Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Pretty sure "gays get all the ladies" is a stereotype...

No girls ever liked me back in school. D: 

(Actually, tell a lie, one or two did, but they were the sort of girls who, if anything, probably contributed toward me being gay even more XD)

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure "gays get all the ladies" is a stereotype... (In reference to Mace)

Why yes, yes it is; a pretty old school one at that.

The hell is a 'generic stereotype'? First time I heard that. Ever.

A typical stereotype. e.g. the feminine gay man is a "generic stereotype" because that's what a lot of people still imagine when they think of a gay man.

Why yes, yes it is; a pretty old school one at that.

Ken's just trapped in the 80s and 90s is all (or does that phrase go back even farther?).

Ken's just trapped in the 80s and 90s is all (or does that phrase go back even farther?).

The 'gag' of a man having interests in more feminine pursuits and being more 'understanding' of women as a result and those facts directly tying into them being gay goes back a lot further than that. How far I'm not exactly sure, but its a pretty entrenched one. 

Either way though, it does betray just how little Ken has really adapted to the times. This is a pretty recurring theme with him; he'll talk a good talk about various progressive points, but when push comes to shove he honestly cannot think or act in any way that demonstrates nuance or genuine understanding of what he's talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite part is him misgendering a trans* person multiple times.

Pretty sure she wouldn't want to be called 'he', Tenders, if she wasn't comfortable taking a male role.

"The footage is in the can waiting for Visual FX to be added."

I know this is a stupid thing to focus on, but did "can" in this context stop meaning "to reject something" while I wasn't looking? 

• Thumbs Up 1

"The footage is in the can waiting for Visual FX to be added."

I know this is a stupid thing to focus on, but did "can" in this context stop meaning "to reject something" while I wasn't looking? 

"In the can", meaning recorded.

I assume by can, they mean the tin container that film reel is stored in. Although that's a very weird way of saying it.

PS Sonic Chronicles has basically been confirmed to be off-limits due to the lawsuit. Probably would mean that the games won't touch it again too. 

His free time has been all but limitless, and yet he STILL has precious little to show for any of it. 

I notice that Ken has plenty of time to reply to every tweet sent his way. He does seem to always have enough free time to fritter away on Twitter. I know a lot of people can do more than one thing simultaneously, but Ken does show a lot more effort on that platform then on much anything else. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait.

Guys.

Maybe his tweets are actually going to make up ASCII art that he'll use in the comic.

He's been working on it all along. mellow.png 

(Actually, nah, that's probably giving him too much credit)

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait.

Guys.

Maybe his tweets are actually going to make up ASCII art that he'll use in the comic.

He's been working on it all along. mellow.png 

(Actually, nah, that's probably giving him too much credit)

Actually, that does sound clever, if that were the case.

Actually, someone do that! really I'm sure we got enough moron quotes to work with.

Hello, I'm new here smile.png

I initially visited this forum to catch up with Sonic-related news (still do), then I stumbled into this thread. I kind of lurked on this thread for the last few days and boy, the guy is a genuine trainwreck.

To be honest, I didn't know about Ken Penders and wasn't interested in him (I never read Archie Sonic before because of I can't obtain the said comic here in my country). But then I saw the... awful LSC!Lien-Da's render circulating on the web. I just... is it really something considered as a professional-level work? I am no professional but even I'm sane enough to know that there's something wrong with the render.

The more I read about this guy the more concerned I become. I know Ken doesn't work for the comic anymore, but the fact that he ever worked on it and his "characters" were originally belong to the comic may caused confusion for the Sonic fans. I'm even confused with the stance of his current project; is this count as a fan work or as an original work? Because from what I see his character design is not very original to begin with...

Yep hes our Sonic 2006 of the comic universe, a funny but very sad trainwreck. I'll never forgive him for his collateral damage to the comic, his meddling when we were just trying to clean up his mess and make an overall better comic, and his lawsuits resulting to hit the nuclear option and rebooting the comic from nothing again.

I guess in the end we didn't need his dead weight stories or his characters, just would've been nice to finish the last 2 arcs before we rebooted. Oh well...

Theirs other ways of obtaining the comic btw, Apps and comic websites help fill that problem you have greatly. swing on by the comic topic and we can help you out, the new-#252 comic now are something I recommend to everybody.

Actually, that does sound clever, if that were the case.

Heard that Kenny basically called 'round to some of his cronies (his "Hollywood" and industry pals, one can assume) offering them a chance to work on his stuff with little to no mention of compensation, and the response was basically, "no, sorry, I work on things that pay"

He literally thought all he'd have to do was say he was making, designing, and reviving this Lara Su mess and people would jump at the chance to work on it and in essence do all the hard parts for him.

He does NOT understand how indy comics come into popularity these days. If he did, he'd at least be doing a web comic with updates once a month... Or SOMETHING. Yes, he probably doesn't have much in the way of a job after all. So what IS he doing with his time?

So what IS he doing with his time?

The Ken version of what Christian Weston Chandler does in regards to Sonichu I would presume.

Sonic Chronicles has basically been confirmed to be off-limits due to the lawsuit. Probably would mean that the games won't touch it again too. 

Link please? I don't doubt you, but I always like to see official confirmation before I rage.

And if true... screw you for the umpteenth time Penders. You continue to screw the comic and its fans to this very day. Good luck putting all your financial hopes on Lara & Lien. I'm sooooo sure they'll come through for you in the end... ha.

So that means no chance of Shade or the Dark Brotherhood in the comics then? .....Dammit Penders you SOB!

Oh but in Penders' mind, The Dark Brotherhood are a total ripoff of The Dark Legion while What-The-Fuckles is a completely original character #PendersLogic

• Thumbs Up 5

Guess I'm the only one honestly happy that the Dark Brotherhood will be staying far away from the comics...

• Thumbs Up 2

Guess I'm the only one honestly happy that the Dark Brotherhood will be staying far away from the comics...

I wouldn't say that.

Ian would have likely done the Marauders better than the games. And those guys would probably have been better than the Dark Egg Legion. So, it's a sad thing.

It's always a sad thing, for me, to not be able to see Ian make something better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ian would have likely done the Marauders better than the games.

Or they would have been just as good/bad. I like Ian's run on the comic, but he's not perfect. Some of the changes he's made to Unleashed's story so far are already being criticized, and he's messed up before. Just look at how he fuckin' handled making Charmy's change in personality.

Oh, and before it gets to that: "But Sonic fans just get mad about chang--", s t o p.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, and before it gets to that: "But Sonic fans just get mad about chang--", s t o p.

Well no one likes getting tons of dimes, pennies, and nickels instead of quarters, so that really applies to anyone tongue.png.

• Thumbs Up 1