Awoo.

Blue Sky Studio's Peanuts: Lights. Cameras. Beagles. (Nov. 6 2015)

Kaze no Klonoa

Kinda wish they called it something like "You're _____, Charlie Brown!" or "It's ______, Charlie Brown!" rather than Peanuts but other than that this looks fucking fantastic.

... actually yeah, that would've been nice to see...

Blue Sky was probably the best studio to do the animation. Out of the big four CGI studios these days, it's usually between them and Illumination Entertainment when it comes to really crude, simple styles that stand out from the norm.

I used to read the strips all the time when I was a kid, so the Peanuts fanboy in me made me dread the idea of a CGI film made by the same people who did Ice Age. But man oh man, that trailer just looks fantastic

1lcjyq.gif

They really nailed everything down with the look, and hearing Charles' son and grandson working on this gives me alot of hope.. As long as the writing still has some of the charm from the strip, I could easily see this being my favorite film next year.

• Thumbs Up 6

The animation is really great, I was wondering how they'd translate the style in CG and they're doing a good job by the looks of things. I always like it when studios think outside the box and combine various medium's styles like this rather than doing more-or-less the same type of thing each time.

Awww, the visuals and animation are gorgeous in motion! X3 There's no way they can screw this up.

Hmmm... It could be possible. No it can't, I know this is going to be awesome. I shall prepare the popcorn. What, you say not till another year? Bah..... Alright (Puts popcorn back in pantry sadly)

I've only seen one Peanuts special but I'm looking forward to thi. The animation and visual style looks miles better than Blue Sky's previous work and charmed me instantly.

Like others, I was skeptical at first after hearing "CGI Peanuts", but after seeing the teaser, I'm actually looking forward to seeing more! I'm glad they're staying true the original and I really like that animation too!

• 11 months later...

Due to the server wandering out of the shops, a lot of things in this topic is sort of gone. I'll repair a bit there:

Trailers:

Posters:

A recent poster Blue Sky made is quite interesting. It's based off of The Grand Budapest Hotel's poster.

The resemblance is uncanny.

PeanutsGBHposter-692x1024.jpg

The Grand Budapest Hotel 

GPHposter-691x1024.jpg

The poster was probably made for kicks but it's pretty nice how they poked some jabs at the Charlie Brown characters.

Other posters:

http://geektyrant.com/news/snoopy-and-charlie-brown-the-peanuts-movie-character-posters

• Thumbs Up 6

Poster is great, but I hope we get a new trailer soon which focuses more on the plot and other characters in the film besides Snoopy, Woodstock and Charlie. I really like the look of this and I want to see if the story is just as competent as the animation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Gang's all here! A new poster just came up! It's a large one, but how many of these Peanuts characters do you know?

peanuts-exclusive-poster-138669.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Are all of those previously seen characters? Cause, if they are, I suddenly feel very inadequate as a Peanuts fan.  :blink: Aside from the obvious, I see Shermy, Pig Pen, Franklin, Marcy, Peppermint Patty, Patty, girl who I've seen but don't remember the name of, Sally, Linus, other girl who I've seen but don't remember the name of, Schroeder, Lucy, and that's the Little Red Haired Girl up in the corner with popcorn in front of her face. And I think the dogs are Andy, Olaf, Spike, Marbles, and I want to say one of the girl dogs is named Daisy but I think I'm confusing that with Daisy Hill Puppy Farm. 

On a completely unrelated note, I hope theaters have those little Charlie Brown zigzag cups. 

Brilliant poster! Every time I look at it I see something new. X3

But what's up with all the Snoopy clones? I mean there's a poodle, a Dalmatian, fem!Snoopy. *not a Peanuts fan* XD;;

Yeah, they're his siblings. Fat one's Olaf, shaggy one's Andy, spotted one's Marbles, girl one's Belle (Thank you, Google), and the skinny one's Spike.

I have no clue who the "poodle" is, though. 

The Gang's all here! A new poster just came up! It's a large one, but how many of these Peanuts characters do you know?

peanuts-exclusive-poster-138669.jpg

Wow! That poster looks great!

Getting even more hyped each time I see it. I'm not a big fan of many of Blue Sky's movies, some were good but I honestly stopped caring after I saw most of them. I hope this movie will change my perspective of the company. At least a tiny bit.

I think Blue sky has tons of potential. Now if only they'd stop making those shitty Ice Age sequels.

Don't forget their obsession with casting such great "celebrities" as Drake, Niki Minaj and Pitbull. >_> Thankfully this movie isn't doing that.

Don't forget their obsession with casting such great "celebrities" as Drake, Niki Minaj and Pitbull. >_> Thankfully this movie isn't doing that.

• Thumbs Up 1