Awoo.

If other characters have there own game...

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Just because Sonic is in the game doesnt mean hes stealing the spot light. im know some are tired of looking at his blue ass but damn... he helps his friends.

Can't say that would work for the likes of this guy in his own game:Omega_12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

I just wanted him to be important in these characters lives you know

He is.  That's why he's an integral part to the development of the other characters in every game he's in.  The point of having a game for another character would be to see how they develop outside of their usual sphere of influence.  We don't need Sonic to be there because he's always there.

• Thumbs Up 5

For me, I feel like Sonic is neither necessary and to be honest better off absent if another character is supposed to be getting the spotlight in a game. Like others have mentioned, him having a strong presence in such a game would be a hindrance due to there being little to no reason why Sonic himself isn't playable. If anything, Sonic would need to be a secondary if not cameo character for this to work. No we can't just pull in scenarios where Sonic would be stuck in an almost entirely supporting role, that would require him to be either out of character, like say the example of him working on machines while Tails fights even though Sonic has hardly been shown to be a whiz at mechanics and would never really give up the option for action for the sake of fiddling with a device. Otherwise you'd need to pull some crazy justification for him being on the sidelines like someone cursing him to take away his speed or maybe him breaking his legs or something along those lines. He's just better off with a more subtle investment in the overall plot of the story. Like even considering all of the issues Shadow the Hedgehog had, it handled this pretty well, since Sonic was just one of the many support characters that Shadow could team up with, yet he also had a stronger presence than most of the others in having his own boss fight (well he was more of a prop in the boss but whatever). If anything I don't think Sonic should get more prevalent than that, aside from maybe getting a full on boss fight next time.

Most of the characters dont have there own cast. They mostly only know Sonic thou.

That can easily be remedied, as the Donkey Kong Country and Wario Land/Ware games have shown. The whole point of games like this is to at least try to develop them into being more than just some satellite character.

Nothings offensive about Sonic being a help.

There's also nothing offensive about Sonic not being a help in such a game. The world doesn't revolve around him, after all -- and that's a good thing, else he runs the risk of being a "Gary Stu" type of non-character.

Why, exactly? Not every character likes or even gives two hoots about him in the first place so, in some characters' cases, having Sonic serving as such an apparently major influence in their lives would be absolutely pointless and self-serving.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of the characters dont have there own cast. They mostly only know Sonic thou.

ZJOKk7x.png

Colors DS and Generations' forced appearances and one-liners that Sonic mostly didn't even reply to aside, Sonic and this triple threat have hardly even exchanged a single word with each other.

uiCyf0Z.jpg

This whole cast doesn't circulate around Sonic, they're different beings with different mindsets. Some of them like Tails, Amy and Knuckles are extremely close friends with Sonic, yes. But there's those who aren't so close and have their own little gang like the Chaotix, and others who prefer to be on their own like Blaze and Big.

He's the main character, but that doesn't give him a key to the others' mind control rooms.

• Thumbs Up 3

Heck, Generations had that tiny sub-plot which showed that Sonic's heroics were actually harming the Chaotix's own mission. As Tails said that one time, "You're no HELP!"

The surprising thing isn't that Sonic wasn't helpful, it's that Generations had a sub-plot.

I never say the world revovle around him. Why would you say that?

Because everything else that you have been posting kinda makes it seem like you want Sonic to be the main deal even when the other characters are supposed to be the one who are the main deals.

Whatever your intent, your posts don't really match up.

• Thumbs Up 3

I never say the world revovle around him. Why would you say that?

Frankly, it's because your argument is basically implying that. Again, a game focusing on a supporting character doesn't have to have Sonic in it.

no I would never think that. I know Sonic doesnt have to be in every game.

no I would never think that. I know Sonic doesnt have to be in every game.

No character should have there own game except for Sonic.

...Um?

This is what others are trying to say and frankly they have an incredibly clear point. Your posts... near to never match up. One minute you're saying Sonic should be on top of the world, the next, sorry to be blunt, but most likely as a safety net, you play innocent.

We're not trying to be 'horrible' or anything.

• Thumbs Up 6

Problem is theres a good reason why there shouldnt be spinoffs of other Sonic characters. Because they simply dont know how to do it whithot going too far.

Problem is theres a good reason why there shouldnt be spinoffs of other Sonic characters. Because they simply dont know how to do it whithot going too far.

The dev team's incompetence doesn't have much to do with that a game focusing on a supporting character doesn't necessarily require Sonic being in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is such an unfair generalization it's not even funny.

