Awoo.

Cancelled Sonic Adventure Burger King Promotion comes to light

Badnik Mechanic

blink.png

Dude, really?

Just because a line of Burger King toys never seen the day of light, that doesn't mean Sonic is dying. Like where's the logic in that?

They were just scrapped for whatever reason 

Oh really?

I should read news exactly.

Oh. this means. Sonic is dying?..

or Sega Sammy will be start that abolish Sonic franchise?

or. just a merchandise is cancelled?

Anyone can explain this?

Are you for real!? This is from back in the 90s!

The art for the Amy figure says it's a "large Character" and makes mention of special fabric. That, combined with the pose, suggests to me that the Amy toy might have been a larger plush not found in the boxes. It's not too uncommon a situation for burger king to have it's regular line of toys in the boxes and then a larger toy that you have to collect vouchers for or pay separately.

All speculation of course, and why they'd choose Amy for the bigger toy rather than Sonic is beyond me so I'm probably wrong :P

The art for the Amy figure says it's a "large Character" and makes mention of special fabric. That, combined with the pose, suggests to me that the Amy toy might have been a larger plush not found in the boxes. It's not too uncommon a situation for burger king to have it's regular line of toys in the boxes and then a larger toy that you have to collect vouchers for or pay separately.

All speculation of course, and why they'd choose Amy for the bigger toy rather than Sonic is beyond me so I'm probably wrong tongue.png

That reminds me of the Toy Story plushes that Burger King had during the film's theatrical release.  They were very well-constructed and despite obviously not having the same unique features as the actual toys (buttons on Buzz's chest didn't work; Woody didn't have a pull string), they were actually really good substitutes.  Enough to satisfy easily-impressionable five-year-old Tara, anyway. XP

If this promotion had figures of that quality, I would have been one happy collector, to say the least.

post-6160-0-05972500-1395241881_thumb.jp Notice how on Big's it says Cat that means that this was so early in development that Big didn't even have his name yet. post-6160-0-02225200-1395241932_thumb.jppost-6160-0-21781700-1395241973_thumb.jp57-6.jpgpost-6160-0-86098500-1395243079_thumb.jppost-6160-0-18907600-1395243071_thumb.jppost-6160-0-09904400-1395243062_thumb.jppost-6160-0-37378500-1395243036_thumb.jppost-6160-0-74344700-1395243009_thumb.jp

post-6160-0-93670600-1395242101_thumb.jp

I think that think Sonic's holding is one of the rockets scattered throughout levels. Not sure why it's decorated in stars though. Probably to make it more appealing.

Also, having a Eggman AND Sonic toy bundled in would've been awesome. Two for the price of one!