Awoo.

Hover: Revolt of Gamers (PC/Wii U/PS4/XBONE) | JSRF meets Mirror's Edge

#AR

Dammit i was just about to post that.

Anyways, as much as I want custom characters, I'm not sure if we'll make it to that one, given the 15 day time limit. It'd be cool to at least get the hoverboard though, but I'm still mostly holding out for the Wii U version being hit first before I worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

As people here stated before, Hover is officially coming to the Wii U.

There are a couple days left before the end of the Kickstarter, let's see if we can somehow scrounge up enough for the swing hook/hoverboard goal.

Guess I should probably donate a bit to this before the end of the kick starter, glad its coming to wii u (cause I definitely wouldn't be able to play this on PC).

I was considering now that its coming to wii-u, but on the other hand still hesitant, as I have managed to resist kickstarters up to this point

Yeah, I decided to back $15 (about £9) to the game. I like enough of what I've seen to warrant doing so. I guess I'll go with the PS4 version since the game has multiplayer.

Yeah, I decided to back $15 (about £9) to the game. I like enough of what I've seen to warrant doing so. I guess I'll go with the PS4 version since the game has multiplayer.

Same here, but I'm going for the wii-u version, and that's part of the reason I've been waiting 

FINAL HOURS!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midgarstudio/hover-revolt-of-gamers/posts/851339

Update #16 ℹ

May 21 2014

Update #16 - Last Hours !

1 comment
♥ Like
4 likes 

Only a few hours left to support Hover as much as possible ! Let's take this opportunity to come back on the reasons that lead us to launch a kickstarter campaign.

As you know, Fusty Game is composed of only three people. It's a very small team for such an ambitious project that is Hover, but when an entire community supports you, everything becomes possible.

Our ambition has always been to offer an impressive and original experience, separating itself both from big studios' standards and independant games' trends. To keep this authenticity we needed a funding project allowing us to keep our independence and creative freedom. It's important for us to keep our promise and meet your expectations, and this is why Kickstarter appeared as the best solution. Thanks to the support of Midgar Studio, without which we probably wouldn't have been able to launch a fundraising campaign, we managed to show Hover to players in the whole world and communicating with you directly so we could better understand your wishes and communicate our intentions. This relation with the community has several times revealed itself to be beneficial for Hover, for example, it is thanks to your requests that we have contacted Hideki Naganuma and today we can rejoice about having such an incredible collaboration. It's also thanks to the support of the Kickstarter community that we reached a goal far superior to our first objective and thanks to which Hover will gain ambition and quality.

Now we're fully going back to work and prepare a nice alpha version that we're planning to release before late 2014 !9eaad9973cd80033d0f8910bea21ac2b_large.p

Glad this game got as far as it did in the goals (even though we didn't get the next one), can't wait for it when it finally releases.

Yeah I'm really glad this game got so far in goals, the bigger gameworld will definitely be great. Too bad it didn't go further though: I wanted the customization of characters. I didn't want the grapple hook though: I felt that it would have been too OP and distracted from the parkour mechanics too much. 

I really wanted the Swing-Hook and the Hoverboard and we just missed it but I'm still totally content with what we did get. This is easily one of my most anticipated games that has come from Kickstarter.

I really wanted the Swing-Hook and the Hoverboard and we just missed it but I'm still totally content with what we did get. This is easily one of my most anticipated games that has come from Kickstarter.

They proably would have been buyable as part of the game story which would have been cool, however I would not rule it out, they are doing kickstarter! Also I backed after they reached the wii-u goal! 

Amen. Swing-Hook woulda been a great addition; they just barely missed it.

But yeah, you can't really complain, especially considering how great the game looks already.

• 10 months later...

... -uses Google to dig this thread up because the SSMB search system won't work properly-

http://steamcommunity.com/app/280180#scrollTop=0

Hover is now up for sale as an Early Access on Steam! 

$19.99 USD and £14.99 GBP (not sure about other currencies), but for a limited time it's currently $16.99 and £12.74.

Now just to hope that the game ends up releasing in full smoothly unlike most Kickstarter projects that end up with this treatment.

If it's anything like the demo I got for being a backer, then I don't have high hopes.  The demo was really clunky and annoying to play, and there wasn't even that much cool stuff going on visually.  It was pretty much a bust, not to mention the client used to run it was so shitty that I couldn't even deal with it to play it more than once.

• 1 year later...

It's been just about forever, hasn't it?

After years of Early Access updates on Steam, yesterday the studio announced out of the blue that there would be surveys sent out today to confirm your platform of choice for the final game. Surprisingly, both Wii U and Switch were listed as choices. I'm guessing they acquired the resources to port it there along the way or received some kind of support from Nintendo.

Though I was a little wary about not having heard anything previously about a Switch version, I chose that platform as I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of mine. Hopefully the final game can now be released on all platforms in a timely manner (funnily enough, the original delivery date still says April 2015).

11 minutes ago, Metal the Mario said:

It's been just about forever, hasn't it?

After years of Early Access updates on Steam, yesterday the studio announced out of the blue that there would be surveys sent out today to confirm your platform of choice for the final game. Surprisingly, both Wii U and Switch were listed as choices. I'm guessing they acquired the resources to port it there along the way or received some kind of support from Nintendo.

Though I was a little wary about not having heard anything previously about a Switch version, I chose that platform as I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of mine. Hopefully the final game can now be released on all platforms in a timely manner (funnily enough, the original delivery date still says April 2015).

Yep, I'm going Switch too, this is the only game I've kickstarted, and having another game for my Switch isn't a bad thing. Also got announced for switch last month