Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I really don't see the point you are trying to make. When you make something to convince investors to buy into a product, you must prove to them that the product will be made to a high quality and it has a chance to make back the money they invested and more. 

I'm wasn't trying to imply that having a trailer is bad. The intention was that the fact it's so old & I (personally) haven't seen any other evidence, so that made me believe the film either wasn't finished (which is unlikely in hindsight), or has only just been finished (which I guess is understandable given the probable budget), or that Ken thinks he's going to finish it soon but isn't (be it in the foreseeable future, or ever). I's be curious if we do have more visual evidence of the films existence outside of Ken's tweets or his website (which I thought still existed, but didn't turn up in a search).

Noe I think about it, is it not possible that maybe he just decided, for whatever reason, that the whole thing was more viable as a film than a comic for whatever reason?

I'd hope to believe that he put some work into this in complete secret (so he hasn't just wasted his entire time since leaving the Archie Sonic comics), which granted doesn't mean the result is going to be very good, but still...

I'm not sure if this made the original post make more sense, but I certainly hope it makes my current opinions more clear.

Edited by Oscillo-Kaworu

Well, look above because there's a tweet from Penders where he claims it's still a project. Even then, a trailer is still a finished product. The movie may not be done but that doesn't give an excuse for a low budget, crappy trailer. A trailer is created from parts which has been finished and therefore is an overall finished product.

For example, look at Avengers Age of Ultron. The movie is likely still not finished yet and look at the trailers, they look absolutely fantastic. Here, the trailer looks like a lazy, sloppy piece of crap that Penders couldn't even have been bothered to try reshooting and fixing the lighting. It's grainy and uses extremely dated effects that look liked it was put together on Photoshop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why hasn't this moron been locked away in a padded room for the rest of eternity yet? theres evidence that Pendamn is clearly out of his mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's because the people in his town in charge of that are somehow dense enough to believe his excuses.

That, or (the more likely version) they don't think it's worth the trouble, or find entertainment in his antics. To be fair, it is like a train wreck.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's because the people in his town in charge of that are somehow dense enough to believe his excuses.

That, or (the more likely version) they don't think it's worth the trouble, or find entertainment in his antics. To be fair, it is like a train wreck.

That and... well, really, he needs to do something a bit more substantial than acting like a deluded jackass on the internet. 

Maybe when he finally flips out and streaks through his neighborhood in the Su-Kini....

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, that too. At any rate, it's doubtful he'll be regaining whatever he lost. Especially since he made it clear he doesn't want to be helped, despite needing it badly.

Oh, that too. At any rate, it's doubtful he'll be regaining whatever he lost. Especially since he made it clear he doesn't want to be helped, despite needing it badly.

Pft, you got that right. I said it once and I'll say it again; in the end it really, really doesn't matter how you approach him with the problems of what he's doing and how he's going about things. Whether you're polite about it and even a dedicated ass kisser or as blunt as possible about it, the guy absolutely refuses to accept any advise or help from anyone no matter how good the suggestion or how badly he needs it. He basically just wants to be praised forever and forever and always be considered right, rather than making a real effort to improve himself or his work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

i just looked at both the "the lost ones" and this other... sonic whatever thing i couldn't tell what the hell it was

seriously what was that.......

i just looked at both the "the lost ones" and this other... sonic whatever thing i couldn't tell what the hell it was

Badly done work, that's what it is!

Pft, you got that right. I said it once and I'll say it again; in the end it really, really doesn't matter how you approach him with the problems of what he's doing and how he's going about things. Whether you're polite about it and even a dedicated ass kisser or as blunt as possible about it, the guy absolutely refuses to accept any advise or help from anyone no matter how good the suggestion or how badly he needs it. He basically just wants to be praised forever and forever and always be considered right, rather than making a real effort to improve himself or his work. 

And even being loyal to Penders isn't enough, since Paul Agnew had a title stolen from him.

For those not in the know (the people who do can ignore this), Paul had defended Penders repeatedly. Penders thanked him by taking the title of this thing without his permission. Paul eventually cut off all ties to Penders.

• Thumbs Up 1

But Penders is so entitled that he likely thought because the title used ''Lara-Su'', He had ownership over it. Wouldn't surprise me considering some of the other baffling things he's done.

• Thumbs Up 3

Badly done work, that's what it is!

And even being loyal to Penders isn't enough, since Paul Agnew had a title stolen from him.

For those not in the know (the people who do can ignore this), Paul had defended Penders repeatedly. Penders thanked him by taking the title of this thing without his permission. Paul eventually cut off all ties to Penders.

