Awoo.

If other characters have there own game...

Rey Skywalker-Ren

If I'm going to play a spinoff title about a certain character, I'm going to play it for them, not for Sonic to come in and take the spotlight.

Seriously, I love Sonic, but I don't really need to see him in an important role in someone else's game. If Tails got his own spinoff, I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic pop up, but that's it. I don't see the need to get him involved in a title involving Silver or The Chaotix, and so on. 

I wouldn't mind seeing another character get a spinoff title, but it should be about what they are up to when their path doesn't cross with Sonic or something like that. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the question should be which character actually even DESERVES to have their own title.

My vote goes to Tails.

Same here. I would love to see Tails get his own side series. It helps that he's among the better received characters, so people will be more willing to give it a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like an Amy the Hedgehog game staring Amy and Cream fighting Eggman and appearances by Sonic and Tails to be very few. I would like a Silver the Hedgehog game and Shadow the Hedgehog 2 game and with no major Sonic involvement. Only when needed or if it fits nicely without taking the spotlight off them. They could in fact be encouraging to Sonic helping him out instead. But the one game I strongly would like would be a Tails the Fox game where it will be simliar to Sonic the Hedgehog except reversed where Sonic is the "sidekick" and follows Tails. :) It could have Knuckles too there. :D They could have a Knuckles the Echidna game where Tails follows Knuckles to help him out and yes Sonic could come too but not steal spotlight. :unsure: Anyway those are my suggestions. I agree with most others with Sonic not taking up spotlight and look forward to any game about one of the other characters. :) Silver is due for his own game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I think it's kind of awful to take the idea of giving a character his/her own adventure, making him go his own way, and then shove Sonic in it as a mentor or, even worse, a guy who needs to give others his powers so they can beat a Final Boss. Why? It would destroy the whole point of showing that a character is capable on his/her own as he/she would NEED to still have Sonic around to be capable of beating the villian. Putting a character in the spotlight just to let Sonic come in and steal it when it counts the most is just weak imo.

Just because Sonic is in the game doesnt mean hes stealing the spot light. im know some are tired of looking at his blue ass but damn... he helps his friends.

Just because Sonic is in the game doesnt mean hes stealing the spot light. im know some are tired of looking at his blue ass but damn... he helps his friends.

Yes, he helps his friends, but he shouldn't be around them 24-7 or anything like that.

Like what the others said, with this sort of spinoff title, I say let them do their own thing, with little to no interference from the Blue Blur. That way, not only does the supporting character get their turn in the limelight, but Sonic also doesn't wind up looking like the Ace and risk making said supporting character's story pointless.

• Thumbs Up 3

I say, why waste the time giving someone else their own game when Sonic Team could instead focus on making better Sonic games? Do we really need characters to get their own games in the current state the series is in? I say no.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's not necessarily true.  You'll notice that Mario, Donkey Kong, and Wario seem to all take place in a different "universe," (with some unifying factors such as certain franchise staples) but they still show up in the same games together.  (Granted, not as they used to) - Unless you want all the spin-offs to be 100% canon (which I don't think should be the case), then having a world which vastly differs from the main series could work wonders for a spin-off.  I think what was really holding ShTH back as a game was the fact that they did try so hard to keep it loyal to typical Sonic setting as opposed to letting it just be its own thing.

They've grown to be completely different franchises altogether, differing in almost everything to each other. I don't know if that's what you would want for Sonic's friends, but it is true it could work wonders. And yeah, I'll have to agree that ShTH would have been much better if they had tried to make it its own thing, even though it would only make the game itself better while disrupting our comprehension of what the Sonic franchise is even further.

I say, why waste the time giving someone else their own game when Sonic Team could instead focus on making better Sonic games? Do we really need characters to get their own games in the current state the series is in? I say no.

No character should have there own game except for Sonic.

But why? I mean, they have, and if the idea is throughly thought through, or even produced by an outside group why not? it gives a chance to explore other peoples stories, adventures and gameplay styles. I mean there have been 4 cases: Tails' Adventure, Tails' Skypatrol(both solid for GameGear games), Knuckles' chaotix, which took the normal formula and flipped it on its head, and Shadow the hedgehog, which was a train wreck for several reasons, most those being more complicated than him being the main character, but rather what direction it was taken in

If they decided to have another team do a solo spinoff with an unique concept I would be all for it, but I do agree sonic team should not be the ones doing it

• Thumbs Up 1

I will admit a spinoff for any given character at this current point in time would feel rather sudden. I mean, yeah, we've got Sonic Boom incoming, which will bring back Sonic's closest friends as playable characters, but that's a different universe, and we've gone so long seeing only Sonic in the spot light. 

