crap, who knows?

Notice how now everyone's wearing mask when Pender's posing with them? And yeah, Lee Enders. That's him.

I still think Mustang is just trolling, myself. Trying to get Archie fans riled up and Penders is none the wiser.

Even Penders seems to get annoyed with the guy every now and then. Course, he has yet to tell the guy to shut his trap, and he doesn't seem to mind when BobR pulls the paranoid conspiracy pitbull bit on his forum...