Awoo.

I went to the Australian Game Master Exhibition

AzureHedgehog

Yesterday was the day where I played 100 Games.

I went to the Game Master Exhibition at the Sydney Powerhouse Museum.

I had the best day ever.

If anyone remembers Sega World, it's as if Sega World never closed down and had just returned.

Although this was no way associated with Sega World, Sega games, including Sonic the Hedgehog was everywhere.
There was a big Sonic Lost World poster on the entrance of the museum.

I decided to count how many times I saw Sonic, but lost count.

I managed to play every single game I saw,  when you walked in they first had arcade games. Then they'd have the first consoles. They would have history of the consoles and the early games. When you'd walk in further the arcade games would get more modern and then all of a sudden you'd see rows of Sega Mega Drives (we call Genisises Mega Drives in Australia), Sega Saturns [i CAN'T PLAY SEGA RALLY!], Sega Dreamcasts, and they weren't all just Sega consoles there.

This place had the most  Playstation 3s i've ever seen, ever. Every game had its own console, and being there over 100 games, there must have been over 100 consoles.

The consoles were in protective glass containers so kids couldn't mess around with them.

I played Shenmue ("I wonder what's in this drawer? SOME GUY'S PANTS!!!") and for the first time, Chu Chu Rocket, which was exciting, because I still see the PAL version on Ebay occasionally. I am now addicted to it.

They had the very first Space Channel 5. You could play NIGHTS on the Saturn, and they had Ipads all over the place where you could watch movies about the producers and game designers talking about the games. Near the retro sega area there were Ipads showing Sonic the Hedgehog documentaries with Yuji Naka.

There was a virtual Air Hockey table that was designed exclusively for the exhibition. There would be a little bumper in the middle, so if the puck would hit the bumper, it would bounce back to you. It was a touch screen game as well.

Oh, and there was that swell time where I unintentionally broke Sonic 2 and caused an unintentional lockdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppvmlQWMm4Y

I believe they had more Sega and Sonic Consoles than they did Nintendo. I found out I hate using the Wii Pro Controllers and I thought that "they were only used for people who can't use the Wii Remotes for some odd reason".  I couldn't even move Mario in the Wii Shop version of Mario 64. ("WHERE THE HECK IS HE  GOING?!!?!")

At the store they had loads of Sonic Merchandise, including those REALLY CREEPY Sonic Pop figures and great Classic Sonic Styled t-shirts featuring Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, even Tetris alarm clocks that would play Tetris music when you'd wake up

I'll post pictures when I find an overall bloody good and reliable Photo Uploader. I took too many photos!

(Sorry, Imageshack, I don't like you anymore)

Our Highlights?
Playing Sonic Generations on a huge 3D Television with Glasses, Child of Eden on the Playstation 3, seeing Dreamcasts there, Shenmue Dreamcast, Nights, making sonic get stuck in Sonic 2, and Vib Ribbon.

THE EXHIBITION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 5, 2014!!

Web: http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/gamemasters/

(Sorry, Imageshack, I don't like you anymore)

Imgur is your friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap, I definetly need to go to this! I'm in the area, so looks like I can go April-May. :D I'll bring my camera along to take photos!

I went to this thing back in January, and seeing that you guys are probably SEGA fans, I wanted to mention that they had the old-school Outrun and Hang-On arcade cabinets that you could sit in/on.

I went to this thing back in January, and seeing that you guys are probably SEGA fans, I wanted to mention that they had the old-school Outrun and Hang-On arcade cabinets that you could sit in/on.

I played Out Run and Hang - On. I was pretty impressed by Hang On. For it's time, the controls for an arcade racing game like that are quite smooth and responsive, unlike other early racing games that i've played [i'll never forgive you, Sega Rally for the Sega Saturn]

The first series of Photos have been uploaded, [i took a lot of photos, so it may take me a while to upload them all!]

http://imgur.com/a/QUna0

• Thumbs Up 1