Awoo.

Sonic Robo Blast 2

Sean

See, I totally told you man.

Level stops being hard once you get good at it.

See, I totally told you man.

Level stops being hard once you get good at it.

No, the right path is still a spawn of the devil, it's just that I discovered that the left path is a lot less unforgivible and was easier to manage my first time through, unlike the right path.

GET BETTER AT THE GAME

Oh right, I haven't played the left path in ERZ1 yet. I was too busy with ERZ2! The left path in that act is really delicious.

Edited by Jake

GET BETTER AT THE GAME

That's a stupid excuse to justify bad level design.

Oh right, I haven't played the left path in ERZ1 yet. I was too busy with ERZ2! The left path in that act is really delicious.

And that bewilders me even more since the only explination I could come up with as to why you love this level was that you must have taken the left path, rather than the right.

Haha no way, I bask in the intensity and sadistic nature of this level far too much to ever want to take the left path.

Pft left path

Oh yeah and I make sure to master this level with Sonic only. No Tails, final destination.

Come on guys, it's not as hard as you're making it out to be

Come on guys, it's not as hard as you're making it out to be

No, that's just you. If I can have a near complete heel face turn by taking another route through a level, there's obviusly something wrong here, and it's not me.

But then again, hardly any of this would be a problem if the controls were god awful, especially in a level like this.

I deleated it. I.hate.Deep Sea zone!

Same here. Don't worry, play as Knuckles or Tails and you might find the rest of the levels better. Just don't take the right path on Egg Rock Zone.

Oh, and reinstalling it might also be a good idea before attempting the above.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

I think anyone who can get pissed at DSZ must get pissed when ever Sonic games use any sort of thought in your actions.

Yeah I downloaded it for a day. ERZ was hard as fuck but I love it. I got it, took me a huge amount of 1-ups, but I did it.

I only got two Chaos Emeralds though. D:

Honestly, I hardly die in ERZ anymore - except for those damned crushers in the left path of ERZ1 mumble mumble... I just thokked my way through and hoped for the best.

Still haven't been able to figure out how people even have trouble on DSZ. I mean I actually go back and play this level a lot, and try to encounter any areas that I feel would normally give the average player any trouble - but aside from the crumbling maze, which is entirely, 100% avoidable even if you end up in front of it, I haven't found any. It's really, really easy.

Finally got to play it... called it a day after three game overs on Egg Rock Act 1. Love the stage though, darn epic. I just wish they had been more generous with the 1-ups (that first air lock chamber was confusing as hell thanks to being upsidedown also (I'll admit, that's kinda unfair and bad game design for your first encounter with a gimmick), but at least there was a 1-up before it. Unfortunately that wasn't true of the checkpoint following it so my game ended there.

Deep Sea was fine, but I was playing as Tails so I was able to skip most of the annoying platformy stuff. I can't imagine ever having the patience to play through this thing as Sonic.

The crumbling maze was annoying, but it wasn't hard. Just boring and stupid.

Yes, I'm back again. You know what that means. Stand back if you don't like rabies.

So I got another shot at the final boss again. And after even more fucked up random guessing, I eventually found myself able to jump on its head, as if it were a platform. Now, okay, considering the giant bastard has a near-guaranteed instant-kill touch of death everywhere else (when you consider it's easy to fall off an edge immediately after getting hit that high up), there is nothing to indicate that the head is a weak spot or even a safe spot, and that in fact it has a giant spike on its head... WHY IN THE HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK WOULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER TRYING TO JUMP ON TOP OF IT. The fact that it can hurt you anyway if you stand there for more than a bit under a second (which is honestly harder than it sounds, given you have to right yourself to make sure you don't fall off the edge immediately after) is just rubbing salt on the wound. And need I remind anyone that there's only one ring in the whole arena, and it bounces too damn high and too close to the boss to recollect if you get hit up there.

