Awoo.

Dailygeekery.com Login

JezMM

Every now and then on SSMB I get a message asking for admin username and password, requested from a site called dailygeekery (or something similar, working from memory).  Has anyone else been getting this?  I'm PRETTY sure it's only happened on SSMB, but it's only happened like once a day, tops.

No ill effects, I just hit cancel and continue browsing as normal.

Quick Scan on Microsoft Security Essentials brought up nothing just in case it was something dodgy going on with my comp, though running a Full Scan now to be sure.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• JezMM

• Salamander

• Badnik Mechanic

Popular Days

Never had anything like that on my end, both when browsing logged in and at my college campus when I'm not logged in.

Hard to do any investigation into the issue without some sort of topic or reference sadly. Likely isn't an issue relating to our universal design or any ads.

As I posted earlier this morning, I got it on page 1 of the TwitchPlaysPokemon thread, consistently, and nowhere else.  I'll go check and see if it's still doing it.  And, yep, it's still doing it.  Here's your reference:

I also wondered if it was a virus of some kind (hence I initially posted in the virus report thread), but with hindsight it seems perhaps more likely that somebody's linked media from this particular website which was subsequently put under password protection?

As I posted earlier this morning, I got it on page 1 of the TwitchPlaysPokemon thread, consistently, and nowhere else.  I'll go check and see if it's still doing it.  And, yep, it's still doing it.  Here's your reference:

I also wondered if it was a virus of some kind (hence I initially posted in the virus report thread), but with hindsight it seems perhaps more likely that somebody's linked media from this particular website which was subsequently put under password protection?

Opening post has an image linked directly from the mentioned website. I've removed the image -- does it still request a login?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I feel like it happened in the TwitchPlaysPokemon thread now that I think about it... maybe that was the issue and it happened every single time I went to the first post for the link to the channel.  Could be mystery solved.