Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

lol yeah, I do remember that. XD

Tell me. How lazy can one get?

Not in the main series, but there were two issues of Sonic X which had very obviously traced artwork from the anime. Literally the entire comic was made up of traced art. It was like a DeviantART nightmare.

Since I doubt it survived the Server Crash of 2015:

Remember when I was trying to come up with a convoluted way of saying the name of a villain Ken Penders had made (Overide), came up with O-vuh-ree-day, and then FatPanda noticed it sounded like Ovary Day?

Heh, yep, I remember that... I'm still wondering if Overide was really meant to be a villain or not, given the singular mention of his name. I remember looking up other comic characters to see if he was just mentioning a different character... all it yielded were a couple of minor villains called 'Override'. I lean towards 'yes', if only because introducing an entirely new, never before mentioned villain who scares the likes of Dimitri and Lien-Da sounds pretty much like something Penders'd do.

I would like to take the opportunity to say that I love the subtitles of this thread, they always make me chuckle ^_^. Now let's make a moment of silence for the lost 200 pages...

I would like to take the opportunity to say that I love the subtitles of this thread, they always make me chuckle ^_^. Now let's make a moment of silence for the lost 200 pages...

• Thumbs Up 2

Since I doubt it survived the Server Crash of 2015:

Remember when I was trying to come up with a convoluted way of saying the name of a villain Ken Penders had made (Overide), came up with O-vuh-ree-day, and then FatPanda noticed it sounded like Ovary Day?

I remember it well. That is now my personal canon name for Overide. Can't wait to see what Ovary Day does in the story!

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/576921265409130496

So apparently The Lost Ones is a better than the new Fantastic Four movie that we know next to nothing about... I don't get it.

...pffffffthahahahahahhaha. Oh. Oh God. 

Yeah it does embrace it's roots alright. As a poorly made nothing of a comic that nobody in their right mind ever liked unironically!

• Thumbs Up 6

...pffffffthahahahahahhaha. Oh. Oh God. 

Yeah it does embrace it's roots alright. As a poorly made nothing of a comic that nobody in their right mind ever liked unironically!

But... but... it was a best-seller! The trailer said so!

Okay, can someone please explain to me what The Lost Ones even IS?

"All-Japanese X-Men Who Get Their Powers From Hiroshima".

In seriousness, The Lost Ones was Penders attempt at a solo-series by Image. It failed miserably. I've witnessed the horror myself. This thing's entire run consists so far of a single issue and a large portion of the Image Sonic Crossover, which was basically a glorified vehicle for this stinker of a book.

• Thumbs Up 2

^His wife's money. That's how.

Did they even release a plot synopsis of the F4 reboot yet? Like seriously? The director put out Chronicle, which was a movie I really enjoyed*. How about we wait for the movie to come out before deriding it?

*Even tho I think that Max Landis is a d-bag.

ohh eww! i coudn't finish to watch it.. its so awful....

i just ...

how did he financied that?

Calling it 'financed' is being generous, given the high school tier quality.

Calling it 'financed' is being generous, given the high school tier quality.

Don't insult High School students like that! D= I've seen some actual decently done stuff done by High School students.

"All-Japanese X-Men Who Get Their Powers From Hiroshima".

You also forgot to mention that it's villain was shamlessly going to be Dr. Robotnik in another body hoping to conquer the multiverse with the Lost Ones... somehow.

No, I am not kidding.

• Thumbs Up 2

^His wife's money. That's how.

Did they even release a plot synopsis of the F4 reboot yet? Like seriously? The director put out Chronicle, which was a movie I really enjoyed*. How about we wait for the movie to come out before deriding it?

*Even tho I think that Max Landis is a d-bag.

He's going off on the trailer that's been released, which some say is a bit 'grim' for a proper F4 movie. Personally I think he should have thought twice before pulling THAT card on an adaptation that features a black Human Torch...

Don't insult High School students like that! D= I've seen some actual decently done stuff done by High School students.

You're right. My bad there. 

You also forgot to mention that it's villain was shamlessly going to be Dr. Robotnik in another body hoping to conquer the multiverse with the Lost Ones... somehow.

No, I am not kidding.

I felt the offensive ripoff premise deserved more attention. Fun fact, despite the team being touted as all Japanese and Hiroshima playing such a big part of the backstory? The entire frigging issue takes place in the USA. Instead of, oh I don't know, JAPAN. WHERE HIROSHIMA SURVIVORS AND THEIR DESCENDANTS LIVE.

But yeah. That was also a thing. Dr. Droid. AKA Generic McNineties Villain.

I'm so tempted to do a reply tweet telling him how fucking stupid that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so tempted to do a reply tweet telling him how fucking stupid that is.

Do eeet!! The temptation COMMANDS yoooouuuu~!

Badly photoshopped images are better than an official trailer for a film we know exists (keep in mind The Lost Ones film could be a figment of his imagination eternally unfinished so easily).

I really would like to know what reason he'd give for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay. Okay, what in the hell is happening in that Lost Ones trailer. No, seriously, what is happening? It's all just a mess of random scenes that don't make no sense in any sort of context.

And now that I have seen the trailer, I can safely say that the chances of The Fantastic Four (or whatever,you could replace that with anything) being as bad as this is low, going by how awkward the whole thing looks. Note the trailer date. July 2012. What's happened since then?

Okay. Okay, what in the hell is happening in that Lost Ones trailer. No, seriously, what is happening? It's all just a mess of random scenes that don't make no sense in any sort of context.

It's not really explaining much of anything beyond 'people with powers have orange eyes in this universe!' and I think they were implied to be cyborgs that were abandoned.

It's not really explaining much of anything beyond 'people with powers have orange eyes in this universe!' and I think they were implied to be cyborgs that were abandoned.

Sadly, your guess would actually be more fitting for something called 'The Lost Ones'. The series itself is about the descendants of Hiroshima survivors who develop powers, who are being hunted down by Dr. DRoid for... reasons that are never established clearly or even vaguely hinted at. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Has Penders actually said anything about Johnny Storm being black?

I remember hearing him get into a Twitter fight with Dan Slott over making Luke Cage white for... actually, why the hell DID Kenders think it was even close to a good idea to whitewash one of Marvel's most beloved heroes of color anyway?