And that's not all! God no, dear sir! I actually took it apon myself to look for a guide for the fight (and I generally don't do that unless the fight is absolutely broken or incredibly, obscurely confusing), and it turns out a later part of the fight (which I'm told, comes after jumping on its head as colourfully described above, FIVE TIMES) involves jumping on top of a rocket fired from the boss, and riding it. Okay, now let's get something straight here. A rocket is a projectile. A projectile can harm you. The game is somehow expecting you to jump onto something that can harm you for the opportunity to harm the boss Dr. Strangelove style, WHEN ANY MERE INKLING OF COMMON SENSE GATHERED FROM THE PAST 20 YEARS OF GAMING HISTORY WILL CHEERFULLY REMIND YOU THAT IT SHOULD BE THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD EVER EVER EVER DO IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, LET ALONE THE LACK THEREOF OF THE BOSS'S.

Jesus christ, I can't believe this shit. ERZ suffered enough from horrifically bad level design, but even THAT can be overcome over time - the final boss is nothing short of absolute retardation and Sonic Team Jr should be ashamed for letting it pass. Also, I know it's not any fault on the game's part, but by the time I managed to get to ERZ act 3, I am ONE emerald short of the full set. Probably would've had them all by now if I actually remembered where the second one in Greenflower Act 2 was like I used to, but nonetheless I'm still disappointed I can't yet see this legendarily hard 7th special stage that everyone complains about. Maybe that's a small mercy to stop me from showering you all with even MORE colourful criticism.

Whoo.

The final boss was pretty rad, though I was expecting it to have more attack patterns...

Then again, the OVA and all.

For my sanity's sake... I've just made it to the bit where you're sliding along a la Deep Sea's slides, on Egg Rock Act 2...

How close am I to the end of this strangely fun yet torturous gauntlet? D=

Wow, I remember playing this game years ago...

"Hey guyz... wantz to play t3h CTF in da Zim's base and then we'll co-op with the guy I made on sock editorz"

-Me 4 years ago

For my sanity's sake... I've just made it to the bit where you're sliding along a la Deep Sea's slides, on Egg Rock Act 2...

How close am I to the end of this strangely fun yet torturous gauntlet? D=

Oh, just some more life-threatening torture rooms (including one that hearkens back to a certain Mega Man game) left and you're home-free! Oh and try to find the

disco room

while you're at it, too.

Fuck, I'm going to play this level again.

To me, SRB2 is awesome! :)

I mean come on, the new levels, palettes, and the new hud look awesome! This fangame deserves its rightful place in first at SAGE. Anyone Agree?

Oh, just some more life-threatening torture rooms (including one that hearkens back to a certain Mega Man game)

Please dont say its a dissapearing block room or a room filled with one hit kill lasers D:

Edited by Blaziken

Please dont say its a dissapearing block room or a room filled with one hit kill lasers D:

Now I'm flashing back to that "Megaman: Wily does it himself" video...

"You can't not die."

So I went online with the game for the first time. Most of the matches I played were a bit laggy (most of them had a ping of 400 or higher), but it was still fun to play nonetheless. I'm a bit miffed that the extra weapons still use rings as ammo though, when each of them clearly has their own ammo count. Needless to say, it makes the full-auto ring damn near useless and the bomb ring absolutely godlike. Not to mention co-op games are damn near unplayable at later levels (and too many people keep hosting them :( ). Like I said before, Hide & Seek is surprisingly fun, and it only gets better the more players join in (the server I played on had roughly 7 hiders to the one seeker), though seeing everyone choose Knux and hide by clinging to walls got really old after a while.

Also, as I mentioned in the game myself, "holy rule of Hide & Seek - nobody looks in the water." XD

The custom content is finally starting to get some prominence again too, and I'm happy about that. My current custom roster consists of Hinote, Senku (both fanchars), Shadow and Tails Doll (no, not kidding). I had a Rouge and a Silver too, but I didn't like them as much as I thought I would, for various reasons. Hinote has convinced me to take up Sonic as a secondary, despite the overwhelming difficulty of later SP levels - I've seen people do insane things with the midair thok (such as defeating the final boss in under a minute - or maybe it was thirty seconds), so I suppose I could find some use in it if I learn how to avoid overshooting my targets.

Edited by Blacklightning

At least the

Heat Man blocks

aren't as bad in this game as they were in Mega Man!

I haven't been able to defeat the final boss in under a minute. The best I've come up with was with Sonic (I suck with Tails), at 01:07:77. I've seen that video in which Sonic defeated Eggman in 44 or so seconds, it was incredible.