Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Wii U NPD LTD leak: 94,000 as of Feb 2014

Hero of Legend

Sonic 06 definitely reached a million.There was actually a Classics boxart for the 360 version (I don't think PS3 version had one). Sad eh?

Then again, for a Wii U title, the sales aren't really that bad. 

From a proxy standpoint, you might even consider them decent. Its rubbing elbows with M. Hunter and Rayman for one thing, and out pacing 101 by a ton

(I swear platinum is only capable of making astounding games that barely sell)

Lost World is a product of its environment, and is selling pretty much at the market level for third party stuff on the console. Would we like to see it doing better? Heck yeah, but at the same time, what 3rd party games are putting it to task? Can we even call this a tank, knowing full well that it is keeping pace with like minded outside titles?

I guess what I'm getting at is that the game sales are what we thought they would be. Hovering around the other target 3rd party games on the platform. Shouldn't we have expected this?

EDIT: Oh yeah, 06 certainly did go north of 1 mil in sales. How, I have no idea, but it did.

• Thumbs Up 2

In sales, or in hearts?

Both. The former took more time tho.

It took several years before 06 broke a million...

And the game was dirt cheap ($12 when I bought it in 2008) as the game was found in many bargain bins...

Not to mention the franchise still had some goodwill left at the time, despite ShTH coming out just previously. People still bought the game either because they were oblivious to how it turned out, or because they legitimately couldn't believe it turned out as bad as it did and had to see for themselves. Everything after that point is simple bile facination - for better or worse, its legendary awfulness is actually what enabled it to be a slow burner in sales to start with.

Why we compare games that recently come out in sales to 06 of all games when we have much better games to compare it to is beyond me.

Because using '06 in this case makes sense when considering critical reception against sales success.

Generations would also work as a high tier for it though. I think it sold about 2-3m. Colours was a solid 2m as well.

Because using '06 in this case makes sense when considering critical reception against sales success.

Generations would also work as a high tier for it though. I think it sold about 2-3m. Colours was a solid 2m as well.

According to FY2012 Sega Sammy’s financial report SG was shipped only 1.85M copies

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

I thought I would post the new Tails' Tips in this topic, as the previous one is now locked in the archive sub-forum.. 

Tails' Tip 14:

BjF4FtzIYAAyfqn.jpg

I didn't even know you could spindash whilst parkouring! I've just tried it and it does increase your height - whilst parkouring - by a considerable amount. Where was this Tails 'Tip when I needed it five months ago!!!

Tails' Tip 13

Bi2bUUDIcAA5kzo.jpg

Time to bash some badniks!

They're still doing these? Come on, Sega, just finish the Zelda DLC so you can forget this game existed until the inevitable Generations 2 like I know you want to.

• 1 month later...

So because the original thread was closed, I'm just reposting the information here.

Sonic Lost World (3DS and Wii U version combined) sold 710000 units as of March 31st, 2014.

If those were sales of the Wii U version, I'd consider that impressive. But considering it's Wii U and 3DS sales combined and past reports of combined 3DS and Wii U sales saying that the 3DS had the lion's share of sales (usually more than half of the total)...that's pretty poor.

Dammit Gabe, I was hoping the person who'd repost that info in this thread would say something along the lines of tired old console war bullshit so I could repeat the point I made in my sassy post from the closed thread!!

I guess I'm a tiny bit disappointed the game isn't doing too well 'cause I like LW, but whatever. I can't wrap my head around how fixated gamers are on sales, good or bad, honestly. It's a number I'll forget in like, five minutes.

Just at an estimate, I'd say SLW Wii U had sold about 140-150k globally now. Which at least means that the 3DS version did about par with other handheld-exclusive Sonic titles, maybe.