Awoo.

Loading issues?

Mando-Whirl-Wind

The web pages have been loading extremely slowly for me since I got back to my college, and was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, as I dont think its just my internet as I'm not having this level of an issue as my other sites are loading somewhat normaly

I know we have been having some server hiccups lately, and I was wondering if it might be connected to that? and perhaps it might be time for that server reset if it hasnt happened already

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• Mando-Whirl-Wind

• Autosaver

• Crash

Same here, sometimes it just crashed and I have to retype everything, luckily when it starts taking too long, I copy all that I've written.

Hope it gets fixed soon!

I'm not convinced it's an issue on our end since they're loading fine for a lot of users. There is a good chance that you guys are experiencing a problem on a hop between where you're connecting from and our server; if you're unaware of what a "hop" is, I'd suggest looking it up on Wikipedia or another source (however it can be considered as just an arc or point that you connect through for the purposes of this discussion).

This is a common issue during the Winter/Spring seasons as many data centres can experience issues with connectivity due to weather related outages. In particular, I know that Shaw in Canada and some branches of AT&T in the United States are experiencing issues as of late due to a hop between the northern areas and California, which could be the culprit for your slow or frozen loading times.

aw ok, thanks for checking, I use Cable one in AZ, so not overly surprised as opposed to my satelitte internet back at home... so hopefully it should clear up in a couple days

aw ok, thanks for checking, I use Cable one in AZ, so not overly surprised as opposed to my satelitte internet back at home... so hopefully it should clear up in a couple days

It generally isn't a long running issue per location. You should see an improvement in a day or two and at most a week. If your ISP notices the issue and has significant leverage over their network (for example, not renting it from any of the larger networking companies) then they may attempt to add extra hops to your connectivity possibilities (a detour, essentially).