Let's say a character were to get a spinoff, (which I don't feel is going to happen for a while). I have a hunch that tells me it would be based on a Sonic Boom universe character depiction. I feel like if it's a success, then Sonic's friends will start to be looked upon in a more positive light. 

If there's one character that undoubtedly deserves a spinoff above anyone else IMHO, it's Silver the Hedgehog. Lord knows how untapped his gameplay potential is. Yeah, he may not really seem all that relevant anymore, but if Sonic Boom brought him back into the fray at some point and he became incredibly popular, his own title would be perfect. I don't care which version, but you could easily set it far into the future with his own unique world and cast of characters. No need to get Sonic involved at all, I really think a Silver spin off would be the best candidate for a self contained, standalone game.

That's assuming Sega would even be willing to invest in that and allow Sonic Team or BRB to go through with it. Yeah, it's honestly unlikely to happen, but I truly think Silver having his own game would have the most potential out of any Sonic character.

• Thumbs Up 2

I say at this point it is likely to help Sonic Team and Sega more if they do a game for other characters instead of always Sonic. That could be the reason why they not been doing so well because they are so focused on Sonic Sonic Sonic to the point they forget they have other exceptionally great characters. :)

Okay you heard it there first! Time to pack your bags everybody who is not Sonic! :( Yes Amy that includes you! Hurry up it's time to go. Yes Sonic she has to go she is not Sonic. :( Come on Shadow pack your bags! You heard what Sonikku-chan say. Only Sonic can have a game. :( Get on the bus you're all fired. *crying.* :( It fake you can come back! Sonic would get cancelled without you other characters! *tears of joy.* :)

I will strongly disagree with you that! :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, of course giving a supporting character, the apparent bane of non-Sonic gamers everywhere, a game to themselves instead of fixing the mess that Sonic's still halfway in would be a silly idea. The reality is, due to Sonic Team's various inconsistent foibles and screwups, the series still has a long way to go before they could actually make this a thing again.

With that said, though, I think the topic idea is still worth pondering over. It's like, what if, in some idealized future where the franchise's general reception is mended to a significant enough degree that they could actually get away with letting this happen to begin with, they actually give a supporting character some time in he limelight to themselves, would they still have Sonic act as a "safety net" of sorts for the audience to get acclimated to said supporting guy?

Don't you think you're being a bit... "overly fannish" with this statement? I mean, why do you think no other character deserve a game to themselves but Sonic? Yes, this is the Sonic franchise, but that does not mean that his supporting cast is so pointless that they could all be excised and everything would be all hunky-dory. Not only do some of the supporting cast have a relatively sizable fanbase in their own rights, but it's not like the characters will wind up replacing the Blue Blur should things wind up going "cattywampus". Also, a statement like this is undermining the whole point of the thread -- why bother pondering over the possibility of the topic happening if they don't "deserve" it happening in the first place?

What do you mean by being too fannish? what does it mean and how am i??

The reason why is because when they did it they fail. See this game?

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

yeeah it didnt go well right? Heres my thing and i am going to respond to the comment about Silver needing his own game. In ShTH they went too far with Shadows darkness to where it was comdedy. not only that but they disrespect Sonic so that Shadow can shine. Im sorry but if they want to make another character have there own game again they need to learn to respect Sonic. Sonic is a guy who is always helping, he has a big heart. They also need to respect the character they are making a game of. Why do they need to bring Sonic down to make Shadow better? Shadow can be amazing on his own in his game.

As for Silver neededing a game I disagree. I dont hate him. I love the little guy! Hes in my avatar with Sonic and I want to play as him again. Maybe with a wisps buddy. But Sonic 2006 was his game. He got more attentions then Sonic. You were force to play with him in Sonics story. So..... he doesnt need a game. Plus hes not hated anymore.

yeeah it didnt go well right? Heres my thing and i am going to respond to the comment about Silver needing his own game. In ShTH they went too far with Shadows darkness to where it was comdedy. not only that but they disrespect Sonic so that Shadow can shine. Im sorry but if they want to make another character have there own game again they need to learn to respect Sonic. Sonic is a guy who is always helping, he has a big heart. They also need to respect the character they are making a game of. Why do they need to bring Sonic down to make Shadow better? Shadow can be amazing on his own in his game.

