Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Please tell me you're joking and that doesn't actually exist.

I'd like to hope it's a joke but considering it's an Penders issue, it's likely true.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Ignore. Wrong topic lol*

Edited by Scientist Salarian

I'm honestly gonna miss all the bad art we lost in the reset, just for all of the tearing we all did into it.

9dEiFa4.jpg

^And that's barely scratching the surface.

You can find a few more on that old "A Moment of Archie Sonic" Tumblr.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp, there goes all of the 200+ pages of twittering, Zaysho's epic redraw pages, the scary Echidnas, The photoshopped "The Storm" page, more twittering, Rafa Knight's Lien Da that helped us recover from the horror, the "SSMB is a Tea Party" issue, Cylent Nite's Brownie redesign, that pun I made, the Shattered Tomorrows cover, Dejimon's and other's interview, Dejimon's funny Pender's pics, (Oh wait one of them is still there, that's good.) Did I mention more twittering?

All gone.

Now with that said, about that concept art page, I am VERY concerned on what the final page will look like. Also, riding the horse while pregnant... (that must explain why Lara-Su looks like how she is now).

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh, shit, I never thought of that! Maybe the rest of the populace did that as well...oh crap the bad art and idiotic decisions on the characters' parts make so much more sense now!

*Conspiracy time* It was North Korean fans of Penders who brought down the site since they're part of Kenders' "silent majority" that he's always saying he has. My god, Ken has gone to the Dark Side and become what he's always hated: Ian Flynn!

That is what his fans FuhrerMustang & trublusonicfan say Flynn fans (or otherwisr anti-Penders people) do, right? Send out others to stir sh*t up?

:P

Sounds like a legit theory to me.  Then again, I'd wonder why he didn't target Bumbleking instead.  Maybe Ken made another Google translate blunder in Korean this time :P

9dEiFa4.jpg

Whoever did this I hope they were fired straight after. Talk about bloody laziness. =[

And funny thing is, this isn't the only example! There was an artist for the Sonic X comic (I think he only worked on two issues) who traced everything. Every single character was traced from a Sonic X screenshot and I think he did get fired for it once they found out.

That's odd... I never noticed the photoshopped background until now. That's awful!

(Also, why is the lower half of that last image faded?)

First of all, boo to losing the better part of eight months of forum activity. But, yay to those who've obviously worked their butts off to bring the forum back with as much as they did. Seriously, guys, thank you. I've missed this place. It seems to be the only Sonic forum that's still alive. 

9dEiFa4.jpg

Second... What the actual hell?! I can tell this isn't Penders (the quality is too good), but whoever it was was (someone please tell me. I want to say Ron Lim, but I'm not sure) was pretty unprofessional here. I mean, it's one thing to reuse similar poses and such, but to practically copy the same exact poses from the same exact angle...? Would it really have taken a pro that much longer to draw something new? 

I'm not saying there's never a time for re-using art. Sometimes it's an effective way of making a point. Par example, a page from Transformers Spotlight: Trailcutter:

tumblr_nl5i6wGrFu1teg32yo1_1280.png

Three panels of the exact same shot of Whirl's face. It's for humour's sake, of course. But there are other places where it can be appropriate too. But, just copying art you've used in a previous issue for what we can only surmise to be sheer laziness is... well, lazy... and unprofessional. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The "artist" for that story was Michael Higgins. This was the only issue he worked on. For obvious reasons.

More examples of his "work":

fLRjFbU.png

At least two of the poses on this page (#83, Steven Butler) were copied on the page below:

ShS68sX.png

Also the style Rotor's drawn in keeps changing, denoting various sources.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Egg-Man. That just proves how much some of these writers don't give a shit when they don't bother to actually look up the proper spelling of Eggman.

Also is he the one who drew Heart of the Hedgehog and made Tails look like road kill?

Also is he the one who drew Heart of the Hedgehog and made Tails look like road kill?

This was the only issue he worked on. For obvious reasons.

The "artist" for that story was Michael Higgins. This was the only issue he worked on. For obvious reasons.

I had to double-check but it's worth noting Higgins did get some inking work; he inked Axer's artwork for the Knuckles/Chaotix back-up in #166. He might have inked some others, but I can't think of many other stories.

I wasn't aware he was a penciler though... and if his work as a penciler meant he just swiped from other artists, yeah, I'm glad they didn't hand him more work to pencil.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess it was Gabrie who gave him work in the first place.

Tails looks similar to his appearance in Heart of the Hedgehog

The Egg-Man. That just proves how much some of these writers don't give a shit when they don't bother to actually look up the proper spelling of Eggman.

I think that's meant to be a pun on "sticking it to the man," a not uncommon urban colloquialism.  C.f. "gal pal," and so on.  Awkward writing, perhaps too keen to be trendy, but not necessarily wrong, per se.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that's meant to be a pun on "sticking it to the man," a not uncommon urban colloquialism.  C.f. "gal pal," and so on.  Awkward writing, perhaps too keen to be trendy, but not necessarily wrong, per se.

The 90's sounding slang was really the thing I was hoping wasn't ported from SatAM into the comics.

Actually, can somebody try to dig up some good art from the Penders comics? In particular from when the Knuckles backups ended onward.

Aand in other Penders related news... 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/576265088711016448

Okay in all honesty, this rather obviously is joking on behalf of that editor. 

That being said, given what Penders work ethic was like when working for Star Trek, I just gotta wonder if this wasn't what the guy was thinking when having to work alongside Pendejo. 

Probably not, but it's a nice fantasy no?

Okay in all honesty, this rather obviously is joking on behalf of that editor. 

Yeah, I mean he thinks Penders has creativity! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I mean he thinks Penders has creativity!

To be fair, Ken isn't completely devoid of creativity. It would be dishonest of me to assert that Ken has never had any good ideas. But he's had far more terrible, and baffling creative choices, ideas than not. I will say that I do like the fact that Ken took risks during his tenure. Sure, a lot of them were stupid and unnecessary. But Ken isn't incapable of doing anything interesting. This thread is proof of that fact. Ken may not be all that good, but not virtually everything he's done has been a colossal failure.

• Thumbs Up 6

9dEiFa4.jpg

Tell me. How lazy can one get?

Tell me. How lazy can one get?

Well, consider that Alicia, the queen, is just wearing a t shirt in opposed to any sort of costume design at all.

Since I doubt it survived the Server Crash of 2015:

Remember when I was trying to come up with a convoluted way of saying the name of a villain Ken Penders had made (Overide), came up with O-vuh-ree-day, and then FatPanda noticed it sounded like Ovary Day?

• Thumbs Up 2