Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Fen doesn't care about the rights of others and their characters what so ever. He double talks constantly. For instance, Ian said he was going to make an anti-Brotherhood- Fen's reaction? To whinge that Ian obviously doesn't respect his rights with the characters. Meanwhile, he mutilates Knuckles as a character because he sees him as an open canvas, turns Sonic into someone who doesn't respect women, makes Sally fall for an older guy and constantly play tonsil hockey with him, decided Rotor's sexuality, tried to kill Sally so he could replace her, DID kill Robotnik and wanted him to stay dead... did he ask SEGA or Hurst about any of this before he did this to their characters? No? Huh. Odd. It's like the rules only apply if it's for him.

I'm confused are you talking about Haders (I'm part of the club now!) or Ian?

Fen doesn't care about the rights of others and their characters what so ever. He double talks constantly. For instance, Ian said he was going to make an anti-Brotherhood- Fen's reaction? To whinge that Ian obviously doesn't respect his rights with the characters. Meanwhile, he mutilates Knuckles as a character because he sees him as an open canvas, turns Sonic into someone who doesn't respect women, makes Sally fall for an older guy and constantly play tonsil hockey with him, decided Rotor's sexuality, tried to kill Sally so he could replace her, DID kill Robotnik and wanted him to stay dead... did he ask SEGA or Hurst about any of this before he did this to their characters? No? Huh. Odd. It's like the rules only apply if it's for him.

Too, and to point out to Zayso's point, I'm afraid a lot of future fan recognition depends on Archie's decision to reprint or not, anymore of kennyboy's work.

...and if I were them, I wouldn't :P he doesn't play nice enough with others. Why would they admit any of his stories mattered anymore, money aside.

As long as the Internet is around, no fictional character will ever be completly forgotten.

Also, there's still a chance Archie will eventually feel secure enough to let ian use at least a coupe of the non-Penders pre-reboot characters again, just gotta stay positive!

As for that pesky mortality thing.... I have you considered putting your brain inside of a robot body?

Too, and to point out to Zayso's point, I'm afraid a lot of future fan recognition depends on Archie's decision to reprint or not, anymore of kennyboy's work.

...and if I were them, I wouldn't tongue.png he doesn't play nice enough with others. Why would they admit any of his stories mattered anymore, money aside.

Maybe because there are people who actually cares for those characters and want them back?! But you're right, that chance is nill as long as Penders acts like an annoying junkyard dog over them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ken Penders is the Uwe Boll of comics.

Well, he hasn't challenged anyone to a wrestling match yet...

You know, I don't think the packets of source I gave you lot had enough bluntness yesterday.

It really didn't. I'm glad this one does. Makes Penders look all the more ridiculous.

You know what Chen Renders proves?

It proves that all it takes is one guy to completely fuck something over. All those years of continuity wasted, simply because one guy who formely worked on the comic threw a hissy fit.

• Thumbs Up 1

We have more shit from Twitter. To introduce this, I will use Linkara's Frank Millar opening.

-Looks at stopwatch- Oh look, It's Penders Time.

(Oh by the way, Ken claims that Fuckles isn't Knuckles with a blond beard. HA yeah right and he also apparently has a chance to change opinions. Again, yeah sure whatever you say)

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489173752958025728

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489177491529932800

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489177715837120512

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489177933412458496

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489178263520956416

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489185430252687360

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/489185499244814336

He says TLSC pick up right after sonic 144, except...he said this wasn't a Sonic book. That makes it a Sonic book. He has "tried" so hard to deviate from the whole Sonic thing and yet he just says "oh, it's a continuation"

Makes perfect sense. Keep up the good work, Fenders

Wait so now he's contradicting himself completely! He says it's not related to Sonic, but now he suddenly says it IS? Make up your bloody mind!

Also, if it is a continuation of Archie Sonic 144 than why do the characters look so different now? Even Fuckles doesn't quite look himself, even with the slight alterations. =P

In all fairness, not being a Sonic book and continuing a Sonic book aren't mutually exclusive. It can be a different book that happens after the Sonic's story, except it doesn't have Sonic at all.

Or at least in theory. So far it still looks like Sonic.

Damn, so much talk since my one and only post on this thread. XD

Meh, I'll just stick to what's being talked about now: Mr. Fuckles. (Oh, God. Why am I laughing at that?)

Well, what can I say? It screams Knuckles. Everybody has been screaming it's Knuckles for days now. The fact that Space In-Penders (sorry, best parody I can come up with XD) is defending this so hard is just hilarious.

And, now he's claiming the story is going to pick up after Sonic #144.

You know, if I were him, I'd stay away from anything even remotely related to SEGA or Archie and that includes the main story, regardless if he claims to own a part of it now. He's trying his luck with Mr. Fuckles and I'm sure SEGA is watching him like a hawk. They'll definitely be watching him when the book is out.