You can't just say they don't know how to pull off a spinoff with another character just because of one or two bad games; especially when in said games there were a multitude of problems that weren't even related characters that ruined those games. Just because Sonic doesn't have a major role in a spinoff that involves a different character it doesn't outright make the game bad. Sonic wasn't in Tails' Adventure and it was still a pretty good game, after all.

you didnt understand what I say. There was more problems with Knuckles Chaotix and ShTH. My problem with ShTH was that the game was taking it self too serious that it was actually funny and it had a terrible but cool villian. Knuckles Chaotix i feel wasnt a Knuckles game. Why I think so is because it was suppose to be a Espio and the Chaotix game and I think they put Knuckles on the box to make the same sell. other then that the gameplay sucks.

I dont think SEGA is going to make another character spin off when ShTH bomed big time.

you didnt understand what I say. There was more problems with Knuckles Chaotix and ShTH. My problem with ShTH was that the game was taking it self too serious that it was actually funny and it had a terrible but cool villian. Knuckles Chaotix i feel wasnt a Knuckles game. Why I think so is because it was suppose to be a Espio and the Chaotix game and I think they put Knuckles on the box to make the same sell. other then that the gameplay sucks.

I dont think SEGA is going to make another character spin off when ShTH bomed big time.

You're still not addressing my point: that a game focusing on a supporting character does not inherently need Sonic to show up in it. That the dev team has proven to be incompetent with making games doesn't make it any less true -- by that logic, a Sonic-only game should no longer be worth pursuing due to how they screwed up with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're still not addressing my point: that a game focusing on a supporting character does not inherently need Sonic to show up in it. That the dev team has proven to be incompetent with making games doesn't make it any less true -- by that logic, a Sonic-only game should no longer be worth pursuing due to how they screwed up with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Lost World.

Of course it doesnt need Sonic really. I was only sujjest he show up but it can work both ways. I like the characters to have there own cast in there game. No Sonic and no Eggman.

Just because one game bombed doesn't mean they can't make another one or something similar. 06 bombed even harder than, on a critical standpoint, ShTh and look, we still are getting Sonic Games. Lost World bombed too, and, guess what, we're getting Boom, which is going to be a huge investment in the series so long as it meets expectations. Not only did you just support my claim in why those games flopped rather than supporting your argument of why a spin off should have sonic help the main character, but just because the Dev team was incompetent for a couple of games, it doesn't outright garuntee SEGA never venturing into the character spinoff territory again. ALSO, you can't include "Sonic didn't have that major of a role" as a problem for a game. By that Logic I can say that a problem in Unleashed was that "Shadow didn't play a major role." which isn't a problem at all.

Of course it doesnt need Sonic really. I was only sujjest he show up but it can work both ways. I like the characters to have there own cast in there game. No Sonic and no Eggman.

That's all well and good, but why did you say this, then:

I mean, statements like this just makes your argument seem unnecessarily contradictory. Please, be honest here: do you, or don't you, want other characters besides Sonic to have their own game, with as little/nonexistent a role for Sonic as possible?

• Thumbs Up 1

ALSO, you can't include "Sonic didn't have that major of a role" as a problem for a game.

You people need to stop twisting my damn words. I didnt give a fuck that Sonic didnt have a big role in Shadows game. I just hate the way he was treated to make Shadow look mature and awesome. Big fucking different. ;-/

That's all well and good, but why did you say this, then:

I mean, statements like this just makes your argument seem unnecessarily contradictory. Please, be honest here: do you, or don't you, want other characters besides Sonic to have their own game, with as little/nonexistent a role for Sonic as possible?

I rather have games focus on Sonic but I dont mind other characters having there own games without Sonic as long as they and there cast is treated with respect.

Heck, Generations had that tiny sub-plot which showed that Sonic's heroics were actually harming the Chaotix's own mission. As Tails said that one time, "You're no HELP!"

The surprising thing isn't that Sonic wasn't helpful, it's that Generations had a sub-plot.

tumblr_mc6lstwIvb1rripibo1_250.gifWhere was this!?

You people need to stop twisting my damn words. I didnt give a fuck that Sonic didnt have a big role in Shadows game. I just hate the way he was treated to make Shadow look mature and awesome. Big fucking different. ;-/

Then you should have said /that/ rather than

Because from the way you said it, it makes it seem like you want Sonic himself to have a major role in a different character's game. I am not fucking twisting your words, you are the one twisting your own words simply because someone said something you don't like. He was treated piss poorly in Shadow, but what you are posting is not only contradicting your claims, but it is also not the damn reason why there shouldn't be another spinoff with a different character, because that is what you are making it seem like, not me.

Also, you completely ignored the rest of my post to say that. If you want to rebute something, rebute the whole post rather than one part you don't like.

What exactly do you mean by.."Too far"?

Look I dont mind other characters having a spin off if its done right. Okay? Im not a hater. I dont have much faith in character spinoffs but I wont light my tourch if it happen.