Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Well Ken thinks that inkers, colorists, letterers, certain pencillers AND writers that aren't him are expendable, until it benefits him upon which he kisses their asses and wave the banner of creator's rights and fighting against a toxic industry.

Then when he's alone, he spits all over that for his own benefit and to make himself look important. Its sad to say that he's more of a sleazeball than Stan Lee was to his peers, especially Kirby, who took most if not all credit for he characters he helped create. At least Lee tries to keep his cool old man demeanor up as much as possible; Ken seems like he can't wait to act like a hypocritical jackass.

Ya know, with the Sonic Boom comic being announced, I honestly wonder is Ken going to start some more stupid bullcrap like he did when Boom was first announced. He did it when Boom was announced and he did it when the movie was announced so It wouldn't surprise me if he does it now when the comic based on Sonic Boom was announced.

• 7 months later...

I heard Penders got something awful coming up early next year. Everyone, prepare yourselves!

Eh, has there been any Pendurrs news since that God awful comic panel and shitty Tweets? XP

Nearly 300 pages and we get bumped back to 114. I guess that happens.

Anything new on the Penderp front?

Pertaining more directly to Penders and LSC, we have these two gems. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/575060395473268736

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/575346512932139008

So not only is it totally our fault that he's a crap writer, but apparently we are morons who couldn't tell that 'Praetorian' was a title and not a name... because you know, we're mouth breathers who don't get that 'The Such and Such' is a title rather than a given name despite the fact it sounds similar to 'Guardian'. 

So as per usual, yeah; he's a jackass. 

• Thumbs Up 3

So I wanted to use Google to try track down my old rants that's been deleted but the problem is thanks to 100 pages, and no way to find them through my likes, there's too many pages to try find which rants have been deleted and which rants are still there.

Well, I guess I can summarize what I've said a few months back, so here goes: Ken Penders is still an egotistical and stubborn asshole that is willing to blast people who give him the littlest bit of criticism even if it's fair criticism, he can't write stories to save his life and was mainly responsible for all the fuckups in the Archie Sonic comic books that he did, he doesn't know how to draw cartoon characters, especially Sonic characters, proportionately correct, his forum site is an absolute cesspool, his Lara-Su Chronicles comic book art is just shit and really dreadful to look at (I'm sorry it is), and last but not least; he seriously thinks that everyone that criticizes him on Twitter for incompetence and immaturity are all Republicans. Is that everything I got so far or am I missing something?

EDIT: Also, bad French translations.

Edited by Omega Pipe
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well, I guess I can summarize what I've said a few months back, so here goes: Ken Penders is still an egotistical and stubborn asshole that is willing to blast people who give him the littlest bit of criticism even if it's fair criticism, he can't write stories to save his life and was mainly responsible for all the fuckups in the Archie Sonic comic books that he did, he doesn't know how to draw cartoon characters, especially Sonic characters, proportionately correct, his forum site is an absolute cesspool, his Lara-Su Chronicles comic book art is just shit and really dreadful to look at (I'm sorry it is), and last but not least; he seriously thinks that everyone that criticizes him on Twitter for incompetence and immaturity are all Republicans. Is that everything I got so far or am I missing something?

Don't forget his bad French translations, that also counts I believe?

It's me Juliejo2001!!

My account was deleted because this site went haywire.... But I'm here and Penders is still a jerk... (Thought I'd say this here because this thread was the reason why I'd initially signed up...)

EDIT: Being able to see the old 2014 posts has now let me learn about Mc Farland vs Gaiman, and doesn't this sort of mean that Evil Sonic is an extension of Sonic??? (He's named EVIL SONIC -- how is that considered original??)

Don't forget his bad French translations, that also counts I believe?

Whoops. You're right, I gotta go fix that! :P

• Thumbs Up 2

We salute the fallen 200 pages making jokes and explaining Ken Penders is a egotistical jerk and his idiotic comments, and work.

Oh, my god guys. I think I caused this.