If it's a failure, they'll point and laugh and be on their merry way. If it's a marginal success, they might have to contemplate taking action. If it becomes a national hit (*pffft*), I'm sure Mr. KP will find himself in court faster than he can say "Praetorian Pizza Balls".

I don't know. I really just want to let loose the hounds of hell that is my personal opinion of the man, but it'd just be too much for the average rant. I just find this whole thing so laughable and for him to just ignore all the negativity is just mind-numbing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, so much talk since my one and only post on this thread. XD

Meh, I'll just stick to what's being talked about now: Mr. Fuckles. (Oh, God. Why am I laughing at that?)

Well, what can I say? It screams Knuckles. Everybody has been screaming it's Knuckles for days now. The fact that Space In-Penders (sorry, best parody I can come up with XD) is defending this so hard is just hilarious.

And, now he's claiming the story is going to pick up after Sonic #144.

You know, if I were him, I'd stay away from anything even remotely related to SEGA or Archie and that includes the main story, regardless if he claims to own a part of it now. He's trying his luck with Mr. Fuckles and I'm sure SEGA is watching him like a hawk. They'll definitely be watching him when the book is out.

If it's a failure, they'll point and laugh and be on their merry way. If it's a marginal success, they might have to contemplate taking action. If it becomes a national hit (*pffft*), I'm sure Mr. KP will find himself in court faster than he can say "Praetorian Pizza Balls".

I don't know. I really just want to let loose the hounds of hell that is my personal opinion of the man, but it'd just be too much for the average rant. I just find this whole thing so laughable and for him to just ignore all the negativity is just mind-numbing.

You are my hero

Was the Gaiman v. McFarland case something about Spawn & Medieval Spawn? Or Angela?

...Actually, can anyone explain what that whole case was about and why Ken thinks he benefits from it?

Was the Gaiman v. McFarland case something about Spawn & Medieval Spawn? Or Angela?

...Actually, can anyone explain what that whole case was about and why Ken thinks he benefits from it?

I have nothing to back this up, but it sounds like he's trying to use an example of a lawsuit about character similarities to justify that Evil-Sonic and Scourge are the same being.

As for that case, I don't even know.

It set a precedent that Medieval Spawn is not the same character as Spawn despite the fact that it's clearly derivative of Spawn. He's claiming the same sort of situation applies to his characters, while claiming it doesn't count when Evil Sonic/Scourge is involved because in that case the transformation of character is shown on panel (therefor clearly establishing that they're not two different characters, but the evolution of one).

The problem is, MYL Knuckles is also clearly established multiple times as Knuckles and was obviously intended to be Knuckles until it no longer became convenient for him to claim so.

It set a precedent that Medieval Spawn is not the same character as Spawn despite the fact that it's clearly derivative of Spawn. He's claiming the same sort of situation applies to his characters, while claiming it doesn't count when Evil Sonic/Scourge is involved because in that case the transformation of character is shown on panel (therefor clearly establishing that they're not two different characters, but the evolution of one).

The problem is, MYL Knuckles is also clearly established multiple times as Knuckles and was obviously intended to be Knuckles until it no longer became convenient for him to claim so.

It's kinda funny that Penders shot himself in the foot referencing that if he thinks the Nocturnus Clan from Chronicles are the same as his characters.

Makes it all the more clear he's just trying to ruin things for others for his own sake.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the argument is that Medieval Spawn has nothing to do with Spawn other than looks/a few other details, to my knowledge. Like, the back-story and history are different. It looks the same, but under the hood it's completely different. Hmn. Now that I think about it, what I was saying about Evil-Sonic is a bit iffier, but I do consider Scourge a different character, but I see the point he's making now at least.

His argument is that Chronicles looks the same and is the same under the hood as well.

His argument is that Chronicles looks the same and is the same under the hood as well.

Someone tell Penders that a fucking five year old can see the differences in all this.

Yeah but his fans told him that Shade is totally exactly like Julie-Su!

I think he's glossing over everything that is extremely different about Chronicles to focus on the things his 'fans' have told him are similar.

So, I had a dream.

This dream had Penders hire Yardley (I guess he felt pity for Penders and wanted to throw him a bone?) to make art for the book. Doing so, he gave a lot of suggestions here and there. Then, later on, he tweeted about how he had to, sadly, let Yardley go. I tweeted back (I don't even have a twitter account) that I was concerned (mostly wanted to see the train wreck happen) that this would delay the release date.

He told me he was going to continue the art -- even then, artists can be replaced, and that all of Yardley's suggestions were merely Lara-Su in name, so it wasn't a big loss.

Is it bad that Penders can, not only, invade my dreams, but also tick me off in them, too?