Awoo.

Hover: Revolt of Gamers (PC/Wii U/PS4/XBONE) | JSRF meets Mirror's Edge

#AR

Definitely been keeping tabs on this game - it's the type of creative, colorful, energetic game I can't get enough of.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not too hyped about the graphics (even with the style they are going for, they could be better) but it's something I can easily ignore, the gameplay looks like it could be fun, the story has some serious JSR vibes and Naganuma is composing the music, that's enough for me to keep an eye on this.

Just add some interesting game modes and I'm sold.

*scrolls through*

New PC game... cel-shading... yeah, seems like the usua--

*Naganuma composing soundtrack*

Jonah-hill-shock.gif

*watches video*

...Okay, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. It's not often I get interested in modern indie PC releases... but this is one of those.

According to their Twitter, the game is coming to Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One as well. 

HOVER.png

I'm really looking forward to this. I love the futuristic look it has, how it's like Jet Set Radio and Mirror's Edge had a baby, and Hideki Naganuma is composing the soundtrack. It's certainly something that I must have in my life. Apparently a kickstarter is suppose to be coming soon, and I certainly wouldn't mind supporting it.

Hmm, this looks really cool as a game. Perhaps when the game comes out, I'll buy it. I really like how the game plays as seen in the video. The first person parkour thing looks very cool.

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on this. It looks like it'll be pretty good, and it looks like the kind of game where just moving around is a lot of fun. My only real concern is that the map size looks pretty small, but I'm sure it'll be bigger in the final release though. 

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

This looks amazing, its like JSR had a child and had it raised by jesus and then jesus brought it out to the world with the blessings of his best music composer along with it. I can't wait for this to come out.

This may be the Jet Set Radio 'sequel' I've been wanting. I like the general artstyle, this game just bleeeds JSR/Mirror's Edge to boot.

And NOW's it's been greenlighted...all the 'SQUEEEEEEE's in the world can't contain my excitement~

Wow it's like Mirror's Edge: Fun Edition.  Like, all the bullshit cut out, focusing on fun over realism with all those moon jumps and lack of fall damage, love it.

The art style is utterly gorgeous too.

Even if they just released this build as is, it seems like a game I can spend several hours in fucking around and trying every jump combination known to man. Almost makes me think of the fun I had playing Super Mario 64 for the first time.

Pretty excited for this!!

• Thumbs Up 2

For some reason this game is reminding me of Osmosis Jones. I couldn't tell you why.

This looks pretty cool but what's the goal in this game? They did a lot of running and jumping, but not a whole lot more.

Dang, I REALLY wanna try this out. I mean it look like crazy fun, it looks like eye candy with all the vibrant colors popping out, I mean just wow! I haven't been this interested in a indie game for some time now!

I seriously hope this is not bogged down with some bullshit like plot. Who the fuck cares what the plot is? I am doing gainers off of fucking rooftops and it is amazing.

I gotta say, the freedom, the art and most of all, the sensation of having super-powers from that point of view already sold it to me. And Naganuma composing? Double deal.

I'm not the only one who, after reading the story synopsis to Hover, sees striking similarities to the JSR plots?

According to their Twitter, the game is coming to Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One as well. 

HOVER.png

I'm really looking forward to this. I love the futuristic look it has, how it's like Jet Set Radio and Mirror's Edge had a baby, and Hideki Naganuma is composing the soundtrack. It's certainly something that I must have in my life. Apparently a kickstarter is suppose to be coming soon, and I certainly wouldn't mind supporting it.

Nice. That's the PS4 version for me then. Another top tier indie game to get!

It looks amazing! I can see the JSR influences but knowing that Naganuma is composing the game as well...oh my! I'm definitely getting this for Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw the parkour and tricks in the video, and I almost wanted to flip my desk and say "I fucking wanted to be the one to make a game like this!"

Then I remembered that 1) parkour has been done before, 2) I'm writing a damn book series first and foremost, and 3) I still have plenty of room to be different, and then I calmed down. laugh.png

But yeah, aside from my jealousy, this looks really interesting.

Aw man, this thread ain't dead is it? I've been lookin' way to long for some actual conversation on this game.

Well, anyway, I'm pretty hype for this. Naganuma's tunes especially. Real shame that the guy doesn't get more work. They've mentioned 3rd person play being an option, despite 1st person being the focus. I'm not a huge fan of first person view, but I'll definitely give it a shot. Still, I hope the 3rd person controls are fine tuned and made to feel every bit as natural.