I'll see your Shadow and raise you a Tails:

242px-Tails_Adventure_Coverart.png

This game is an underrated classic, and completely invalidates your claim that other characters would do badly in a game of their own. I suggest you play it some time (unless you've done so already).

• Thumbs Up 4

What do you mean by being too fannish? what does it mean and how am i??

Shadow the Hedgehog is a game filled to the brim with loads of problems, Sonic's role in that game being the least of them. You could take his completely superfluous and bland role out and nothing of value would be lost or gained. Shit structure being the general gripe of the game, but I digress. 

So just because that game treats Sonic badly, it failed? I don't completely follow, but while I have nothing against Sonic showing up in a brief cameo, that really shouldn't be indicative of a game's quality. Really, do you think Sonic would really be all that important or matter much to about half the possible characters that could get a spin off? For instance, if Team Chaotix got a spinoff, I highly doubt Sonic would be needed for a major role. The world doesn't revolve around him, and I would love to see the Sonic universe expand and see what it could do without him.

• Thumbs Up 3

but no one say the world revolve around him. I just say that Sonic could help move the story like in a Tails game Sonic can help him with nachanic while Tails fights

but no one say the world revolve around him. I just say that Sonic could help move the story like in a Tails game Sonic can help him with nachanic while Tails fights

...Ok, and while that's fine, I'm simply looking at the bigger picture and bringing up how Sonic's role would be unnecessary for other character spinoffs, not just Tails. I love Sonic just as much as the next guy, but if it's not his own game, I would like him to stay relatively out of it. Hell, that somewhat applies to Tails as well. I know I would love to see his self confidence and independence arc from the Adventure titles be expanded upon, whereas Sonic assisting would kind of undermine that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yes, he could, I guess, although mechanics isn't really his thing to begin with. Why, though? Why can't the supporting character carry the game in their own right, without the Blue Blur?

• Thumbs Up 4

I had an idea for tails creating a whole bunch of gadgets and using it on himself, and they can get pretty creative with his gadgets. Can't just be flying airplanes and dealing with wisp translator.

Make stuff, like how eggman makes stuff to take over the world.

Edit: this sounded a whole lot better in my head.

Another shadow game: something with him and rouge and omega working with G.U.N whatever G.U.N actually do. But with no guns.

Silver game: have still getting used to the present. If in correct his WHOLE life was basically living in crisis city. In 06 all he cared was taking out the iblis trigger and other stuff. But its 2014 now, so by now we think he would already adapt to present life, lol.

I would like a choatix game with vector, espio and charmy, were it is a detective game? Idk but I'd would like to see these guys more.

Knuckles: tower defense type of game except, defending master emeralds.

A lot of people liked Chao garden, do should that be its own game?

• Thumbs Up 1

It is okay Sonikku-chan calm down. Sonic will always be the shining star. :) If other characters get their own game Sonic will not shine less but will shine brighter. I guessing that Sonic is your favorite character. But seriously it is okay if they allow some games to focus on the other characters. Sonic can show up in them as long as he does not steal the game from them since it would not make sense than. Silver is the one who is overdue for a game. You are more then welcome to have your opinion but remember many here would like the other characters to get their own game. I am one of them and believe it could help Sonic team but that is my opinion. Anyway that is about what I have to say about it. :)
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yes, he could, I guess, although mechanics isn't really his thing to begin with. Why, though? Why can't the supporting character carry the game in their own right, without the Blue Blur?

Most of the characters dont have there own cast. They mostly only know Sonic thou. Nothings offensive about Sonic being a help.

If Sonic is in the game, it makes playing as the other characters seem kind of pointless, really.  Because then you might as well play as Sonic and his friend or just Sonic.  Unless, of course, you want to go the Luigi's Mansion route and have Sonic kidnapped as an excuse for why he can't be at his friend's side.  Really, though, with Sonic being my favorite character, the last thing I want is for him to be devolved into an Omochao character.  I mean, it starts with giving hints and then he's telling you to press the B. button to do a somersault and how somersaults are important for getting you through those tight places and then...

soniclostworldpreorderomochao2.jpg

good god how horrifying!

• Thumbs Up 5

I just wanted him to be important in these characters lives you know

Well not every character necessarily wants Sonic to be a part of their lives.

/meta response?