I'd almost forgotten about that. He claims he doesn't have enough time to talk to the guy about it, all the while posting on his forum and spending endless amounts of time on his twitter. 

This actually reminds me of something; he's been accused of stealing from fanfiction before. That scene in Endgame where Antoine and Bunnie officially hooked up was claimed by some to have been lifted from a fanfic (that likely no longer exists)... I used to not take the claim seriously, but in light of everything else, it does make me wonder if he might have in fact lifted things in the past. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Garbage, my friend. Complete, total garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was the movie pitch that Ken Penders presented to SEGA some years ago, for a Sonic movie.

It was the movie pitch that Ken Penders presented to SEGA some years ago, for a Sonic movie.

I still find it hilarious; he did this one year after *quitting* the comic because the editor asked him to include more game elements in Sonic 25YL, touting himself as the 'premier Sonic writer' despite having been replaced and even then not being universally loved. 

I can't help but think, doesn't Google cache images of webpages? I mean, that could be a way to archive the lost 200 so to speak.

I can't help but think, doesn't Google cache images of webpages? I mean, that could be a way to archive the lost 200 so to speak.

We do believe we have some cache's, but they'll have to be saved, because they won't last forever...

Yes, but it isn't exactly easy to go through 200 pages+ to track down a few posts.

Well I'm finally back after been wiped out.

And once again I see Mr Penders making daft statements about the world and trying to goat people into talking to him.

About the NSA comparison I think it's sort of fitting... if you think that both organisations are run by old asshats who have isolated themselves from reality and refuse to help anyone unless it benefits them... 

• Thumbs Up 2

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/577574627687301120

So Ken has just flat out compared the Brotherhood to the NSA... not sure what to think about that one.

It's not the first time he's said this, and frankly... it baffles me when he does. Much as he tries to paint the Brotherhood as a 'shades of grey' type organization, he gets horribly offended when you suggest that they're wrong about anything or less than competent. Making this comparison doesn't really mitigate things, and yet he acts like it's somehow reflective of deep writing from him. 

Penders is a guy who wants to write some kind of ambiguous, shades-of-grey type conflict, but he does so under the kind of black and white morality of a children's comic. It's... bizarre. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I forgot, what was Ken's excuse for him having the "all-wise" Brotherhood of Guardians throw the equivilant to a bully-but-otherwise-harmless teenager off a flying island to his death, when all said bully did was do relatively little to bully Knuckles?

• Thumbs Up 2

"Please pay attention to me. I'm important and relevant, really I am."

Same sentiment from his 'this is what a sci fi super hero film that stays true to it's roots' post.

He wants people to take notice of him and talk about him (... positively, that is). Unfortunately, much like his writing, he can't help but be a 'tell instead of show' sort of guy, so he feels he needs to tell people what they ought to be talking about.

I wonder if he's becoming increasingly aware when he goes to conventions and such that other creators generally don't know who he is.

• Thumbs Up 4

I forgot, what was Ken's excuse for him having the "all-wise" Brotherhood of Guardians throw the equivilant to a bully-but-otherwise-harmless teenager off a flying island to his death, when all said bully did was do relatively little to bully Knuckles?

Something about 'sending a message' that if you mess with one of their own, you're going to pay for it. 

No, he didn't acknowledge just how disproportionate this payback was, or address the horrific implications behind the mentality. He just had them attempt to murder someone for picking on Knuckles. 

• Thumbs Up 4

You know, this just reminds me how g*ddamn hypocritical Kenders is when it comes to his characters. ...Hear me out.

Remember the first few years of Ian's run on the book where he spent quite some time axing certain characters, and Kenny-boy berated him for killing of characters with potential? (BTW, anyone know if he threw a fit over Karl killing off Hunter with all the things that happeded during Return To Angel Island?)

He'd introduce characters like Julie-Su's long lost adoptive parents and name certain members of the Dark Legion or Echidnopolis, yet never do anything with them, yet complain when they are thrown out like chaff.

...And then blow up the whole planet, killing everyone, save for "Floating" Island. Honestly, I have no idea why Kenders feels he has to tell a prologue story with Geoffrey, when odds are the skunk (or whatever dumbass Avatar-esque name he'll be) is going to be dead in LSC's main narrative.

• Thumbs Up 3

If I recall this correctly, Ken was pretty darn ticked off with what went down in Return to Angel Island.  Going so far as to create the whole Antoine switch-a-roo with Patch when Karl had no intention of doing that, creating more tension between them and another stupid plot hole.  All because Karl, in hindsight, wanted to shake things up and move forward, while Ken still wanted to live in the outdated, stilted past.

• Thumbs Up 1