I had finshed getting caught up with the last few months of pages (btw, eww on that Geoffrey page. How is it his art has gotten WORSE?!). And I missed Naugus FuhrerMustang throwing his hissyfit on here ("Imma sue Ian Flynn for making Nagus a troll since he's insulting ME! MY BROTHER!!!1). I then posted "It's good to be back" and the next day, the site has a stroke.

I'm guessing the sheer weight of US HERE REPUBLICANS* was too much for the site and caused a conservative-hole to suck up our groundless gripes with the man. /sarcasm

*no offense to actual Republicans, I just still find it incredulous that he actually pulled that card

• Thumbs Up 5

EDIT: Also, bad French translations.

Well, he also thinks we're so stupid that we can't comprehend that The Praetorian is a title and not a name, as well as the fact that evidently we are fools for not psychically understanding his writing when he didn't write in details. Those're new ones!

• Thumbs Up 2

It's funny how my 'likes' page on my profile has been so severely turncated by the deletion of such a large portion of this thread- how will I relive my glory days of ineffectually whining on the internet now?

I'll just have to make new memories, I guess.

So- Isn't it funny how lately it seems he just wildly swings off topic in response to anything these days? It's difficult to find any way in which his responses actually address what's being asked. I mean it was bad enough before, but you could at least see how he was using the question to springboard into topics he actually wanted to talk about. Now however it's like that pretense has been dropped anything goes.

NO MY AVATAR

• Thumbs Up 4

It's funny how my 'likes' page on my profile has been so severely turncated by the deletion of such a large portion of this thread

I went from 1700 likes to 78. :I

• Thumbs Up 2

So- Isn't it funny how lately it seems he just wildly swings off topic in response to anything these days? It's difficult to find any way in which his responses actually address what's being asked. I mean it was bad enough before, but you could at least see how he was using the question to springboard into topics he actually wanted to talk about. Now however it's like that pretense has been dropped anything goes.

Case in point:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/575824029954670592

I keep reading this over and over, and I'm just stumped; the hell is he even *saying*??

I'm just guessing he's hoping using non-sequiters will distract people from noticing he's full of crap.

A bit late for THAT, but then again, Ken does like to ignore things that he doesn't like for long periods of time.

He is the idiot who thinks that any plot hole can be written off as ''WE JUST SAW IT IN A DIFFERENT POV! YEAH!''

He is so full of shit again and it's actually getting funny. He's the one who's stating all the idiotic crap and yet he's trying to talk down to everyone else. The irony is just so strong, and it's probably flying right over his head.

On another note, IPhone Covers unsold: 3/3

Oh, and another piece of evidence that Ken is talking bullshit. He's trying to pretend we're acting like The Praetorian's title is his name. That was his original idea. The Iphone case says 

featuring the character of the Praetorian as seen in THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES 

• Thumbs Up 3

So basically he's been doing the same ol' shtick on Twitter while hardly focusing on his comic which has been in development now for...3 years?

Oh Pendurrs, take your sweet ass time why don't you, but do keep posting crappy art along the way for us to laugh at. =]

I feel like I surpassed Penders as an artist with my napkin drawing. Not that it's saying much, at this point, it seems even Liefeld is a better artist.

If that one is a draft, does that mean I can turn around and say 'that doesn't count' and just go from there? Particularly that close up of Lara-Su's face (if it is Lara-Su nope, it's Julie-Su)?

I mean, is it normal for drafts to have pictures that go outside the box? Is that stuff that gets edited out of the picture? Or is it just bad drawing?

Edited by Oscillo-Kaworu

First off. That art. Ew.

Second off, I've already found a plothole. Lara-Su is quite clearly a teen in M25YL. Meaning she has to be around 15-16. Yet, at the beginning of Knuckles: 20 Years Later, She's not even born yet? Apparently echidna babies must have some kind of super ageing bullshit. Or Penders just didn't think it through once again.

Third off, That art is terrible.

Fourthly, this is just as terrible a way to start a story as M25YL was. There's no lead in, there's no build up. It just drops us straight into some random character who we don't give a shit about telling another character something. It doesn't feel like it's a flowing story. It feels like clunky and rushed exposition that couldn't be bothered to actually attempt to build it up. 

Did I mention that art is just horrible in every way, shape and form?

• Thumbs Up 1